Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Wiggle meter reset

Predated
Predated Member Posts: 2,976
edited October 2020 in Bug Reporting

As if wiggling isnt already far too weak as is right now, appearantly dropping a survivor and leaving them slugged for 3 minutes punishes the survivor with the removal of wiggle progress.

I havent had time to test it yet, and I cant find anything special in the logs that indicates anything fishy going on.

Things that happened:

Short version: Got downed, picked up, wiggled 1/4th of the way, got dropped, EGC started, teammate escaped, hatch got closed, waited 2 whole minutes, killer picked me up, 0 progress on wiggling even though it should have been 1/3rd-ish.

Long version:

I got downed, got picked up and wiggled about a quarter, then I got dropped as the killer decided to try and get the 4k. Since I got dropped, the bar should have been about 1/3rd along the way(which should really add much more progress IMO, there is very little reason to drop a survivor and there is very little risk to it either, even including self pick up perks, but that complaint aside). Then the other survivor opened the gate, starting the EGC. The killer started camping my slugged body as he messed up with death hooks and I was essentially in a safe area to wiggle free, especially after being dropped. I started crawling a bit thinking I could wiggle out at this point, but I got too close to the hatch so he closed it. After a long stare-down of the killer wanting me to get closer to a hook while I refused him that satisfaction, he picked me up again thinking it would only take 1 drop to get me free so I would be much more likely to run towards hooks. If he knew that my progress had been reset, he could have easily made it to the hook.

As for the logs, well, I assume you guys encrypted the logs again as I couldnt search for the moment that this all went down and save you guys some work, but I do realize that people understanding the logs can literally see which killer joins the lobby, which is a bit gamebreaking. Anyhow: I'm assuming it should be around 2:20-2:30, at the end of the match.

Not sure what exactly happened, I guess the EGC or closing the hatch might have affected healthstates and therefor reset the wiggle meter.

0 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

this is by design.

This discussion has been closed.