The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

nerf this pls

excuse me, ######### is this?

it should have look like this
thanks for attention

stopthegenrush

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Gen rush is basically all survivor SPREAD OUT and do gens SEPERATE.
    Because the killer can only interrupt one survivor at a time and survivor just need to follow a simple pattern:
    Just take turns, anybody who is not chased is doing gens, healing is done by Self Care, only do save unhooks.
    So you have 3 survivor doing objectives all the time, while one is wasting time looping.
    Avoid diminishing returns in gen repair by doing gens separate until you need to push through the last one.

• Bartex
    Bartex Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2018

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Because the killer can only interrupt one survivor at a time and survivor just need to follow a simple pattern:
    Just take turns, anybody who is not chased is doing gens, healing is done by Self Care, only do save unhooks.
    So you have 3 survivor doing objectives all the time, while one is wasting time looping.
    Avoid diminishing returns in gen repair by doing gens separate until you need to push through the last one.

Survivors version of camping... SUCKS DOESN'T IT!?

You are really desperate,huh?
    This is nothing anywhere similar to camping, but nice try dude.

lmao

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

It's ok. If you're letting them do gens in 3, you're doing something wrong.
    If they do it in 2, it's ok, but they better be prepared for the last 4 gens, since if they're too close, they will regret it.
    And for them to not be, they must plan accordingly and it's not an easy thing to do.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I disagree. I think multiple survivors on one gen is the problem. When they're all on gens separately I have a much better chance of finding one of them and then, as the chase ensues, I have a better chance of disrupting other survivors working on gens.

i almost never stop working on a gen because the killer is chasing someone near me (unless they run the killer into me)

• Sarief

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I disagree. I think multiple survivors on one gen is the problem. When they're all on gens separately I have a much better chance of finding one of them and then, as the chase ensues, I have a better chance of disrupting other survivors working on gens.

i almost never stop working on a gen because the killer is chasing someone near me (unless they run the killer into me)

And that's the issue with survivor mains
    If they got SB, they can just do gens non stop =\

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

And this is why nurse is the only killer viable at rank 1 against swf.
    The killers are not weak (talking about mid ones) its just the game is way to fast paced for them to do anything in terms of pressure.
    Thats what devs dont understand, no matter how much you buff freedy wraith or anyone the game is way to fast for them to get rolling.

• Sarief

@jus_Ignant said:

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

I don't use SB and still use this same tactic.
    Has nothing to do with the Perks, has to do with the Killers so caught up in the chase they're not paying attention to the Gen being worked on in front of them.

Tell it to me, when I see 3 survs flocking on a gen and immediately run to tap it, get hit on head and heal in front of me, while the other two try to do the same thing.
    the 24 seconds for SC is ridiculously low, it means you have to hit one surv every 7 seconds and kick gen, and trust me, those ######### don't care if you're near or not. You want to say to me that this is different than that, you'd have to make your words a little stronger.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I hate playing on coldwind farm, with 110 speed killers 3 gens will get done before I can even find somebody

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Riiiiight. "Mains"...
    Because no one who's playing both sides uses as as well.
    Are you a crybaby killer "main" by any chance?
    Lul this is so dumb...

• Sarief

@Grey87 said:

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Riiiiight. "Mains"...
    Lul this is so dumb...

... and sink. That's how you do it boiii

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    You should be happy when survivors do gens together. You can at least stop them before they get momentum.
    What's way more triggering is hearing three gens pop in a row as you down the first person. 😏
  • Sarief
    You should be happy when survivors do gens together. You can at least stop them before they get momentum.
    What's way more triggering is hearing three gens pop in a row as you down the first person. 😏
    Um, what do you mean? When there are 3 on same green you can't do anything, since they would not leave it
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Bartex said:
    excuse me, ######### is this?

The math on this is 100% correct, but it appears that you don’t understand it. As killer you WANT 3 or 4 survivors on a single gen, as it is wasting survivor resources. When they are on separate gens, they are getting rewarded 100% for their efforts. 2 on a gen, 90% each. 3 on a gen 80% each. And with 4 on a gen, they are only being rewarded 70% each, a major plus for the killer.

As @Wolf74 stated, gen rushing is when each survivor is on a separate gen. You may find one, chase them, and 3 gens pop while you’re chasing them. In the lower ranks, people are so afraid that they run around like chickens with heads cut off, but in the higher ranks, they will stay on gens even if the killer is almost on top of them. Hell, that’s why I run Stakeout when I play survivor.

