The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

nerf this pls

2»

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Gen rush is basically all survivor SPREAD OUT and do gens SEPERATE.
    Because the killer can only interrupt one survivor at a time and survivor just need to follow a simple pattern:
    Just take turns, anybody who is not chased is doing gens, healing is done by Self Care, only do save unhooks.
    So you have 3 survivor doing objectives all the time, while one is wasting time looping.
    Avoid diminishing returns in gen repair by doing gens separate until you need to push through the last one.

Survivors version of camping... SUCKS DOESN'T IT!?

You are really desperate,huh?
    This is nothing anywhere similar to camping, but nice try dude.

1)Shuts down oppenents game regardless of skill (nothing you can do to stop it). 2) Takes no skill to do it itself. 3) no fun for either party, and gives ######### points. 4) both are neccecary in certain situations to counter behavior. 5) is s part of playing the game, but both have a name even though it’s a way of doing the objective. MUST I GO ON?!

Yea, please go on, because so far I haven't read anything valid. And I am dead serious about it.
    1. Camping does not "shut down oppenents" game, because the remaining survivor can act free.
    2. The killer at least needed to show skill to get that victim on the hook, so no, it is not comparable.
    3. Depends, since most survivor will feed camper it will become action if they really try to rescue versus a camper and the killer can get a crapload of points from it.
    4. Again, no. Because both might be "necessary" at some point, but one tactic is crippling the players game (killer) while for the other side it is the most efficient way to play.
    5. And one sides objective is going so fast that is a serious balance issue.

But, yea… totally the same thing. slowclap

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited September 2018

@Orion said:

Bonuses are not good enough. You get BP by sabotaging hooks and breaking totems too, but few people do either for the BP. It's either to prevent NOED from triggering, or they 99% hooks to break them in the Killer's face.

If a new mechanic is to be created to help with gen rush, it needs to be tied into the escape mechanic. No two ways about it.

See i disagree. Bonuses toward additional XP forshards maybe enticing enough. It works for blood points during events. We will probably never agree on Gen Rushing. Doing the objective as quickly as possible is not gen rushing.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Because the killer can only interrupt one survivor at a time and survivor just need to follow a simple pattern:
    Just take turns, anybody who is not chased is doing gens, healing is done by Self Care, only do save unhooks.
    So you have 3 survivor doing objectives all the time, while one is wasting time looping.
    Avoid diminishing returns in gen repair by doing gens separate until you need to push through the last one.

1)Shuts down oppenents game regardless of skill (nothing you can do to stop it). 2) Takes no skill to do it itself. 3) no fun for either party, and gives ######### points. 4) both are neccecary in certain situations to counter behavior. 5) is s part of playing the game, but both have a name even though it’s a way of doing the objective. MUST I GO ON?!

Yea, please go on, because so far I haven't read anything valid. And I am dead serious about it.
    1. Camping does not "shut down oppenents" game, because the remaining survivor can act free.
    2. The killer at least needed to show skill to get that victim on the hook, so no, it is not comparable.
    3. Depends, since most survivor will feed camper it will become action if they really try to rescue versus a camper and the killer can get a crapload of points from it.
    4. Again, no. Because both might be "necessary" at some point, but one tactic is crippling the players game (killer) while for the other side it is the most efficient way to play.

TL;DR gen rushing sucks and there isn’t even a point in you continuing a refute. It does nothing for the sake of nothing.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

I think they need to make the generator repair more dynamic. Something to start the repairs, something else to repair past a certain percentage, and so on. Basically divide the repairs into stages and have Survivors search for stuff to continue the repairs.

I have seen people suggest that before, my problem is perks like hex ruin, thantaphobia and dying light on top of a potential hatch end game scenario. You are giving killers lots of outs and chances to camp and be rewarded by that. I wonder how the replay value would suffer from something like that.

I see what you're saying, but I still think secondary objectives are the best way to go. If this makes Dying Light and Ruin OP, then those perks should be nerfed because the core of the game should work without those perks.

