Idea for a team based competitive mode

WestX
WestX Member Posts: 120
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know what you would call this game mode, but I have a general idea for how it would function.

The game move would be 4 vs 4, 1 killer per team along with 3 "Cultists"(Survivors). The killer's objectives are to either successfully sacrifice the enemy team's "Cultists", or just generally impede them. Each killer can potentially stun the other temporarily.

The Cultists goal is to complete various objectives around the map making progress towards an ultimate goal while avoiding Sabotage from the enemy team, or attacks from the enemy Killer. This could be things like repair generators, cleanse totems, find a key, and other things. Each objective contributes towards the final one which can vary by map. Maybe stealing an artifact from the enemy team, escaping through an objective that only one team can use(the one who opened it), activate some kind of special totem, or maybe even capture a set of 3 items and bring them to a special zone.

Cultists could try and lay traps for the enemy killer or sabotage the enemy cultist's objectives.

One team wins when either all Cultists on the enemy team have been eliminated, or upon completing their final objective. Sacrificed Cultists could potentially have a resurrection system but sometime limited so as to keep matches from going on too long.

The general idea is to try and take how the normal game mode functions, but add a competitive spin to it without completely changing how everything works. And to give a sort of Killer Vs Killer scenario. I think it could turn out pretty fun and hectic, each team would have to jumble a few things, focusing on defense and offense at the same time.

Comments

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

Interesting idea. Unfortunately, there aren't enough players right not to have rapid queue times with the single mode we have; so any other modes would make queue times horrendous.

A Killer v Killer mode would be interesting - even if it was something like; just two teams and a challenge to see which team could escape/be killed first.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

I think it could help spice things up a bit, maybe breathe some new life into the game. You can only play the same game mode so many times before it eventually gets stale if there's nothing to change things up enough.