Depending upon which killer you are playing, determines how you need to handle this. For one, you need to switch-up your target mid-chase, and break gens when it makes sense. Hitting a survivor and moving on to another, or slugging survivors, are just a couple tools to through them off, but they don’t work by themselves. It’s not that difficult, but it does require a ton of multitasking, and knowing exactly what state everything is in.

• Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39

@Grey87 said:

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Riiiiight. "Mains"...
    Lul this is so dumb...

Irrelevent comment that helps nobody and is off topic stop trying to make a toxic conversation that is uneeded, we should instead talk about what ideas we have to counter or stop genrush or at least make it more managable. Otherwise this discussion is just a place to complain that contains useless info and wont going anywhere.

Anyway yeah the gen times compared to chase and kill times are very unbalanced, devs need to sort this out or survivors are gonna stay as the power role, when really the killer is meant to be.. I think secondary objectives or things to prevent such fast gen pops should be implemented, even cooldowns or whatever other tasks that can stop gates opening in less than 4 minutes, (because thats a thing) sound like good additions. I feel killers only really get kills in high ranks if survivors make dumb mistakes, are way too slow to do gens or are way too alturistic or toxic and get themselves killed... Or if the killer is a god Nurse :P
    Its quite stupid how Nurse and Hillbilly are usually the only viable killers against good swf groups. Hope this gets fixed and becomes more fun for everyone

• holywhitetrash
    edited September 2018

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

so i dont have SB , and you dont need SB to do that i keep my camera on the killer when i can and just slide around the gen as the killer moves around me chasing the other guy

this works because unless i let the killer get close enough to get a hit before the chase starts it would be kind of silly for the killer to leave the chase he is in already since that guy will most likely have blown some resources and i would be fresh

but as someone in here has already mentioned as a killer you want all 3 survivors on 1 gen while you chase someone because that equals out to about 1 gen for downing a survivor instead of 2 or 3

• Sarief

@holywhitetrash said:

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

so i dont have SB , and you dont need SB to do that i keep my camera on the killer when i can and just slide around the gen as the killer moves around me chasing the other guy

this works because unless i let the killer get close enough to get a hit before the chase starts it would be kind of silly for the killer to leave the chase he is in already since that guy will most likely have blown some resources and i would be fresh

but as someone in here has already mentioned as a killer you want all 3 survivors on 1 gen while you chase someone because that equals out to about 1 gen for downing a survivor instead of 2 or 3

um, what math is that? 30 seconds is not enough to catch one survivor unless he's a potato.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    fcc2014 said:

Survivors doing the objective is just OP..... Maybe suggest 2 survivors start the trial injured 1 stuck in place(unable to move during the trial) and 2 on the hook in struggle and no generators can be completed for several minutes would that help?

Lmao that already happens sometimes. The can't move "glitch" was really just a shadow nerf to survivors. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    fcc2014 said:

Survivors doing the objective is just OP..... Maybe suggest 2 survivors start the trial injured 1 stuck in place(unable to move during the trial) and 2 on the hook in struggle and no generators can be completed for several minutes would that help?

Lmao that already happens sometimes. The can't move "glitch" was really just a shadow nerf to survivors. 
    @chemical_reject or they spawn next to the killer xD
    PS: i see u are using the cellphone. Cellphone doesnt send notifications by default when replying, u gotta @ the ones who you reply.
  • chemical_reject
    Vietfox said:
    fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject or they spawn next to the killer xD
    PS: i see u are using the cellphone. Cellphone doesnt send notifications by default when replying, u gotta @ the ones who you reply.
    Oh I didn't know that. Thanks @Vietfox. Sometimes these forums don't act right when I'm using my phone. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

I'm just trying to help them out so they feel better. Survivors need to run around like bots and not try to complete the objective. Maybe this is the new game mode. Killers play against bots.

