The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

QoL Update to Toolbox Add-Ons

The point of these changes is to standardize the amount of Add-Ons per Item, just like Power Add-Ons. Making all Items have 11 Add-Ons (2 Common, 3 Uncommon, 3 Rare, 2 Very Rare and 1 Ultra Rare) would create the standardization I'd like, without increasing the total Item Add-On count at all. Eventually, my secondary goal is to conceptualize on how Items can also be standardized, and I am planning to do it to the same standard set forth by Power Add-Ons (4 Common, 5 Uncommon, 5 Rare, 4 Very Rare and 2 Ultra Rare Items).

Note! The only improvement here that I'm not fully on-board with is the Spring Clamp change, which maybe others here can give me a better idea for.

INSTRUCTIONS

BEFORE: Eliminates Skill Checks while Toolbox repairing.

AFTER: Increases both Skill Check success zones by 15% while Toolbox repairing.

SCRAPS

NO CHANGES.

CLEAN RAG

• Increased to Uncommon, from Common.

CUTTING WIRE

NO CHANGES.

WIRE SPOOL

NO CHANGES.

HACKSAW

NO CHANGES.

PROTECTIVE GLOVES

• Increased to Rare, from Uncommon.

BEFORE: Prevents the Killer from receiving a Loud Noise Indicator when destroying a Sacrificial Hook via Toolbox sabotage.

AFTER: Prevents the Killer from receiving a Loud Noise Indicator when destroying a Sacrificial Hook via Toolbox sabotage. Decreases the noise and hearing distances of Toolbox sabotaging by 8 meters.

SOCKET SWIVELS

• Rarity increased to Rare, from Uncommon.

GRIP WRENCH

• Increased to Very Rare, from Rare.

BEFORE: Toolbox sabotaging a Sacrificial Hook increases it's respawn time by 15 seconds.

AFTER: Pressing the Secondary Action button while Toolbox sabotaging uses Grip Wrench, consuming the Add-On, removing one full Toolbox sabotage worth of charges from the Toolbox, and instantly destroying the Sacrificial Hook. Sacrificial Hooks destroyed by Grip Wrench takes an additional 15 seconds to respawn.

SPRING CLAMP

• Increased to Very Rare, from Uncommon.

BEFORE: Decreases the noise and hearing distance of Toolbox repairing by 8 meters.

AFTER: Eliminates noises caused by Toolbox repairing. When failing a Skill Check while Toolbox repairing, the explosion will be prevented and the generator will loose no progress.

BRAND NEW PART

BEFORE: The Toolbox repair interaction is replaced with Install Brand New Part. While preforming Install Brand New Part, over 5 seconds, the generator gains 15% progress and a total of 2 difficult Skill Checks are triggered periodically which grants the generator 5% progress when succeeded. The Add-On is consumed either after the 5 seconds, or if the interaction is interrupted.

AFTER: Pressing the Secondary Action button while Toolbox repairing uses Brand New Part for 5 seconds, increasing Toolbox repairing speed by 140%, and triggering a total of 2 difficult Skill Checks which grants the generator 5% progress when succeeded. The Add-On is consumed either after the 5 seconds, if the interaction is interrupted or if the Toolbox is fully depleted.

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Only thing I want them to change about toolboxes is to increase the purple and non commodious green toolbox charges to 24 (same as yellow) so that the commodious isn't strictly better than them.

Currently it's weird because toolboxes for repairing go like this in terms of quality go Green, Purple, Yellow, Green, Brown.

Changing the charges like I suggest would make it Purple, Green, Green, Yellow, Brown. Which makes more sense.