If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pallet Vacuums and Number of Pallets

Options

ngl been playing this game since the start and have enjoyed it hugely, but the recent nerfs to survivor are making me want to stop playing survivor entirely, I get that pallet looping is an issue, but the combination of Bloodlust, reduction in pallets, changing the design of pallet locations, adding visual blocks to stop survivors seeing the killers location, the recent change to pallet vacuums in the PTB is WAY TO MUCH, you only need a few of these changes to prevent looping and balance the game, but lob all of them into the current game would destroy it. I would argue that the devs are slowly destroying the game for example removing skill which is what this game is, a skill based game, to 360 and bait killers lunges and even with loops there is some degree of skill involved i agree that they do need to be made more challenging to pull off but by making it impossible to lose a killer makes the game less fun for both sides as it may become to easy and you need a balance in a game both sides need there pros and cons, i would argue if the PTB goes into the main game in the current state it would go full circle and surivors will rarely escape, unless they come accross a boosted killer.
leave ur thought on the latest changes to survivor in the PTB and actual game, soz for the rant but i dont want this game to die and become un playable.

Comments

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2018
    Options

Implying that running in a circle requires skill...Welcome back to playing dead by daylight and not benny hill sims fella.

And if you honestly think survivors were intended to be magical teleporting at wood elves than that's a pretty good sign that your just more upset that you ca'nt cheat killers out of hits and bully them.

Btw welcome to an actual asymmetrical game ideal where you are not actually supposed to escape every round, nor feel entitled too it : P

But a helpful word really, Your not supposed to rely the most on pallets to survive, your supposed to escape and LOS the killer, there was never any reason for you to want to stay in the killers face and now the devs are fixing that to be corrected.

All 50/50 and killer mains have been warning survivors this day would come and survivors told us to Git Gud, well, guess what? Killers have had to build up skill against your teleporting pallets and now that your losing them because your gameplay you chose to make meta is going away to some degree, you can now realize how not skilled you were and start learning more towards how to actually play dbd and become skilled survivors, until then though, your against killers who got hardened by pallet looping extremists.

Pretty much this discussion could be put in the nutshell post of * Entitlement at it's finest *

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Well, on the PTB, the removal of that vacuum is VERY beneficial and should really go live.
    One reason is that it transformed a lot of pallet plays into actual mindgames.
    It used to be "I'll just do one or two more loops, and the vacuum will catch me and save me anyway". It was pretty brainless, not hard to estimate and not fun to play against, as well as not very interesting to play at unless you did consider running in circles as a good feature, which I don't.

Now, you gotta use pallets more strategically, since not throwing down as you pass through could actually earn you a hit if you do not pay attention or aren't aware of the surroundings.
    Teleporting with pallets was pretty wrong.

About the number of pallets, this is very debatable and the number of necessary pallets heavily depends on the rank you play at. At high ranks, the current amount of pallets is easily sufficient for a decent team to stall you for the whole 5 gens if you try to go through all of them, so, as killer, you gotta find a way to cut these off.

At low ranks, you possibly lack some pallets at times since people are slower to repair and less efficient at using them. But are they really a reference about how the game should be played and balanced upon ?