Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Convince me with the strongest arguments that undying + ruin needs a nerf.

2»

Comments

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I am not sure if it needs a nerf or not. I run Tapp in a swf so we can get totems pretty regularly.

I think it depends on the killer using this build.

I recently unlocked it, and tried the old Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer build on Spirit. I haven't lost a game with this build, albeit, I don't lose a lot with Spirit to begin with.

But I was curious to how powerful it would be on my Sweaty Spirit Build. It's pretty nasty.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

It exasperates the gen rush meta. It's a bandaid for a problem that is just going to be continued to be ignored.

Games with Ruin last longer. Fact. Chases flow much better and eliminates the need to stop and kick a gen.

Games without it go fast. Fact. Without a stop gap to prevent gens from progressing further when initiating a chase, it's just a constant uphill battle of chasing away survivors only to have them pick up where they left off.

They need to make baseline changes to gen interaction before they make any additional changes to it. So it both should, and shouldn't be changed.

• Darkstride
    Darkstride Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2020

If it didn't have that effect, then it would literally do nothing on its own. Not that people actually use it by itself, but I think that would make it the only perk in the game that can't be slotted by itself.