The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why bamboozle is an outdated perk and needs a nerf.

azame
azame Member Posts: 2,870
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I dont think bamboozle is op but I want to clarify on some maps its really strong and it's not on other maps. That's all I as trying to say. I dont necessarily think it needs nerfs maybe a change to make it more consistent. It gets neutered on suffocation pit.

Post edited by azame on

Comments

• azame

Did you not read the post. Due to map reworks there are no tiles to run to. Also with how theh are designing maps now there are barely any filler pallets to run to as well and usually they are down in 10-15 seconds anyways.

• azame

Ever hear of bamboozle bubba/billy. Any killer really can get a free hit with this easy perk.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I mean, if your at a L and T wall they most likely can.

• azame

Because on maps like reworked Thompson house you physically can not counter it. That map has been neutered. The map is heavily rng based it can either have some insane filler pallet spawns into jungle gyms or utter trash. It lacks tiles therefore bamboozle can force the 2 jungle gyms down very quickly leaving you nothing else to loop.

• azame

No at a jungle gym the pallet is down or you are getting a hit. Jungle gyms are quite litterally the best tiles to run outside of shack and other mainbuldings. I would be fine with this if there were actually tilrs to run to.

• azame

The perk is fine when you can skillfully chain tiles to prevent the killer from instant vaulting and having that hard crutch. It's cool that it's a strong perk but the devs have remade maps to not counter it. Also what do I do when there is no pallets? Just like deadhard its litterally press space to outplay.

• azame

The perk is hard crutched on. It doesnt make you better at mindgames. 8 seconds would make the perk actually skillful.

• azame

Yeah a deadzone is a deadzone. It's not like we could prevent it because the lake takes no skill and makes killers brainless and very predictable. Even with that fact in mind yky cant do anything if there arent windows to chain. Bamboozle cant block multiple windows that's why multiple tiles counter it.

• azame

It isnt perfected but it either needs to be nerfed or they need to give survivors tiles to actually use.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

I don't even think Bamboozle is even good perk currently. Even on the best user, Leatherface, I would much rather perks to help me find survivors or delay gens as I didn't run into that many situations where I felt the perk was getting me a down. Good survivors simply run to a different tile and Bamboozle doesn't really do anything if there's more than 1 window near each other.

I also never see killers run this perk when I do player survivor either. Likely most realized the situations where the perk is does something are far less common than the perk doing nothing.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

If a killer is running it, and you’re not expecting it, it can suck, sure (at some spots at least). However, you can use that against them. A lot of people that ran bamboozle get trap happy. Know this and use it to your advantage instead

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

So let's Play Devils advocate here and reverse everything.

What's skillful of a survivor just jumping a window and getting a "free" escape? What if there is another tile a survivor can run to? What if the window is unmind game able? Actually I think there's only 1 or 2 windows in this game that are mindgamable. The rest are either super unsafe (aka the killer can just lunge and hit) or super safe.

I don't really care if they nerf or not. Killers barely use it and even when they do I haven't noticed too much of an effect on me. I'm even sure why killers care that much. It's not like they really use it, though I don't really get why anyone cares. If it becomes an unbalanced thing the devs will get to it.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I Seriously don't know what you mean with reworked maps. I still see it possible to chain tiles also on Thompson House. I would only see a problem on Shelter Woods and that map hasn't even been reworked yet. Maybe post a video where you have problems or get easy downs using Bamboozle where you think there was simply no play possible

• azame

There are no windows to chain on Thompson house I should of clarified. If you cant chain windows bamboozle is a free down. When the pallets are gone(the perk forces early early pallet drops) you are dead.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Bold of you to talk about skill when your argument is "I can't recognize bamboozle in time and get to another winow or pallet by the time they do the animation and start chasing again"

Does bamboozle even actually work right now? it's had bugs multiple times where the blockers it created didn't actually block anything.

• Ryuhi

...good? Part of why time management is such an issue in the game is because of how many second chances survivors can use to extend chases, especially if they are safe at a loop. Something that makes survivors have to choice between being safe and being optimal is a good thing. It literally adds a layer of risk reward to an otherwise sterilized encounter.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It works, I was using it just the other day.

It definitely doesn't need a nerf, though, it's firmly in the "I guess this perk is ok?" category.

• Ryuhi

well thats good. I hope it continues to function and doesnt break yet again.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Bamboozle is worthless on too many maps for it to be nerfed.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I don't see a problem with it. It isn't a perk that is used very often and in most scenarios the next safe loop is right around the corner. If anything, it makes the game a little bit more spicy.

• azame

Never said I cant recognize bamboozle my whole problem Is there is nothing to storm with when it's in play.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

the perk is fine, there are still jungle gyms, cow loops, shack, shack to cow loop, cow loop to jungle there are still many disfgusting loops and especially combinations, bamboozle is fine and i dont even use it, just drop the pallet instead of vaulting the same windows 3 times, is not like 3 gens wouldnt fly after 2 minutes of chase without many gen slowdown perks anyway.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Honestly, bamboozle is a badly designed perk, but it doesn't ever need a nerf, it's way too weak to justify a nerf.

Also, Thompsons house is still a ridiculously survivor sided map with the amount of jungle gym and long wall tiles you can chain together, if you get the right rng.

