Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

LEFT 4 DEAD STYLE GAME MODE

I know you guys are working on new game modes and while watching the new trailer for COD 4 I kind of had the idea of what a dead by daylight game mode would be with survivors with guns.

I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. The idea doesn't seem so crazy since now you all have a shooter game out. I was thinking of a campaign style linear map where the survivors have to make it trough the map by unlocking doors by completing generators possibly trying to escape a mansion from the inside similar to resident evil bio hazard 7, or having a liner style map with 3 door blocking path to escape. All the same perks would be available as they are.

The survivors would have guns to kill the killer if the killer is spotted however the killer has an unlimited number of lives, can spawn themselves almost anywhere, and little to no heartbeat, can summon other zombie/or decoys and can mori the survivor at first point of contact. The decoys and zombies the killer can summon will injure and down survivors but the real player controlled killer can mori at first touch.

I think this new game mode with let DBD compete with the new COD coming out and other fps coming out this winter or draw some player base from other FPS games.

Comments

• aras1377
    aras1377 Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2018

why would you play this game in that style , just do your self a favoer and play L4D in the first place , besides its no gonna happen because the game has its own unique style and gamemode

• Luccimane1
    Luccimane1 Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2018

No I used left for dead as an example obviously they would alter it in their own way buddy. You ever go to school and write a paper and use references well thats what I did Im not saying make left for dead in DBD

• Luccimane1
    edited September 2018

Have a shred of creativity/imagination

• Luccimane1
    edited September 2018

At least they could have a game mode where the goal is to escape a large mansion "like scooby doo style" where they are locked in the center of the mansion and have to get out. (not saying make scooby doo in the the game just using that as a reference point since you take things literally and have no imagination)

• aras1377

your idea is good but you know just like devs told me " they cant always add everything thats asked for" , because its not easy to lisence ordevelop it its gonna take hard work , but yeah ,you're right another gamemode is good for this game ,this is what most of the people wants , they could add a gamemode that survivors goal is to find a gun thats hidden in the map and kill the bastard who's tryna kill'em, a gamemode just like generators but with this diffirents thats survivors dont need to escape they just need to do find some clue (like the game white noise 2) to destroy the killer , its good to see that you care about the game and that why you share your idea's with us dont feel shame about it ;)

• Luccimane1

@aras1377 why would they have to license a game mode they created from scratch?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I'll tell it to you straight, there is almost no chance of this making it into the game. The devs have a lore and story they've committed to and there's no way the Entity would arm the survivors. The killers don't have hope so the Entity needs the killers to sacrifice survivors so it can get some. The Killers will always have the advantage of being able to attack and kill over survivors. The day that changes is the day this game will begin to die.

• aras1377

@Luccimane1 , its just not easy to just copy \paste some other peoples stuff, like this one , i dont know ,the law is the law , even if the dont need to license that , they wont bring a such gamemode to this game , we know why , because its gonna have a lots of bad feedbacks to the devs , and fans will not really appriciate this gamemode because its gonna be boring for them or at least its gonna get boring for them after a while, this kinda gamemode wont be really horror to make you scared this is one of the reasons its not gonna happen , besides , for now devs are focusing on bug fixes and future updates , i think the game still needs more contents like :

-first of all bugfixes

-balancing the game or atleast adding a sandbox mode (server setup wih alots of options to play the game depending on how good we are at this game and if we're a rookie we can setup the game easier to play)

-adding a gamemodes (for example white noise 2 gamemode was good and it could be fun for this game )

-adding a lan multiplayer without internet or that freakin EAC wich is really annoying , and seriously this is one of my desires and i'm dying to play the game on lan in the same room with my friend

-after they're done with doing this stuff , then they should think about adding new features and contents for the game , for example we have enough maps and killers & survivors to play the game for now and have fun whats really blocking us from playing the game and have fun is all of this things i said

I'd say if we want to ask the devs to add somthing in the game they should be logical and we should have a good reason for that and they should be able to add it to the game

• Luccimane1

@Peasant Thats why I am proposing it be a temporary game mode(as they do in fortnite). The game has already broken their lore with arming the survivors when they put axes in every locker in the game. It breaks the logic of them not being able to fight back in a more aggressive way. Why the survivors cant just turn around and use the same axes the huntress grabs from the lockers we will never know.

• Luccimane1
    edited September 2018

@aras1377 Im no longer responding to you because I have already told you 3 times I was not asking them to put others content in the game was just using the names for reference points. (ACTUALLY READ MY RESPONSES)

• aras1377
    edited September 2018

@Lucciane Fine , but note that you ask me "why would they have to license a game mode they created from scratch? " , and i simply answered your question , by the way, i read what you said and i know exactly what you mean , but i'm not talking about what you meant , i'm talking about the fact " why they're not going to make this gamemode for the game " ,they actually dont need to license the gamemode to add it to the game , they could just add it to the game , but seriously lets talk straight , this kinda gamemode will be lame for the game like dead by daylight and players wont appriciate it