Something's got to be done about slugging

Options

I'm not talking about slugging 1 person for a little extra pressure. I'm talking about Leatherface or another killer ending a game in 1 or 2 minutes because the survivors physically can't get each other up before he comes back to them. Most of us agree that is not how the game should be played and isn't fun for anyone. My solution is to make a survivor's dying state recovery speed increase per downed survivor. In my opinion that would punish mass sluggers without encroaching too much on regular old slugging someone because of DS. A killer should 4k win with 9+ hooks as is intended, not 3 or 4 hooks or bleed outs.

Comments

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    edited October 2020
    Options

No I don't think getting 4 slugs is that easy from the killer perspective and then to not recover from that slugging is usually the survivors fault. Compared to camping or tunneling, 4k slugs are way less problematic imo.

Slugging is also the only slight counter to DS. Provided that they don't have unbreakable, which you will see in some games.

Some killers like Oni get the most out of their power by slugging so it would be an indirect nerf to them.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

If all 4 Survivors are put into the Dying state within 1 or 2 minutes of the first down then you (or the other Survivors) are clearly doing something wrong.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Slugging is fine. There is Unbreakable, you can heal up to 95%... sometimes killer has to do it to even stand a chance.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,589
    edited October 2020
    Options

If you got 4 man slugged in the first 1-2min yall either played very, very badly or the killer was just way better than all of you.

There's nothing wrong with slugging at the moment at all. It's the only way a killer can reasonably pressure the survivors. There are also a multitude of anti-slug perks you could run but clearly refuse to, not that you even need them though honestly.

As a survivor I'd rather be slugged anyway as it saves me a hook state or it's even a free second chance if I'm running Unbreakable and now the killer gained nothing.

"A killer should 4k win with 9+ hooks as is intended, not 3 or 4 hooks or bleed outs."

9+ hooks is just completely unviable to win against good survivors. If yall lost in 3 or 4 you played bad.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

If killer manages to 4 man slug all of your team it means you all have severly ######### up. It's the same as killer who can't get a down for first 3-4 minutes and then complain he got unfairly gen rushed when it's his fault for playing bad.

Don't blame killer for your own teams mistakes and him capitalizing on them to end the game. You already have a lot of perks to hard counter this strategy if you hate to play against it, there is 0 point to nerf valid killer strategy that already very hard to do vs good players.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Slugging is fine as it encourages active gameplay. Camping and tunneling are bigger problems imo.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I regularly run Distressing, Coulrophobia, and Sloppy on Clown (or Doc), and in my games it’s absolutely necessary to slug regularly to get any kind of upper hand on the survivors.

What astonished me though is the amount of survivors that are just super impatient and will try to revive slugs while I’m still very close by. Some even actually leading the chase right back to someone downed in the hope they can “tap” to get them up.

Of course my loadout just ensures I ALWAYS get easy hits on whomever is healing, and whoever is on the ground stays there.

You’re right. Most survivors highly contribute to that kind of snowball for the killer because so few survivors value caution.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,224
    Options

slugging like this in 2 min you did something wrong because for a killer this hard to do.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

I don't complain about DS+Unbreakable. I rarely get hit with a DS and if I slug for the 4k I've already won so I have no issue with you using your Unbreakable to hop up and prolong the game for a few minutes. Problem is if they have DS+Unbreakable they've likely already popped up with unbreakable because they got slugged earlier in the game.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,229
    Options

Slugging is one of the very few counter to a top tier swf , exactly why I run infectious fright on nurse because you're not winning the game 3 hooking everyone and the death squads will have the gens done in less than 5 minutes , you have to play a killer that can keep up with the pressure once you get to red ranks or you'll be staring at a open exit gate getting t bagged every match

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,769
    Options

We hadn't even been hooked and I don't run Unbreakable because my killers almost never slug. Which is why in instances like this where I don't have Unbreakable, instant loss.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,975
    Options

It is frustrating if you see one Survivor after another downed to the point all you see are red bodies dragging themselves around. However, it's the fellow Survivors I'm aggrieved at.

Having all Survivors clustered around like that is not clever. It's how Killers can turn the tide, and any Killer seeing such a mess will not knock a gift horse in the mouth. It's to be expected, and especially with The Cannibal it's deserved punishment.

Endgame slugging is also tactical. To slug all 4 early is poor play by the Survivors. Do not grant Killers such an opportunity.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

I tend to slug quite a bit, especially on Oni. I wouldn´t be opposed to the idea if implemented with reasonable numbers. Maybe starting at 0% for one slug, 10 for two, 15 for three and 20 for four?

