If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Dead By Daylight Friend-System Broken (Can't reject Friend Requests)

Options
Fox1010
Fox1010 Member Posts: 43
edited November 2020 in Bug Reporting

Hello!

I did a report a long time ago, I don't know if it has led or not to the changements I observed.

The main problem was that friends I removed from Steam were not also removed from the Friends In-game list. I mean they were removed, but I could see them at the Friend Requests section which was annoying. I was not able to decline the friend request. If I had checked the box "Automatically Decline Incoming Friend Requests", I had closed the game and had reopened it, I would have found the box unchecked and that request back.

The changement is that now, after some updates, that box remains checked if you check it, which is good. But the friend request still comes in. Some of them from friends I had on Steam disappeared because they entered the game, but some of them didn't launch the game and the request will never disappear. This is what I thought when I saw this (the 2 screenshots), while clicking on a request from a Console player. The request from that Steam friend has no decline button, and this means that person must open the game and it will disappear as the other requests did.

Platform : Steam (PC)

I tried everything :

• revoking consent and after that accepting it - I don't know how it could have helped but I tried;
  • deleting Steam user data;
  • unchecking the cross-play box and checking it back again;

Thank you for your time!

Post edited by Fox1010 on
26 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• vishvajit1994
    vishvajit1994 Member Posts: 5
    Options

mine also these problem after behaviour account link

• magicturtle911
    magicturtle911 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Im having the same problem, but when i send a friend request through the DBD friends list, my Steam friends will show back up. The cross-platform friends are still gone.

• Fox1010
    Options

Yeah, me too. They disappear if I check that box and if I send a friend request to a console player, they will come back. They really need to fix this.

• xemicus
    xemicus Member Posts: 2
    Options

Also experiencing this problem post linking Steam and Behaviour accounts. Really bummed. Any updates from Support or Devs? Thanks!!!!

• amoroso10
    amoroso10 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Me too, i'm having the same problem, somebody was answered? The Behaviour account linked with Steam Account broke my game, changed my id number (#) and i cannot add again my friends from others plataforms.

• Fox1010
    Options

Me, I am having this problem before account link was introduced, so there's a problem with the in-game friend-system. I hope they'll fix this.

• Fox1010
    Options

Has anyone found a solution ?

• CaptainOatsTV
    CaptainOatsTV Member Posts: 21
    Options

I've had the issue since day 1 of linking the account, they've yet to acknowledge the issue publicly or provide an update and we are over a week now if not more. Everyone who unlinks their account loses everything, and I'm unsure if unlinking even fixes the cross platform issues. The facts are that losing everything I am sure is temporary and BHVR will refund us all what we have. But does unlinking actually allow cross play again or does it break the game further.

I can be patient to get my AC,Shards and BP back. However, not being able to play with friends is harder for me.

• ds86
    ds86 Member Posts: 3
    Options

This bug is actually game-breaking in the sense that you cannot play with your friends, which makes the game worthless for some since a lot of players don't even bother solo-queuing. I've had this issue since account linking with Steam was even an option and have opted to not even play the game on my own Steam account until this is fixed. Typical BHVR having insane bugs with anything matchmaking related.

• Fox1010
    Options

I am not using the account link and I still have problems with the In-Game Friend System. I cannot reject friends I had on Steam. So there is no problem with the account link, the problems is the Friend System itself.

• Fox1010
    Options

Anything new ?

• DerpyTreeStump
    DerpyTreeStump Member Posts: 8
    Options

Nothing dude had this problem as soon as linking came out and all we heard is some of these posts are acknowledged and nothing more. Only way to get around it is hope a pc friend isn't linked and he can invite console people. It's what I've been doing and it is as painful as it sounds waiting for 1 person to play with people you already could have played 5 games.

You can always unlink but from what I've seen people aren't getting any response on getting they cells back. It feels like they are just ignoring the issue currently for the events they were doing on twitch

• Fox1010
    Options

I'm sorry to hear there are other problems because of account linking.

In this topic I was talking about not being able to reject friend requests from friends that were in the Steam friend list. This has happened before the account link.

I hope they'll fix all of these problems.

• Fox1010
    Options

Any updates ?

• Atomask
    Atomask Member Posts: 4
    Options

Been a month now, losing faith with the lack of communication, any updates at all?

• Fox1010
    edited November 2020
    Options

No updates.. But a lot of people are complaining about this problem. They will fix it one day, because another problem is that players that have linked their account can't add friends anymore which is more terrifying than not being able to reject friend requests.

• fo_shiz
    fo_shiz Member Posts: 21
    Options

Zero communication from BHVR.

• Fox1010
    Options

My hope is still alive.

• Atomask
    Atomask Member Posts: 4
    Options

I just want to play with my friends.

• Fox1010
    Options

I just want to be able to reject incoming friend requests from friends I removed from Steam.

I am starting to lose my hope every day passes..

