Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How to run dbd in 1440p

Witas
Witas Member Posts: 477
edited September 2020 in Ask the Community

As in title. I just bought a new display and dbd displays in stretched 1920x1080, dbd doesn't have in-game resolution settings (what ? It's like the only game I know that doesn't have those settings XD), any ideas how to fix this ?

Answers

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

from atop of my head, i think it's the 'resolution' or something setting? set it down from 100%? not sure

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166
    edited September 2020

search on youtube how to remove vsync. it will show you were to edit the configuration file

• Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898

I just recently got a 1440p monitor and did a fresh Windows install too. On first game launch the game had already defaulted to 1440p for me.

It just doesn't scale the game to 1440p like other games do so it looks streched on a first glance.

You can verify that by opening the configuration file with notepad or similar.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

If for some reason it doesn't change to 1440p try deleting the configuration file, then the game should generate a new file using default settings based on your system and resolution.