Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

saying I don't have Dx11 when I have Dx12?

I just upgraded my graphics card today and now have a gtx 970 4gb. I've never gotten this message before and I have all the requirements for the game. I updated all my drives and as soon as I did that thats when this message popped up but it was also crashing before so I needed to update. Help?

Answers

• Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898
    edited October 2020

The different versions of DirectX support different functions and the exact version is required to run certain functions required by this game. This isn't a thing where higher number equals better of the same thing but a thing where new version contains fully reworked functions and isn't backwards compatible which is why most gaming graphics card support a long list of version instead of just the most latest one at the time when the card was manufactured.

Run these installers;

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\vcredist_x64.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\vcredist_x86.exe

Then update your Windows.

If your drivers are OK then somewhere along the graphics card change some depencies listed above could have gotten corrupt or broken. It's also a good idea to update Windows just to make sure since DirectX is included and updated with Windows operating system.

If you are still experiencing problems you should try to fully uninstall all graphics drivers using this tool, https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu- , then reboot your system and install latest drivers for your correct graphics card. Also make sure your Windows is using your graphics card instead of integrated graphics from your CPU.