• Fox1010
    Options

A lot of updates came and none of them solved this issue. Hello ?

• Fox1010
    Options

Anyone ?

• 7bc
    7bc Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue, anyone figure out a fix its kind of annoying..

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,080
    Options

Same issue on ps4. I even tried blocking the players on ps4 to see if that'd remove the name from the friend requests but still there.

• Wasabi
    Wasabi Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2021
    Options

Send a ticket with proofs like I am doing, it's the only way

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Fox1010
    edited May 2021
    Options

What did you enter : the player cloud ID or the Steam ID ?

Also what type of problem did you choose ? (Graphics issue, bug, technical issue etc.)

Tell me if your problem got solved so that I will send a request too.

Post edited by Fox1010 on
  • Wasabi
    Options
  • Fox1010
    Options

Forgot to ask you something.

After the endgame chat closes itself saying "Host Disconnected", do you get kicked to the main screen saying an internet connection is required then you press a key and it's like you enter the game first time ? I mean, normally, you should be sent to the survivor side after hitting "Continue" in the "Host Closed Connection" message, but in my case, I get sent to the main screen. Is it the same for you ?

• Wasabi
    Options

This does not happen to me but tell to the Technical Support, they will need all our help to fix the problem.

• Fox1010
    Options

Hey, was your problem solved after sending that ticket ? (the friend request problem)

• Wasabi
    edited July 2021
    Options

The ball has been passed to the technicians. I do not know anything else.

• Fox1010
    edited July 2021
    Options

Oh, so they told you their technicians will solve it and you still have those pending friend requests. I won't report the problem now that I know it will remain unsolved. Thx for the response.

• Kyoshiro
    Kyoshiro Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2021
    Options

I have the same problem as you, your problem after reporting has been solved by them?

• Fox1010
    Options

I did not report the problem to them. I would be happy if a mod would came in this discussion and tell us if we should contact their support team. I don't know if they are able to fix it and I don't want to write them if there's no solution. Maybe they can fix it for each player who reports the problem to them ?

Would you like to report the problem and tell me if it's been solved ?

To clarify things, we talk about removed Steam friends that end up as incoming in-game friend requests until they enter the game again. (because some people came here and just talked about not being able to add someone at the friends list - an old different issue when you link your Dbd account, which has been solved I think).

• Kyoshiro
    Options

I tried asking them but it seems to be still there, no progress at all. I'm also waiting for the person I sent the friend request to to debug in DBD. If they accept my request maybe the error will go away but not because now they have not responded to me about accepting the friend request.

The developer just said something like I will send your report to the development team to fix the bug. Or something like that try "Please try to enable the "Auto Decline Friend Requests" setting in the options menu and see if that would fix the issue for you."

• ArthurMorganOP
    ArthurMorganOP Member Posts: 4
    Options

I've had this bug for months now. Is there a fix yet?

• Kyoshiro
    Options

I heard that if you send a friend request back to them, the error will be fixed. Not very possible but give it a try.

• Kyoshiro
    Options

Honestly, has anyone contacted Steam yet? This is misinterpreted by Dead By Daylight's system of making friends I think has something to do with Steam's friend system.

• Wasabi
    Options
  • HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 356
    Options

I also have a ton of pending old friend requests that I cannot reject or delete or remove in any way.

• Kyoshiro
    edited August 2021
    Options

How to cancel sending invitations in Pending Invites?

I tried unlinking Behaviour account, and it lost all progress The Rift, Tome, Level Survivor/Killer, Player Levels, etc...

Now what do I have to do to get my account linked again to do Tome with The Rift...

• Kyoshiro
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hello, I don't know what happened to my account, after I unlink, as you know it lost all data but the data about friends in Requests is still there, so today I can't Believe it or not, after 1 week I tried to block 1 of 2 friends (pending and friend requests) in Requests and combine with Auto Decline Friend Requests every time I log in (turn off and on or vice versa). I got Sync Error 3 times today, I checked my friends list and saw that Pending Invites and Friend Requests have disappeared. I suspect it may be because of a sync error that those friends disappear on their own or they don't. But you can try. Well, before that, I sent a request to the developer about the loss of all items, tome, rift and they compensated me for tens of millions of Bloodpoints and also about 2 months ago I complained to them about the friends in the Requests section. You can send them votes in conjunction with the things I do. Good luck.

Be careful if you want to unlink. After unlinking, the ID numbers have been changed, I do not encourage you to unlink if you are already linked (Unlink is not related to this case, maybe due to a sync error it has disappeared by itself).

• Wasabi
    edited December 2021
    Options

The problem is gone for me. Maybe it's because I contacted Steam reporting the Steam profiles I couldn't get to disappear from the in-game "Friend requests".

• Wasabi
    Options

@Fox1010 Do you still have this problem or should I consider myself lucky?

• Fox1010
    Options

The problem was fixed a long time ago with an update. Sorry, I haven't logged in for a while :))

Thanks.