If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Spirit's breathing/moaning can be heard during phase walk.

Options
Saikarie
Saikarie Member Posts: 4
edited October 2020 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PlayStation

This is from the survivor side, as I was playing as Nea. I just played a match with a spirit and I noticed that I could hear her normal breathing/voice when she was in the middle of a phase walk. At first I thought I was mistaken but sure enough two more phase walks and I can still clearly hear her both times.

I'm hoping this is a one off or limited to one platform at least because if this is widespread it really ruins the gameplay for spirits since in my instance I could easily dodge her just by listening to how close she was. Also if anyone else can let me know if they've experienced it too that would be great so I don't feel insane lol.

If I play against another Spirit and it happens again I'll make sure to put a video here to help out.

Post edited by Saikarie on
21 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    Options

This actually means sound is finally working for her again; you're supposed to hear her footsteps and breathing, but most patches it's not present because of sound bugs.

• Saikarie
    Saikarie Member Posts: 4
    Options

Ahhh I'm not too sure we're supposed to hear what I'm hearing though. This isn't to disagree with you but more that I'm having trouble wording or describing what I'm hearing.

The sounds I'm hearing in phase walk are like the moaning/breathing sounds? The best way to explain is the voice/sounds of her when she is on the main menu is what I could hear during the phase walk. Sorry for confusing you, I just didn't know how to describe it well ^^;

• Khaoswolf94
    Khaoswolf94 Member Posts: 13
    Options

It literally says in the tips during loading to fake phasing by standing still. You can't say there isn't any counterplay because Iron Will even against stridor is still quite good, and the best one.. You can't lie to spine chills. If they fake phasing just walk away and make them look dumb.

The "No Counterplay" Myth has been debunked many times in the last couple years. This is getting to a point of derangement. It can be said about any killer. (Billy's chainsaw, Myers instant down, pyramids magic Hooks, spirits phase walk, wraiths invisible body block, etc.) let's get down to the bottom line.

This is obviously not supposed to work this way. If it was devs wouldn't suggest the fake phasing in the tips section. Spirits Been through heavy nerfs already. Now it's at a point where people would rather see her broken then functioning because of hate. It's like killers aren't even allowed to hit you without the overwhelming majority of survivors screaming for a nerf. While we killer mains are left in the minority with nerf after nerf. Epitomy of entitlement. It's a vocal majority because, by design there has to be 4x more survivors, then killers.

Bottom line, if it's broken Just fix it. Otherwise this is the last straw and imma really give survivors something to complain about.

• GenericMax
    GenericMax Member Posts: 3
    Options

I think it is a bug. The Wiki mentions a sound being heard, but I do not think it is supposed to be the moaning. It should be like a small whoosh to warn you she is near, not breathing or steps or moaning. And as said before, if this was intended, the devs wouldn't suggest faking. I do hope it is patched soon, as I just got spirit and she isn't that fun right now.

• PointlessGamer
    PointlessGamer Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah I just vs a game with spirit and you can defo hear her she is so loud too

• Insanity
    Insanity Member Posts: 23
    Options

PC player here. Playing a round against the Spirit, I noticed her noise being bugged when phasing as well. She was very clearly phasing, as she wasn't moving and I could hear her as if she were simply walking around me outside of her phase walk ability, then she pops up somewhere else (due to the phase-walking). This is a horrible bug for her, because as stated previously this definitely takes away from her mind-gaming ability. An experienced survivor could 100% use this to their advantage, because they'd know when she's near on pallet loops, etc. more so than they would simply hearing that airy 'whoosh' noise that's usually made when she's phasing, so you can't really mind-game them and whack 'em at a loop. I really do hope this gets fixed.

• Khaoswolf94
    Options

This is a terrible bug. If this stays then what's the point of even being invisible if you know where she is. It's the same old excuse.

Oh Spirit is Invisible - There's no counterplay.

Oh Freddy teleports to gens - there's no counterplay

Oh legion can vault windows and pallets - There's no counterplay

Oh Billy and Bubba can one shot you - There's no counterplay

Wraith goes invisible?! - There's no counterplay!

KiLlErS hAvE pOwErS - tHeReS nO cOuNtErPlAy!!!11!!!1!

This is nothing short of disgusting. How it's always people who don't play killer to nerf them because they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. But when a survivor is at the receiving end of the nerf all chaos breaks loose.

It's all fine and dandy as long as you're ruining our (Spirit Mains) fun. Because if they nerf a survivor you van just switch to another one with the same perks. No big deal. Killers being nerfed hits us different.

I don't play spirit because people think she's OP. I play her because I like Ghosts. I like her Theme, her Character. Stop being such selfish crybabies. Your not entitled to escape every single match. It's a 4v1 odds are at least one of you aren't going to make it against any decent killer. Then you cry for a nerf on the forums. It's sick.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

You are completely oblivious to survivors survivors complaints about spirit. Also just because you have the same info doesnt mean you can do anything. Shes still faster than you and can still track you

• UsernamePending
    UsernamePending Member Posts: 1
    Options

If it was to be a nerf then it shouldn’t be snuck under like a shadow nerf, besides spine chill and iron can keep her guessing because half the time the iron will bug causes no sound to come from injured survivors so all you do is walk away.

• Khaoswolf94
    Options

Exactly, some people don't WANT to believe she has counterplay. They'll never be satisfied with any answer regardless of how legitimate the strategy is. Their only argument is "Your dumb, stupid, and oblivious" then proceeding to complain some more without actually addressing why xyz counter isn't viable.

But ohhh boy if you touch their precious Decisive strike, they get upset. Anyone else remember that bug and how many people wanted it to stay? But now the shoes on the other foot, and they do exactly the same thing they cried about last year. This community in majority is disgusting.