• Terro

Wait how does the perk force early early pallet drops? You just loop and drop pallets normally. Are you trying to say because you can't loop that window 3 times now you have to loop around the pallets thus forcing you to drop them earlier? But then you're essentially saying the perk was always broken cuz that's how the perk works.

Now that I think of it... If there's absolutely no tiles to run to and there's only that window you're kinda screwed no matter what. Bamboozle will save like 15 seconds max for the killer cuz as you said there's nowhere else for you to run.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Bamboozle doesn't really need a nerf, but it's also not a healthy perk because it forces hold-W. Maybe a full-on rework of some kind, increasing the killers vault speed like it currently does but forcing a survivor to medium vault it the next time they vault.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    edited October 2020

The window blocking mechanic just needs a complete overhaul if you ask me. Maybe make it so the killer also cannot vault blocked windows or survivors and killers are forced to vault a blocked window slower. I think it’s just a one sided mechanic that doesn’t leave much room for creativity while remaining fun and interactive for both sides.

My proposal is to make it so both killers and survivors cannot vault blocked windows and increase the sound effect of the window being blocked by the entity so the survivor is more aware of the situation and can react accordingly. Then I’d remove the limitation of 1 blocked window for Bamboozle so that it’s not just a net nerf.

Now that killers also can’t vault blocked windows you could possibly add a new survivor perk that blocks windows when you vault them (would need to be an exhaustion perk or have a hefty Cooldown) with the requirement being a medium vault. That way you have to risk getting hit at the vault to block it off as a survivor.

• Terro

I think you might as well just remove everything and make the killer vault 0.1 seconds faster than medium vaulting at that point. That way there's still more of a chance and those that can consistently fast vault are rewarded.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

Bamboozle is fine. It's only good in 1v1 situations.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Just leave the loop?

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Please survivors have tiles to actually use, play ormond and tell me about the lack of tiles.

Also bamboozle isn't a free hit either.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

You really didn't put much thought into this, bamboozle is good for game, strong window on a map, use bamboozle, character doesn't have enough anti loop potential in chase bamboozle. Bamboozle is a means to an end a perk that gives killers a decent chase ability and lets the devs keep slightly stronger but not op windows in the game without feeling as bad as if there was no window blocking perk or something to help killers who don't have a power to play around it not feel helpless in those situations.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Perhaps make Bamboozle a Hex?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Not a big fan of Bamboozle, because it was desigend for problematic windows, but gets its use on Windows which should not be required to be blocked. But I also think that if a Killer runs Bamboozle, they are overall worse at Chasing, so I mostly dont mind it that much (because the Killers in question seem to rely on Bamboozle instead of learning how to run Tiles).

What I wish for is that the notification is louder. They reduced the Range where you hear it, but that makes it impossible to hear quite often. And I dont know why they did it, because it was not in any need of a buff.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Sounds to me that your map knowledge isn't that up to snuff.

Try windows of oppertunity if you have trouble finding other loops if you are forced to leave one cause of bamboozle. Not condecending, I'm death serious that perk is so underrated

And ofcourse it will happen you sometimes you won't find something. The entire point of that perk is to get a couple of free hits in. And a couple of free hits barrely is worth a perk slot

Also if it should get nerfed then your nerf is terrible and shows you really don't know how tiles work

A 8 second block would expire by the time the survivor would get back to it. You can't be "more skillfull" with a perk that doesn't work

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

It's super annoying yea, but it doesn't need a nerf.

I don't know why your saying that maps no longer have chained tiles, thompson house still has a possibility of chained tiles and the new reworked maps macmillan still have filler pallets that are 100% safe and have no vaults. Badham is probably the 3rd or 2nd most survivor sided map(s) in the game due to the absolute absurd loops and buildings.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Thompson House? As in the map with a giant corn field survivors can disappear into, with a variety of T Walls, jungle gyms, and harvesters surrounding it? You almost always have a tile to W to when the killer vaults, aside form the gaps between the house and the jungle gyms.

Bamboozle doesn't need a nerf, because it's a mediocre perk. Most times, survivors simply need to head to the next tile, making it useless. Are there outlier situations where they can't? Sure. But nine times out of ten, that isn't the case.

• azame

Thompson house has 4 structures guaranteed. They removed 2 and didnt have them replaced with filler pallets. Lothernthan the 2 pallets at house, the 2 jungle gyms and shack the map is entirely rng up until that point. It isnt a "variety" by any means. You also said it yourself there are gaps. These gaps can be closed quickly with a 115 killer with atleast blood lust 1.

• azame

No with bamboozle you need multiple windows there are already a set amount of jungle gyms on a few maps. Like torment creek a guarenteed 2 jungle gyms. Tha tf s not random. However due to how they are putting so much space you cant chain the windows and counter bamboozle.

• azame

Never said all maps I was using Thompson house because itd pretty killer sided at this point. Did you say filler pallets that have no vaults? Weird wording but I think I understand maybe. Badham is filled to the brim with unsafe pallets. The main building got neutered. House of pain Is a gamble.

Alot of these maps have absurd space in between the loops filler pallets can be down within 10-15 seconds. So they are going down quickly.

• azame

Nobody in a talking about an objectively broken map. Bamboozle is a free hit.

• azame

I can find pallets just find I'm talking about the absurd distance between everything. Well atleast jungle gyms on some of the reworked maps.