All the anti slug mechanics aside, I know how unfun slugging is for the victim. This is why I like to give hatch so often for Survivors that push through ;-)

• HoneyBadger
    HoneyBadger Member Posts: 18
    Options

Is it bad if I said my whole team got destroy in the few minutes in the match by a hillbilly with infectious fright bbq and bamboozle..... It sucks though but it is what it is if you say anything about it most killers will bring up ub+ds yet not all survivors run the combo. Use felix new perk or we're going to live forever.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68
    Options

Hint: that's exactly WHY they need to slug.

You hook a guy, go chase another guy, hook that guy, come back to the previous hooked guy working on a gen because he still has DS, down him, can't pick him up, can you?

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    Options

i mean, it happens sometimes, unless its happening every time or most of the times its not a big deal

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Use unbreakable/ soul guard

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

I think if a killer is leaving someone slugged for an extended period of time they should have the option to speed up the 4 minute bleed out timer. If you're camped on hook you can speed up the 2 minute timer by attempting escape and then giving up during struggle. Being slugged lasts twice as long with no option. Killers should not feel safe leaving someone on the ground to bleed out for 4 minutes. Bleed out also shouldn't count as kills on challenges because there definitely was an increase in slug until bleed out when "kill survivors by any means" popped up.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
  • TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54
    Options

I mean there are ways to not get slugged it's called get Good lol

But all jokes aside survivors do have some perks to help with this unbreakable, flip flop (not the best option but it can help) you can pair it with tenacity) if he want to slug you crawl away from a hook and get your flip flop up. The new we are gonna live forever buff, you can even use a syringe if needed.

But if your against a permanent t3 myers on the game with distressing and infectious fright then you better hope you have calm spirit.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Infectious fright one hit down fast mobile killers are definitely the biggest issue I have with slugging. The killer has ruin, 9 times out of 10 someone disconnects, No-one can work on gens, and the killer just never let's up. It's no good and needs a change.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

Run Unbreakable.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

If it almost never happens, what's the problem? 🤔🤔🤔

• 4Snarfs
    4Snarfs Member Posts: 2
    Options

This isn’t a problem. This is an option in gameplay. Just like tunneling or farming. What needs to be fixed, is when a host quits after the lobby and you lose all of your tools and perks. THATS an issue.

• Ace_The_Killer
    Ace_The_Killer Member Posts: 1
    Options

Im red ranks and find myself in alotta situations to slug and 9/10 there all on the ground though i am a pretty good nurse when it comes to blinking if i do say so but i dont get many the chance to slug against good suv but when i do its usually i down someone and i see another hiding behind a rock then i see someone res the firdt guy and then down the guy resing and the other guy is injured and boon i am winning with a tremoundes advantage i usually stop slugging because its boring and hard as nurse to patrol slugs also i find people love to res in your face making it very easy to just knock down the guy just resd untill all recover bars are reset and boom down the 4th guy before the rest can recover

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

If everyone got slugged that early into the game then the problem isn’t slugging. The problem is the survivors in the game. They made way too much mistakes so early in the game that the killer was able to down them all so early. Or like someone else said, the killer is in the wrong ranks or you are. So either way the survivors would have lost. The killer just ended the game quicker than he would have.

• votepsi
    votepsi Member Posts: 43
    Options

I think if survivors have enough time to crawl to reach other then they should be able to revive another survivors in the dying state. Maybe heal at half speed?

Also unbreakable needs a buff, onetime use does not counter slugging, unless the whole team is running it.

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102
    Options

Many perks to counter slugging anyway. Except when playing against hag. Just played a match and all 3 disconnected cause she was just trapping slugs

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93
    Options

😒 if your intention is getting as close to 32,000 bp as possible then yeah, OP has a point. I've mostly given up on this argument on the Playstation forums but it seems like the younger and dumber killers think the purpose of the killer is to kill everyone ASAP and end the match in 5 minutes with 15-18,000 bp and 250 xp, this-to me-is patently stupid, a terrible logic fail and a wastebof time.

If it's obvious you can easily outplay and kill all the survivors ASAP then it's also obviously easy to string the game out for the 10 minutes it takes to get maximum xp and do more activities that get you a lot closer to 32k bp (and two pips if you think rank matters).

The usual argument nearly always has to include some doofus using some variation of "IT'S CALLED DEAD BY DAYLIGHT NOT HOOKED THREE TIMES BY DAYLIGHT" as a weak attempt at making a point.

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93
    Options

Nope, useless killers just buy Bubba or one of the other easy instadown killers and camp a hook or hang near a downed survivor for a "GG EZ" minimal skill win innit

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

There are a lot better solutions as a survivor you can do already one being the thing you mentioned. UB will let you recover faster no matter how many people are down. Also to avoid slugging just don’t be super close to your team if you can see that’s what the killer is doing.

• DarthDraithan
    DarthDraithan Member Posts: 5
    Options

There's litteraly a dozen counters for it already but nothings good enough for a whiny survivor main right?