• fcc2014

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

I think they need to make the generator repair more dynamic. Something to start the repairs, something else to repair past a certain percentage, and so on. Basically divide the repairs into stages and have Survivors search for stuff to continue the repairs.

I have seen people suggest that before, my problem is perks like hex ruin, thantaphobia and dying light on top of a potential hatch end game scenario. You are giving killers lots of outs and chances to camp and be rewarded by that. I wonder how the replay value would suffer from something like that.

I see what you're saying, but I still think secondary objectives are the best way to go. If this makes Dying Light and Ruin OP, then those perks should be nerfed because the core of the game should work without those perks.

My point is leave the generators alone. The thing people complain about now is the grind for cosmetics, perks and characters. Why not give an incentive every match for more. Maybe tweak the values i said 5/10/15/20. Maybe it is too much idk. If we had 4 stations that have to be found and activated before the last generator is powered for those base increases it may slow the game down without an overhaul to the base mechanic of the game.

• Wolf74

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

TL;DR gen rushing sucks and there isn’t even a point in you continuing a refute. It does nothing for the sake of nothing.

Serious? I answered your crap point by point and you write "TL;DR"?
    You just dumped your statements and ignore if they get ripped apart?
    Wow... if that is to much for you to read… please do not answer at all.

• fcc2014

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

If it makes you feel better i did read it and wished i hadn't. i don't think you made a valid counter argument.

• fcc2014

@Vankruze said:
    Have we just discovered a possible solution to our problem? can we make it so only 1 survivor at any given time can be on a generator? can we at least try this out please?

What are the other 3 suppose to do for 80s or more?

• Wolf74

@fcc2014 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

If it makes you feel better i did read it and wished i hadn't. i don't think you made a valid counter argument.

Some people are to stubborn, so if you can't (or don't want to) understand arguments, please save us all some time and do not bother answering, thanks.

• fcc2014

@Wolf74 said:

Some people are to stubborn, so if you can't (or don't want to) understand arguments, please save us all some time and do not bother answering, thanks.

I was just going to ignore it but then you posted about @Jack11803 lack of a comment . I validated his lack of response based on my interpretation of what I thought of it.

• fcc2014

@Vankruze said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Vankruze said:
    Have we just discovered a possible solution to our problem? can we make it so only 1 survivor at any given time can be on a generator? can we at least try this out please?

find another generator to repair? why do they all have to be on the same gen I don't understand your point?

I apologize i thought you meant only 1 generator period can be worked on at a time. Some of the crap people post is absurd. 3 people on 3 different generators at 80s a piece is more dangerous for a killer in chase than 3 working on the same. They will go as a group the 3 and box them selves in on one side of the map. The 3 that hit different points help eliminate the killers match pressure and patrolling of the final possible generators.

• Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39

@fcc2014 "Doing the objective as quckly as possible is not gen rushing" Thats literally the definition... what do you mean o.0 Its like a when you wake up late and youve got a meeting and have to rush and complete your objective of getting to it on time as fast as possible, gen rushing is doing all the generators as quickly and effectively as possible. Literally the same concept.

I also dont agree with the extra xp or bp for doing a certain thing as i dont care bout xp or bp, and old players may have too much of the stuff, also that would mean survivors get more than killer which uhm no.

Though I believe we are on the right lines of the survivors objective being done considerably faster than killer's is unfair. There are so many different ways to go about it though so I dont think everyone will want to agree on one thing, we should just let the oblivious devs know that the survivors objective is too fast and needs something to slow it down or make it a bit harder but not tedious.

The devs can decide however their twisted minds want to go about it after its been complained enough about. Though i dont think they care about the killer community for some random reason they discriminate them and focus on making survivors gameplay as easy as they can, they prioritise the wrong things and thats what has dragged this game into a deep endless hole. I just hope theres something extraordinary at the bottom of the hole.

• The speed is a bit too fast in my opinion but they shouldn't decrease it. They should just increase the time it takes to repair gens again, at least until there are more objectives that need to be completed for the survivors to be able to escape.

