The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How is Ormand even remotely okay?

Number_5
Number_5 Member Posts: 7
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I just had a match playing Blight, and its really hard to get around the map with him if every "Obstacle" he can bounce off of makes him straight up slide off of it. I can slightly understand the snow piles, but there's this sign right outside of the main building that's completely flat and 100% reasonable to bounce on, but you instead slide along it, even when hitting it dead on. Not even from an angle, just straight on.

Another thing is the invisible sky hitboxes for the main building. There are multiple spots up top where if you were any killer with mobility, your speed will be stopped by them. It shuts down a lot of cool plays you could do as Billy or Demo, and its a real damn shame too.

Let's also talk about the loops, and the general spacing of the loops. I've notice a trend in some maps that make them "Sided" or "Balanced". Dead Dawg Saloon is a pretty all rounded map because most of the pallets and building spawns are consistent. The killer shack, saloon, hanging station, buildings, and windmills are all in the same spot each time you load in, and there are consistent pallet spawns with each of the tiles. the hangman has the one pallet adjacent with it, and the same with the saloon. Ormand is consistently inconsistent with the tiles it throws out, and some loops that just don't show up anywhere but the Yamaoka maps are bountiful, and also incredibly safe. I can't describe it accurately but its the tile with the long wall with a window, junk in the middle, and the other side has a pallet that is the same direction. As much as I know, there isn't really a proper way to run it as killer. Now I'm not saying that those sort of tiles should be removed, far from it, survivors need amazing loops for their teams, but on Ormand, it shows up way too damn much, and there's often another loop next to it.

Personally, I believe if you want to make the game truly "Fair" instead of balancing perks, focus on the maps, since they play a huge role with all of it. After all, you can't play a match if maps don't exist.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments