Simple suggestion to balance D strike.

Options

Why not make D strike simply stun the killer in place instead of dropping the survivor? Keep everything about D strike the same from the stun times to the skillcheck but instead you get a stun giving the survivor more time to wiggle. This suggestion would also pair well with boil over for anyone looking to run a wiggle free build. With this change the killer would have some legit counter play and it would not be game breaking. Its a simple idea but maybe this is all the perk really needs to be balanced. Thoughts? Opinions?

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    Why not make D strike simply stun the killer in place instead of dropping the survivor? Keep everything about D strike the same from the stun times to the skillcheck but instead you get a stun giving the survivor more time to wiggle. This suggestion would also pair well with boil over for anyone looking to run a wiggle free build. With this change the killer would have some legit counter play and it would not be game breaking. Its a simple idea but maybe this is all the perk really needs to be balanced. Thoughts? Opinions?

Every one thinking up these big changes. Your idea is good. But honestly...

Just make only obession able to use it. Problem solved. Only one D-strike s game, that won’t effect you that much.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Just make only obession able to use it. Problem solved. Only one D-strike s game, that won’t effect you that much.

Maybe this but just the idea of a free escape that the killer has little control over just doesn't feel right. The stun time could be increased to give more wiggle time but for all the talk about potential changes mine feels like it would be the best solution purely because its easy to implement, the killer can counter it with other perks like iron grasp and enduring and it wont be a detriment to the killer. Once a killer catches someone he should not be robbed of that catch and have to sink more time into a chase. In a meta all about time this would be the most effective solution to ensure it is fair for everyone.

• Jack11803
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Maybe this but just the idea of a free escape that the killer has little control over just doesn't feel right. The stun time could be increased to give more wiggle time but for all the talk about potential changes mine feels like it would be the best solution purely because its easy to implement, the killer can counter it with other perks like iron grasp and enduring and it wont be a detriment to the killer. Once a killer catches someone he should not be robbed of that catch and have to sink more time into a chase. In a meta all about time this would be the most effective solution to ensure it is fair for everyone.

The idea of me being punished for doing good with a one hit during exit gate power doesn’t leave me feeling okay. It leaves me WOKE

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

The idea of me being punished for doing good with a one hit during exit gate power doesn’t leave me feeling okay. It leaves me WOKE

NOED isen't that much of an issue since it has good counter play. Destroying all the totems preemptively negates the perk completely. Whenever you have the chance you should be cleansing totems to account for this perk.

• Jack11803
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

NOED isen't that much of an issue since it has good counter play. Destroying all the totems preemptively negates the perk completely. Whenever you have the chance you should be cleansing totems to account for this perk.

W O K E

• Jack11803
    Options

W O K E

• Jack11803
    Options

I SAID W O K E

• Jack11803
    Options

I said....it leaves me.....W O K E

• Jack11803
    Options

I said....it leaves me....W O K E In all seriousness, I think a single free health state isn’t so bad, as obession frequently gets tumbled for dying light, and it’s another chance to hit for remember me. Plus it being obession only means people will run other obession perks (NOT META PERKS) in order to be obession.

• Jack11803
    Options

Wow, it told me those didn’t send, and they did, sorry for spam

• Jack11803
    Options

Now I’m pissed!

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    I said....it leaves me....W O K E In all seriousness, I think a single free health state isn’t so bad, as obession frequently gets tumbled for dying light, and it’s another chance to hit for remember me. Plus it being obession only means people will run other obession perks (NOT META PERKS) in order to be obession.

Another suggestion i seen floated around for D strike is make it have a bleedout timer. When the survivor D strikes a killer they basically get a borrowed time status. They then need to haul ass and hide. It would atleast negate their ability to take you back to pallet town and waste more time.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Wow, it told me those didn’t send, and they did, sorry for spam

Its all good, i was a bit confused why you were posting it over and over tho lol

• Jack11803
    Options

I should flag myself for incompetence. Forgive me daddy Dwight for I’ve been naughty.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I have actually suggested this idea twice on the DbD subreddit. Glad to see that someone else also thinks it would be a good idea.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    edited June 2018
    Options

Anything is good for that perk. Survivors are running it all the time. We need more variety in this game instead of sb/bt/sc/ds.. it has been like that for as long as I can remember.. why release new survivors and new perks if they're going to be never used and just clog the bloodweb?