• Wolf74

@NextKillerSpongebob said:
    The speed is a bit too fast in my opinion but they shouldn't decrease it. They should just increase the time it takes to repair gens again, at least until there are more objectives that need to be completed for the survivors to be able to escape.

Why "again"?
    Gens became faster over time.
    Skillchecks became easier, toolboxes got buffed…

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Vankruze said:

Then instead of 2-3 gens popping by a good separated toolbox team we then have 4gens poping
  • redsopine1
    fcc2014 said:

@Vankruze said:

Do q different gen or be bait
  • redsopine1
    Or have it set the killer can kick some gens breaking them meaning a toolbox is needed to fix it before repairs can even start and by that I mean a full standard charge set no speed addons they wont affect it
  • fcc2014
    Tazare said:

@fcc2014 "Doing the objective as quckly as possible is not gen rushing" Thats literally the definition... what do you mean o.0 Its like a when you wake up late and youve got a meeting and have to rush and complete your objective of getting to it on time as fast as possible, gen rushing is doing all the generators as quickly and effectively as possible. Literally the same concept.

I also dont agree with the extra xp or bp for doing a certain thing as i dont care bout xp or bp, and old players may have too much of the stuff, also that would mean survivors get more than killer which uhm no.

Though I believe we are on the right lines of the survivors objective being done considerably faster than killer's is unfair. There are so many different ways to go about it though so I dont think everyone will want to agree on one thing, we should just let the oblivious devs know that the survivors objective is too fast and needs something to slow it down or make it a bit harder but not tedious.

The devs can decide however their twisted minds want to go about it after its been complained enough about. Though i dont think they care about the killer community for some random reason they discriminate them and focus on making survivors gameplay as easy as they can, they prioritise the wrong things and thats what has dragged this game into a deep endless hole. I just hope theres something extraordinary at the bottom of the hole.

What would you prefer survivors do ther than the objective? 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 2018

@fcc2014 said:

@Wolf74 said:

I was just going to ignore it but then you posted about @Jack11803 lack of a comment . I validated his lack of response based on my interpretation of what I thought of it.

My third eye let’s me see bullshit. It’s quite an ability

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I disagree. I think multiple survivors on one gen is the problem. When they're all on gens separately I have a much better chance of finding one of them and then, as the chase ensues, I have a better chance of disrupting other survivors working on gens.

i almost never stop working on a gen because the killer is chasing someone near me (unless they run the killer into me)

And that's the issue with survivor mains
    If they got SB, they can just do gens non stop =\

I haven't run sb in awhile except on newest played survivor still learning since no good perks yet. I simply slide around and stay on it unless the killers is super close. This has nothing to do with survivor mains at all but killers being oblivious to 2 or more free hits .

When I'm in a chase and I see 2-3 ppl gen rushing 1 gen i'll smack 1 or more and damage the gen and go chase. Now I've got 2-3 injured people and a damaged gen and sometimes 1 inured will go back to same gen. Well now I get an easy down, more gen damage and 1 person on hook while 1-2 others are still healing.

It's called situational awareness which not everyone has, if you pay attention to what's going on around you instead of having a single minded focus you'll get more done.

• powerbats

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I disagree. I think multiple survivors on one gen is the problem. When they're all on gens separately I have a much better chance of finding one of them and then, as the chase ensues, I have a better chance of disrupting other survivors working on gens.

i almost never stop working on a gen because the killer is chasing someone near me (unless they run the killer into me)

I haven't run sb in awhile except on newest played survivor still learning since no good perks yet. I simply slide around and stay on it unless the killers is super close. This has nothing to do with survivor mains at all but killers being oblivious to 2 or more free hits .

When I'm in a chase and I see 2-3 ppl gen rushing 1 gen i'll smack 1 or more and damage the gen and go chase. Now I've got 2-3 injured people and a damaged gen and sometimes 1 inured will go back to same gen. Well now I get an easy down, more gen damage and 1 person on hook while 1-2 others are still healing.

It's called situational awareness which not everyone has, if you pay attention to what's going on around you instead of having a single minded focus you'll get more done.

• powerbats

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

Survivors doing the objective is just OP..... Maybe suggest 2 survivors start the trial injured 1 stuck in place(unable to move during the trial) and 2 on the hook in struggle and no generators can be completed for several minutes would that help?

Lmao that already happens sometimes. The can't move "glitch" was really just a shadow nerf to survivors. 

I just had a killer match where the Jake did a meme of the crouch bug off and on it was hilarious, he sadly didn't make it. He tried the same jigsaw box 8-12 straight times before it blew up.

• linglingen
    linglingen Member Posts: 40

From a survivor perspective - we've gotten the "do gens, git gud" hammered into our heads so many times, it's literally all anyone will do. And ofc do a dull totem or two on the way to the next. With the amount of camping going on, even on first hook 5 gens left, why the hell should people not strive to do gens as fast as possible?

But then there's the games where the killer does not have ruin, and is not camping and is not making me ALT-TAB out of the game while I'm hanging there while being admired by the oh so mighty Nurse. It always is a bitter sweet win against those who try to make the game fun if all the gens were done within minutes. I cross my fingers they have NOED and Blood Warden to squeeze a bit fun juice out of those matches.

• Wolf74

@linglingen said:
    why the hell should people not strive to do gens as fast as possible?

It is not about "why not", it is about "balance". I know that term is not appreciated by survivor mains, but gens are done to fast and hurt the gamebalance.
    Killer are at the point where they can't accomplish anything. That's why the Trapper dropped so hard in effectiveness and therefore popularity.

• @Wolf74 said:

The speed is a bit too fast in my opinion but they shouldn't decrease it. They should just increase the time it takes to repair gens again, at least until there are more objectives that need to be completed for the survivors to be able to escape.

Why "again"?

Generator repair times have already been increased once before. I think they only took 50 or 60 seconds for one survivor at first. Not sure about the numbers tho, but they upped the time to 80 seconds which is not enough right now. It was good at the time but it's time for another ''nerf'' I guess.

• Wolf74

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

Generator repair times have already been increased once before. I think they only took 50 or 60 seconds for one survivor at first. Not sure about the numbers tho, but they upped the time to 80 seconds which is not enough right now. It was good at the time but it's time for another ''nerf'' I guess.

I highly doubt that they ever increased the gen time by 20-30 seconds.

• linglingen
    linglingen Member Posts: 40

@Wolf74 said:

@linglingen said:
    why the hell should people not strive to do gens as fast as possible?

It is not about "why not", it is about "balance". I know that term is not appreciated by survivor mains, but gens are done to fast and hurt the gamebalance.
    Killer are at the point where they can't accomplish anything. That's why the Trapper dropped so hard in effectiveness and therefore popularity.

"Not appreciated by survivor mains". I'm a survivor main, I love balance. ######### you on about. If they slow down gen progress a lot more than it's now, then they need another way to punish hard campers - yes those who start the match by camping, not the one defending last chance to get a kill. Anyway, I like what @fcc2014 said. Give more objectives without forcing survivors to spend another minute on generators. I've played this game since it came out, I welcome any change really.

• @Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

No no, they actually did. I, of course, don't know the exact patch when they did it, but they did. I've been playing since beta and noticed a large difference when also playing survivor. However as you said, toolboxes and other stuff outbalanced that ''nerf'' and it got overshadowed basically.

• Wolf74

@linglingen said:

"Not appreciated by survivor mains". I'm a survivor main, I love balance. ######### you on about.

Just my experience with the community.
    Survivor want everything balanced around the worst possible player and teammates, while killer powers (and add ons, etc) should be balanced around the top notch best players available.

• Wolf74

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

No no, they actually did. I, of course, don't know the exact patch when they did it, but they did. I've been playing since beta and noticed a large difference when also playing survivor. However as you said, toolboxes and other stuff outbalanced that ''nerf'' and it got overshadowed basically.

Sorry to be a disbeliever, but without the patch notes I won't buy that.
    Not by 20-30 seconds. That would be way to much. They would have got their office burned down by survivor player armed with torches and pitchforks for a 30 seconds gen time increase.

• @Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

Not by 20-30 seconds. That would be way to much. They would have got their office burned down by survivor player armed with torches and pitchforks for a 30 seconds gen time increase.

No they wouldn't. I think it was around the Michael Myers Halloween patch. They probably didn't moan about it since that was the time they got DS and they had to moan about the machine gun build. Not sure if u know what build that was, but it basically stacked Save the Best for Last and Unrelenting (since both perks used to reduce successful and missed attack cooldowns) making the cooldown so fast that counting to 1 was a good cooldown assumption.

• Wolf74

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

No they wouldn't. I think it was around the Michael Myers Halloween patch. They probably didn't moan about it since that was the time they got DS and they had to moan about the machine gun build. Not sure if u know what build that was, but it basically stacked Save the Best for Last and Unrelenting (since both perks used to reduce successful and missed attack cooldowns) making the cooldown so fast that counting to 1 was a good cooldown assumption.

I am basically playing since that said Halloween DLC.
    Still, I do not believe they ever increased gen time by 20+ seconds.
    Prove me wrong if you can. ;)

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

Not 20 seconds, but...

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Patch_Notes_1.5.0
  • Bartex
    Bartex Member Posts: 27

XDDDDDDD

• Bartex
    Bartex Member Posts: 27

XDDDDDDD

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@powerbats said:

@Sarief said:

@holywhitetrash said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

two people with medkits. You hit one, another does gen. You hit the other, the first already healed and is on the gen. You hit first, second already hit is on the gen. What are you talking about? what situational awareness? Hits are not free, they're useless without sloppy butcher and thana.

• Sarief

@linglingen said:
    From a survivor perspective - we've gotten the "do gens, git gud" hammered into our heads so many times, it's literally all anyone will do. And ofc do a dull totem or two on the way to the next. With the amount of camping going on, even on first hook 5 gens left, why the hell should people not strive to do gens as fast as possible?

People should, but they also should fear killer. Read my previous comment.
    The amount of times when people do gens in front of killer because they're not afraid to get hit is ridiculous

• powerbats

@Sarief said:

two people with medkits. You hit one, another does gen. You hit the other, the first already healed and is on the gen. You hit first, second already hit is on the gen. What are you talking about? what situational awareness? Hits are not free, they're useless without sloppy butcher and thana.

At low ranks most killers run sloppy and or franklins if they see more than 1 medkit etc. I go after them even if they have a medkit since it means they're wasting time using it.

• Sarief

@powerbats said:

@Sarief said:

At low ranks most killers run sloppy and or franklins if they see more than 1 medkit etc. I go after them even if they have a medkit since it means they're wasting time using it.

low as in 15-10?
    Well, I have to run BBQ, Ruin, Whispers (######### p3 claudettes) so I have to also run Sloppy? On all killers? I have rancor now, so should I not run ruin? :(

• powerbats

@Sarief said:

low as in 15-10?
    Well, I have to run BBQ, Ruin, Whispers ([BAD WORD] p3 claudettes) so I have to also run Sloppy? On all killers? I have rancor now, so should I not run ruin? :(

Low as in 1-5 range.

BBQ but Sloppy, and I've seen killers abandon Ruin and go with Bitter and Tinkerer.

Although had a Billy earlier with Rancor, Ruin, BBQ and can't remember the 4th.

• Wolf74

So I was right, thanks.
    The claim of 20 - 30 seconds was overexaggerating.
    It was 10 seconds along with skillchecks made easier to make up for it.

• @Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74 said:

Why "again"?

Ok they added 10 seconds to the gens and 5 seconds to the gates. I forgot about the gates and thought the time belonging to those were for the gens aswell