If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Hex: Undying not respawning Hex: Haunted Grounds?

Options
AGM
AGM Member Posts: 806

Platform: PC

Steps to reproduce: Just use Undying and Haunted Grounds. After Haunted Grounds is cleansed, no new totems become lit/visible. Playing as Pyramid Head on multiple different maps. It seems to fail to respawn every game. Maybe I just missed them being cleansed but I don't believe any dull totems had been cleansed at the times Haunted Grounds went off.

Pls fix. Thanks!

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2020
    Options

It's not a bug, it's meant to work this way.

Edit: I'm being wrong here.

Post edited by TripleSteal on
  • Kpolupo
    Kpolupo Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2020
    Options

It IS a bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcR4i3_IAk

If Hex: Undying is present in the Trial and there are uncleansed Dull Totems left, in the case of a Survivor cleansing either of the two Hex: Haunted Ground Totems, the unbroken Totem will remain lit while Hex: Undying will relight one of the remaining Dull Totems with the second Hex: Haunted Ground Totem.

• In an ideal scenario, in which Survivors happen to not cleanse Dull Totems and only manage to cleanse either of the Hex: Haunted Ground Totems instead of Hex: Undying, it is possible to get up to 3 uses out of Hex: Haunted Ground.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Hex:_Haunted_Ground

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 425
    edited October 2020
    Options

Ran a test in a custom game and Haunted Grounds + Undying does still work, chances are your 2 unlit totems are getting cleansed before Haunted Grounds is, since Haunted Grounds requires 2 unlit totems to reset after it's time period of being active, which can also be prevented from respawning if Undying is broken during it.

As for in a public game test, there's only 1 way to track it and that's bringing Thrill Of The Hunt, however you would need haunted grounds to get broken first for a proper confirmation and those odd's are not great.

Edit: There's also a recurring Totem bug, so i wouldn't rule it out being bugged, but again it's hard to tell.

2nd Edit: It bugged in custom game.

I would like to know when it's been said to work like this, it's baffling to think there's an exception for one perk, when it cover's all perk's of that type, would be a thing. You would have to class the perk as something over than a Hex at that point.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2020
    Options

I looked through patch notes and some wiki/forum stuff, and turns out I'm wrong.

I was pretty sure I read a couple of threads during blight's PTB about haunted grounds mechanics being different to other perks (enabling the perk disables all the active totems regardless of their current quantity), this leading to undying not working for the perk in question. Considering I can't find anything regarding the matter right now, it's safe to say those are phantom memories.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

Thanks for testing and confirming it, I wasn't sure if I was going crazy or missed totems being cleansed.