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:
    I have actually suggested this idea twice on the DbD subreddit. Glad to see that someone else also thinks it would be a good idea.

It for sure would be a really nice change. The perk would still be useful and if the killer wanted to run a build to counter it iron grasp + enduring + agitation would do just that.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Okay, I've been playing Dead by Daylight on console for the past 6 months basically and I have been looking at PC gameplay as well to gather data. From what I see and what others say (Including devs), Decisive Strike gives way too much value for being a perk. So I'll like to suggest a perk rework and say the pros/cons of this rework! Please give constructive feedback, and don't be afraid to point some flaws in this rework because that's why I came to the forums!

Decisive Strike:
    Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp, when you've at least wiggled 200/175/150% total during the entire trial, succeed a skill check to automatically fill the rest of the wiggle meter. Increases your chances of becoming the obsession.

How it works:
    So let's say the first time you was in the killer's grasp you wiggled to 45%, second time you wiggled to 75%, finally you wiggled to 30% and that was enough wiggle to get the skill check to get off the killer's shoulder. So if you do the math 45+75+30=150 which is barely enough to for Decisive Strike tier III to get your skill check. In theory, survivors will need to at least wiggle 50% every time they are on the killer's shoulder and the third time they will need more time for the skill check to appear and succeed it (Remember this is based on you having Decisive Strike III).

Pros: Killer
    Doesn't ruin momentum on first/second hooks.
    Can prevent the perk from ever being used if you are close to hooks.
    Survivors who are 2 hooked will likely not be able to gain enough wiggle to get off your shoulder.
    No instant Decisive Strike for the obsession (Yay!).

Cons: Killer
    Will punish you if you are far away from hooks and can ruin momentum early if you are unlucky.
    Can potentially provide survivors cheese escapes during the end game.obsession

Why not make D strike simply stun the killer in place instead of dropping the survivor? Keep everything about decisive strike the same from the stun times to the skill check but instead you get a stun giving the survivor more time to wiggle. This suggestion would also pair well with boil over for anyone looking to run a wiggle free build. With this change the killer would have some legit counter play and it would not be game breaking. It's a simple idea but maybe this is all the perk really needs to be balanced. Thoughts? Opinions?

@SadonicShadowHonestly that also wouldn't be a bad idea but I was thinking somewhere on the lines of you just drop the survivor on the floor (the survivor will still be in dying state) then the survivor will fill the wiggle bar just a little more (because you dropped the survivor).

Decisive Strike:
    Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp, succeed a skill check to automatically make the killer drop you on the floor. Causes exhaustion for 120/90/60 seconds and cannot be used when exhausted. Increases your chances of becoming the obsession.

-Can never ruin your momentum if hooks are always near by.
    -Survivors can't effectively pair SB, DH, BL, Lithe, with DS.
    -Perk doesn't restart chases.

-If you are far away from hooks, decisive strike can make you lose momentum.
    -Can give survivors another opportunity to flashlight safe.

My highest rank as survivor: 1
    My highest rank as killer: 3
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

literally what ive been saying

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@Brady said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

B b but.. then the poor survivors will have wasted their perk slots!

• RepliCant
    edited June 2018
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Brady said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

B b but.. then the poor survivors will have wasted their perk slots!

the sarcasm LOL

but so, isn't there other perks that are similar to that?

Maybe not idk but like, it's a good trade off if you ask me. Being the obsession if the killer has the right obsession perks is a downfall, and if you use DS you get a powerful get out of jail for free card.