• chemical_reject
    fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

I'm just trying to help them out so they feel better. Survivors need to run around like bots and not try to complete the objective. Maybe this is the new game mode. Killers play against bots.

yea I feel ya. Just wait tho, once everyone starts using rancor and the haunting grounds perk and survivors start bitching on the forum all these same people are gonna be like "REEEEEEEEE GITGUD"
  • holywhitetrash
    edited September 2018

@Sarief said:

um, what math is that? 30 seconds is not enough to catch one survivor unless he's a potato.

the first chase in the game should take about 80 seconds if you dont play any stupid mind games at pallets and just break them (this chase will use up quite a few pallets making your later chases much faster)

after that it takes usually between 30 seconds and 60 seconds to down a survivor so if the spent

honestly if it is taking you longer than that you should really work on your map awareness so you can better predict where the survivors are going

and if all the survivors are working 1 gen then they are spending more overall time to complete all 5 gens

• fcc2014

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

fcc2014 said:

yea I feel ya. Just wait tho, once everyone starts using rancor and the haunting grounds perk and survivors start bitching on the forum all these same people are gonna be like "REEEEEEEEE GITGUD"

Until survivors adjust and we hear how those perks are garbage and they should be in the power role despite perks and despite how poorly they play.

• chemical_reject
    fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

fcc2014 said:

Until survivors adjust and we hear how those perks are garbage and they should be in the power role despite perks and despite how poorly they play.

Lmao yep. Same vicious cycle as all the other updates just changing a few perk names here and there. 
  • fcc2014
    edited September 2018

The salty threads about how terrible and OP the killer is are coming. I may need to break from the forum until next week. I can only handle so much stupidity from these people.

• Bartex
    Bartex Member Posts: 27

@fcc2014 said:
    The salty threads about how terrible and OP the killer is are coming. I may need to break from the forum until next week. I can only handle so much stupidity from these people.

yeah, you are right

• fcc2014

@Bartex said:

@fcc2014 said:

yeah, you are right

My way to get through it was to make this and plan to use it for every chapter release.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    fcc2014 said:

LOL, I love this post. 
  • Wolf74

@fcc2014 said:

Oh see, we found the survivor main.^^
    No, you are right of course… everything is well balanced at the moment and any nerf to gen speed is totally biased killer crybaby mains.
    3 gens done on the first hook is completely fine, right?
    All these killer player that want to actually KILL someone are out of their mind.
    They must be real life psychos that need to be put into their place.
    Weirdos… this game should be about all players having fun, right?
    And by "all" I mean of course "all survivor"... because "fun" is only for player that do not enjoy playing monster.
    /sarcasm

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

No, you are right of course… everything is well balanced at the moment and any nerf to gen speed is totally biased killer crybaby mains.
    All these killer player that want to actually KILL someone are out of their mind.
    And by "all" I mean of course "all survivor"... because "fun" is only for player that do not enjoy playing monster.
    /sarcasm

Nerfing gen speed won't do any good. Doing generators is boring to begin with. The devs need to add additional objectives, but I shudder to think what introducing new interactions could do to the spaghetti code.

• fcc2014

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

/sarcasm

What EXACTLY do you want the survivors to do other than you KNOW the OBJECTIVE. 3 survivors on 3 generators while one fool is trying to catch someone isn't Gen Rushing it is the game. We have fewer and fewer 3-4 man generators anyway. Most are enclosed on 2 sides. Not a survivor main btw play both sides and i have fun. I'm just going to point out bs when i see it. If you are not having fun maybe find a game more your speed.

• fcc2014

@Orion said:

Nerfing gen speed won't do any good. Doing generators is boring to begin with. The devs need to add additional objectives, but I shudder to think what introducing new interactions could do to the spaghetti code.

Please add another objective not for blood points maybe to increase XP gained for the match.

• Orion

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

Please add another objective not for blood points maybe to increase XP gained for the match.

Hey, don't ask me. I'm not a dev.

• fcc2014

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

No, it wasn't for you to implement but rather agreeing with you a side objective, not emblem or survival based would and should be welcomed by the community. Since the shard grind is always a topic, something to reward 5/10/15/20 5 more xp in the match. Maybe lighting some totem or something in the match. something that takes a 60s uninterrupted. Just spit balling.

• Orion

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

No, it wasn't for you to implement but rather agreeing with you a side objective, not emblem or survival based would and should be welcomed by the community. Since the shard grind is always a topic, something to reward 5/10/15/20 5 more xp in the match. Maybe lighting some totem or something in the match. something that takes a 60s uninterrupted. Just spit balling.

I think they need to make the generator repair more dynamic. Something to start the repairs, something else to repair past a certain percentage, and so on. Basically divide the repairs into stages and have Survivors search for stuff to continue the repairs.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

I think they need to make the generator repair more dynamic. Something to start the repairs, something else to repair past a certain percentage, and so on. Basically divide the repairs into stages and have Survivors search for stuff to continue the repairs.

