Undying Rework Proposition

We all know that a lot of people are really not liking the current Undying especially(or only actually) when paired with Hex Ruin. I'm not one of them, however I think I did come up with an idea for Hex: Undying rework that will make it more fair when combined with Ruin and much more viable with other Hex perks.

Here is my suggestion:

Hex: Undying: A Hex which maintains the vile powers that flow throughout the Trial.

While Hex: Undying is active, Survivors within 2 metres of any Totem have their Aura revealed for 4/5/6 seconds.

When another Hex Totem is cleansed, that hex is put in Hex: Undying's totem, replacing it and disabling its power for the rest of the match but the cleansed totem keeps all its current tokens if it had any.

These changes would mean that Hex: Undying would be consistent, making it always respawn only one other Hex and have value in builds that use Hex perks that rely on tokens. So in any given match both the killer and the survivors will know exactly what they can expect from the perks. This will keep Undying's passive aura reading while its in its "passive" mode and will disable it's aura reading once the cleansed Hex was relocated to the Undying's spot preserving its tokens.

Comments

• Shackle
    Shackle Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2020

But it's a hex perk that relies on other hex perks while simultaneously not working with 90% of them. It needs to preserve the stacks but it can't do that it its current form as it would be too much.

Edit: If anything I just want Undying to be viable with other Hex perks like Devour Hope or even stupid crap like Huntress Lullaby.

• MaxFiGuy
    MaxFiGuy Member Posts: 56

I think Hex: Undying is mostly fine. The part of the perk I do not like is the aura reading abilities. I do like the idea of having a hex perk that can sustain other hex perks as Hex: Undying currently does. I do not like how it also provides the killer aura reading abilities to monitor their totems. I think that the aura reading ability that Hex: Undying has should be moved onto the hex perk that was made to monitor hex totems, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. I also think that the aura reading ability should only activate if a survivor begins cleansing a totem. I think that because having the survivor's aura be revealed by just being near the totem gives the killer information of the survivors location without the survivor actively harming the totem. The radial activation of the aura reading gives the killer information of survivor locations without the survivor taking a implicant action to cause their aura to be revealed. With perks such as I'm All Ears and Territorial Imperative, the survivor has to vault or enter a specific location. As the aura reading ability works now, survivors can be revealed by passing by a totem while traversing across the map or while being chased around a loop.

I only put this much thought into this perk because of the upward trend of Hex: Undying and Hex: Ruin being used together. If the developers end up reworking the Blight's perk, I hope that they can at least improve an older perk, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, that has a similar purpose of Hex: Undying. They both have been used to protect killers' totems.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Undying is fine. Just remove the aura reading on dull totems. It's unnecessary and having a counter built in to your own perks counterplay is a weird design feature.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

The current version of Pre-nerf Undying is fine but this nerfed version forces Killer players to play a completely different way.

• Shackle
    Shackle Member Posts: 7

How does the changed undying change how you play killer in a "completely different way". Undying was supposed to protect your Hex totems but that aspect was not only random but also did not work with Hex perks that use stacks. New Undying is not only consistent but now also works will all Hex perks in the game. While it is a straight up nerf to Undying+Ruin it opens a lot of opportunities for other perk combinations which is super healthy for the game. The loss of aura vision on lit totems is a bummer but also understandable considering it took over the role of Thrill of The Hunt and mind that Im a killer main so its not some survivor main hating on Undying I just think the new version is much much better.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

(I worded my original post badly)

I didn't mean Undying it's self will force people to play in a different way. When Undying gets nerfed, Hex: Ruin will lose its value again and more killer players will have builds that are based around slugging and NOED will be on the rise again. Sure the change will help other Hex: Perks become better but let's be real, who the hell seriously uses Devour Hope for the ability to kill Survivors after 5-7 unhooks 24m away and Third Seal for the Blindness or even Lullaby for the difficult skill checks.

Not to mention Ruin+Undying reignited the discussion of Totems being a secondary objective. Sure Thrill of the Hunt was meant to be Undying but the problem was the design of it was outdated.