I'm worried for The Executioner

2»

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763
    edited September 2020

Oh yikes I've been summoned-

In my honest opinion, no they're not. Situations should always be that survivors and killers have an equal chance to succeed or fail a play. It's why L-T walls are regarded as the most balanced tile, and why short (in height), long loops are seen as bullshit. Pyramid Head forces a lose-lose unless you're playing for fun (which I do, 80% of the time) which isn't fair. It's all well and good saying that killers should be the power role but first and foremost it's a game, and games should be fun where everyone can win.

Edit: clarified what I meant because "short, long loops" made no sense

Post edited by GoodBoyKaru on
  • azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Thank you for your input karu it's always much appreciated. Especially from a pyramid head main himself.

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
  • LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

You are the most annoying person here and given these forums I don't hand that title out lightly. Jesus Christ. Every post you act in bad faith and irritate people. The dude said nothing about that at all, yet you still jumped to conclusions. Just starting crap for no reason.

• LuffyBlack

You were very polite, gave your opinion, and didn't act in bad faith. I have no idea why them and that other person behaved the way they did. You didn't even insult anyone.

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

Thank you. I actually have a bit of a temper now and then, but I do my best to maintain a polite and friendly atmosphere. I appreciate the kind words, but azame did agree with me in his reply afterwards.

We have a lot of negative people around the forums, so my idea is to keep a patient environment to control that. Not to challenge them or be rid of them, just to not react in a similar angry manner and show them to be more friendly. You know, the golden rule of treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Thank you again for the kind compliment 🙂

• azame
    edited September 2020

I was half being sarcastic if you didnt notice the last sentence. Also you dont really know me all you have seen are some internet text and never interacted with me personally. Dont make bold claims. He also pointed out I agreed with him :)

Read that for me now.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I'll be honest, when I heard PH was getting some work done that would include getting his PoD looked at, I was super excited. I was really hoping they'd change his turning for PoD along with the cooldown to compensate for his nerfs so that his PoD felt a lot smoother, and players could feel a bit more confident going for skill shots with more control.

I hope he gets a bit more before they push him to live. I really want him to still be decent.

• LuffyBlack
    edited September 2020

I don't need to know you personally to think you're annoying, seeing you here and the few times I've interacted with you has shown me enough. However, out of respect for the OP I am backing away.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

If it makes you feel better I enjoy your company and input..?

• azame
    edited September 2020

That makes me feel good as always I appreciate it karu.

• azame

I'll do the same as I have no real beef with you despite what you think about me.

• LuffyBlack

Thinking about it, I took that pretty far. I apologize for that. That was uncool.

• azame

Nah it's cool man I can come off as rude but I dont mind the rude comments I'm used to it by now.

• ItzNobody

So I wonder how is The Executioner now that the PtB is live, did the change hurt him or can he manage to be strong still?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited October 2020

@ClickyClicky

You and I may not agree on everything but I agree with you here.

Right now I didn’t feel he was as terrible as I thought he might have felt in PTB. His power (without I’m All Ears) you are basically guessing and when you add those things that you’ve listed that’s when I say that I don’t think people understand how hard it is to use his power, because many times you are simple guessing where survivors are going to position themselves to.

• ItzNobody

I agree with you on his Punishment of the Damned, it is silly not to use it when Survivors are locked in an animation as well, isn't that the perfect time to use your power?

Reducing the cooldown helps, but I figured it would be minimal so the .5 second reduction is no surprise. Why not reduce it to a clean 2 seconds instead of 2.25?

Even then it won't be enough, I would say increase his control when using Rites of Judgement so that the attack isn't so predictable. Increase the speed of the animation so that it reduces the slight window a Survivor has to dodge it, and increase the range that he gets from his add-ons that affect it.

As of now his green add-on increases his range of attack by 1.5 meters totalling to 13.5 meters when added to his default 12 meter range. Increase the add on range to 4 meters, so he gets a 16 meter range instead with an add-on plus the lower cooldown. Or keep the cooldown and increase how fast his attack hits, I feel like these would be good steps in increasing the use for Punishment of the Damned overall.

As I said in my post, I do appreciate the developers for giving him something of a buff to make up for an increased cooldown, but in this case I don't think it is enough if you want players to use Punishment of the Damned more often.

But maybe I am being biased and giving him too much of a buff, what do you think?

• ItzNobody

So with the PTB live for a while we have our numbers.

The Executioner has reduced speed of 4.4m/s when exiting Rites of Judgement as well as having a 1 second cooldown before being able to attack. However, his Punishment of the Damned special attack has been reduced from 2.75 seconds to 2.25 seconds.

Do you guys feel like this change is good enough, or can more be improved upon for release?

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798
    edited October 2020

He is honestly nothing like Huntress. Huntress slows down to 77% when readying a hatchet, and needs to charge it for 2.75 seconds before it flies at full speed. During that time the survivor will be gaining distance, and they can even dodge a bit without losing distance, so she needs to be smart about when she pulls out a hatchet. If she can't get off a good throw in time she'll have to put away the hatchet and she'll just have lost distance for nothing.

PH moves at 110% speed in torment mode and has almost no cooldown before being able to M1 coming out of torment mode. That is why he can zone, and that is why he is broken compared to Huntress. His only incentive to land a hit quickly is his power gauge depleting, not that he's losing distance, and that's a non-issue if he doesn't trigger torment mode at a dumb time. Imagine if Huntress could move at 110% speed while readying a hatchet, she could throw the hatchet through walls, and she could instantly put it away and M1 you instead of throwing it. That closer to how it feels to play against PH right now.

Imagine a Demogorgon that could move at 110% while readying a shred, or a Nurse that could move at 110% while charging a blink and could cancel her blink as she was charging it... If the killer is going to use an ability that allows them to easily deal damage at a distance there needs to be some sort of drawback or counter, and a tried and true way of adding one is reducing the killer's speed as they're prepping their attack. I think PH needs the same treatment in exchange for other buffs (like reducing the travel time of POTD so it can't be dodged even on insanely good ping). Zoning is just a terrible mechanic that needs to be removed from the game imo.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Yeah pretty much no reason to ever use his ranged attack now. Just another M1 killer on the scrap heap. He'll keep Clown company at least.

Sad.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473

Sadly, it's true, survivors crying just to nerf him is sad, he got nerfed once and that's ok, now he's just useless, kinda like Gearhead, nerfed once and rendered useless

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

Why do killers have to be the only players that need 'skill' to perform their basic powers and mechanics though?

Why do the majority of Survivor mechanics not involve much 'skill' to them and are just 'run over and hit a button'? Not even talking about perks here.

Literally the issue was Survivors could not longer trust vaults or pallets in a chase if PH was directly behind them - instead being forced to eat a hit of some sort because they didn't come at a loop from a different angle to allow them to get through that loop point.

The compensations we got are pitiful. They should have widened his attack so 'side-stepping' wasn't a thing; you had to literally get out of the way to avoid it not just take one step to the left or right.