@Orion @fcc2014
    Maybe 4 stages per gen with different minigames?
  • fcc2014

@Orion said:

I have seen people suggest that before, my problem is perks like hex ruin, thantaphobia and dying light on top of a potential hatch end game scenario. You are giving killers lots of outs and chances to camp and be rewarded by that. I wonder how the replay value would suffer from something like that.

• Orion

@Vietfox said:
    @Orion @fcc2014

5, with the Killer being unable to regress them beyond the current stage unless it was at the beginning of the stage (0% progression) and the Killer interacted with the generator at that point. Some Killer perks should be changed to match this change in mechanics (namely, Tinkerer, Pop Goes The Weasel, and the other one that shows regressing generators' auras whose name I can't recall). Also, they wouldn't be "minigames", but literally going out to find items for generator repair. I'm thinking something akin to the golden toolboxes on Lampkin Lane.

• Wolf74

@fcc2014 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

/sarcasm

What EXACTLY do you want the survivors to do other than you KNOW the OBJECTIVE. 3 survivors on 3 generators while one fool is trying to catch someone isn't Gen Rushing it is the game. We have fewer and fewer 3-4 man generators anyway. Most are enclosed on 2 sides. Not a survivor main btw play both sides and i have fun. I'm just going to point out bs when i see it. If you are not having fun maybe find a game more your speed.

So I ask again… you think the speed of the game at the moment is perfectly fine?

• fcc2014

@Vietfox said:

@Orion @fcc2014

I don't want to play generator simulator. Generators suck to do as is. Why take the most boring and tedious aspect of the game and expand it. A separate rewards based objective might be the better approach. Look what happens during the BBQ and Howling events people pass up generators to get the special ones. Those games for the most part are slower than normal. We need something similar just not generator based. Even if it is light stations around the map .

• Orion

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

I have seen people suggest that before, my problem is perks like hex ruin, thantaphobia and dying light on top of a potential hatch end game scenario. You are giving killers lots of outs and chances to camp and be rewarded by that. I wonder how the replay value would suffer from something like that.

I'd make it so the only way a generator can regress beyond a certain stage would be through a Killer interaction. If anything, I'm giving the Survivors a good way to secure generator repairs.

• fcc2014

@Wolf74 said:

So I ask again… you think the speed of the game at the moment is perfectly fine?

No it isn't but that has a lot to do with coordinated survivors and infinite loops. 10-15-20 min matches to fix 5 generators would be boring. The grind for bloodpoints on this game is real. Something included as a side quest for an xp boost may work.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Survivors version of camping... SUCKS DOESN'T IT!?

You are really desperate,huh?
    This is nothing anywhere similar to camping, but nice try dude.

1)Shuts down oppenents game regardless of skill (nothing you can do to stop it). 2) Takes no skill to do it itself. 3) no fun for either party, and gives ######### points. 4) both are neccecary in certain situations to counter behavior. 5) is s part of playing the game, but both have a name even though it’s a way of doing the objective. MUST I GO ON?!

• fcc2014

@Orion said:

I'd make it so the only way a generator can regress beyond a certain stage would be through a Killer interaction. If anything, I'm giving the Survivors a good way to secure generator repairs.

I get what you are saying, i'm just not sure if it doesn't change the entire game flow. I have zero problem adapting and as killer it will feel like a vacation. I really believe this would hurt the fun factor/replay value. I keep saying it but feel generators are not the way to go. Stations around the map similar to what the pig has with a 60s interaction for the bonus might. The other trigger would be once all generators are powered the boxes become null and void. I think that was the idea behind the pig and the RBT but people popped generators anyway. If you have people trying to bang out these stations first you are adding several minutes to the game by default.

• Orion

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

I get what you are saying, i'm just not sure if it doesn't change the entire game flow. I have zero problem adapting and as killer it will feel like a vacation. I really believe this would hurt the fun factor/replay value. I keep saying it but feel generators are not the way to go. Stations around the map similar to what the pig has with a 60s interaction for the bonus might. The other trigger would be once all generators are powered the boxes become null and void. I think that was the idea behind the pig and the RBT but people popped generators anyway. If you have people trying to bang out these stations first you are adding several minutes to the game by default.

Bonuses are not good enough. You get BP by sabotaging hooks and breaking totems too, but few people do either for the BP. It's either to prevent NOED from triggering, or they 99% hooks to break them in the Killer's face.

If a new mechanic is to be created to help with gen rush, it needs to be tied into the escape mechanic. No two ways about it.