Idk, I wouldn't get mad if there was only one DS a game. Seems really fair. I'm nearly a rank 1 survivor, I used DS when I played on PC and I gotta admit 4 DS' is just annoying. You get the luck handed to you if you end up being the obsession. This will also prevent seeing it so often. Killers want a nerf, that's a fairly good one.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Brady said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Brady Can you please, PLEASE just take a look at my suggestion, I really think it would work. Give my suggestion a chance because I took a lot of time into thinking about making the perk fair for both sides. 
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

You know what? I actually like this idea. Simple and yet, would be effective without feelings like a crutch.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

I think it's a good idea. I don't see the harm in trying this one out.

• RepliCant
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Okay, I've been playing Dead by Daylight on console for the past 6 months basically and I have been looking at PC gameplay as well to gather data. From what I see and what others say (Including devs), Decisive Strike gives way too much value for being a perk. So I'll like to suggest a perk rework and say the pros/cons of this rework! Please give constructive feedback, and don't be afraid to point some flaws in this rework because that's why I came to the forums!

Decisive Strike:
    Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp, when you've at least wiggled 200/175/150% total during the entire trial, succeed a skill check to automatically fill the rest of the wiggle meter. Increases your chances of becoming the obsession.

How it works:
    So let's say the first time you was in the killer's grasp you wiggled to 45%, second time you wiggled to 75%, finally you wiggled to 30% and that was enough wiggle to get the skill check to get off the killer's shoulder. So if you do the math 45+75+30=150 which is barely enough to for Decisive Strike tier III to get your skill check. In theory, survivors will need to at least wiggle 50% every time they are on the killer's shoulder and the third time they will need more time for the skill check to appear and succeed it (Remember this is based on you having Decisive Strike III).

Doesn't ruin momentum on first/second hooks.
    Can prevent the perk from ever being used if you are close to hooks.
    Survivors who are 2 hooked will likely not be able to gain enough wiggle to get off your shoulder.
    No instant Decisive Strike for the obsession (Yay!).

Will punish you if you are far away from hooks and can ruin momentum early if you are unlucky.
    Can potentially provide survivors cheese escapes during the end game.obsession
    SadonicShadow said:

Why not make D strike simply stun the killer in place instead of dropping the survivor? Keep everything about decisive strike the same from the stun times to the skill check but instead you get a stun giving the survivor more time to wiggle. This suggestion would also pair well with boil over for anyone looking to run a wiggle free build. With this change the killer would have some legit counter play and it would not be game breaking. It's a simple idea but maybe this is all the perk really needs to be balanced. Thoughts? Opinions?

@SadonicShadow Honestly that also wouldn't be a bad idea but I was thinking somewhere on the lines of you just drop the survivor on the floor (the survivor will still be in dying state) then the survivor will fill the wiggle bar just a little more (because you dropped the survivor).

Decisive Strike:
    Once per trial, when in the killer's grasp, succeed a skill check to automatically make the killer drop you on the floor. Causes exhaustion for 120/90/60 seconds and cannot be used when exhausted. Increases your chances of becoming the obsession.

-Can never ruin your momentum if hooks are always near by.
    -Survivors can't effectively pair SB, DH, BL, Lithe, with DS.
    -Perk doesn't restart chases.

-If you are far away from hooks, decisive strike can make you lose momentum.
    -Can give survivors another opportunity to flashlight safe.

My highest rank as survivor: 1
    My highest rank as killer: 3

I find it too complex to be a viable perk. That's just my opinion though... :P

I don't think obsession-only for the perk would be bad at all. You'd probably rarely see it, and there's always downfalls to being the obsession. Given that you got that get-out card, it's a good trade-off that you gotta hope you're the obsession to even get it in the first place.

Less frustrating for killers, but still keeps it intended purpose.

I'm not wasting 2 perk slots just for a wiggle escape that's probably barely guaranteed. A one-time stun is useless if you ask me.

Again, just my opinion.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Brady

You quoted EVERYTHING! Are you trying to give me a seizure!

• SadonicShadow
    edited June 2018
    Options

To add too my idea the stun time could be buffed slighty to give you additional time to wiggle. In addition to it the D strike would completely stun you in place, almost like paralysis. This would give your team mates a couple second window to get a flashlight save in or set up a body block train.