DBD Halloween Event review and opinion

zack12sora
zack12sora Member Posts: 40
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Since I believe the event is now over as of today I wanted to review and go over the eternal hallow event and my thoughts on the whole event from when it started to right now. If I did miss someting while in the discussion please let me know in the comments.

So first off when the event began we were graciously given some new skins that were added to the shop starting with survivors: Feng, Yui, Felix, and David (Battle pass which I will talk about in a moment). As well as killers: Legion, Ghostface, and Blight. The skins themselves were nice and I figured the ghostface one was going to be pay only because it was a licensed killer and a lot of license killers were pay only.

Now we get into the battle pass, The battle pass when I first took a glance at nothing to me stood out as really amazing expect for some of the charms like the unicorn charm and the david skin. The tier 70 charm I am sorry to say does not really make it feel like a really cool ultra rare charm. We went from a serum vial, lantern, cube, and tiki cup which I think was amazing to a coral reef charm that does not glow until you have gotten it and even then it is not that impressive. In addition, this biggest complaint that I had at the time of the battle passes release was the lack of putrid serum that they did from last year. In my mind I thought they would have included it since alot of DBD veterans come to this event to play and get the currency for two free skins. The fact that they were not part of the battle pass or the event should be a red flag for us of what choices the devs made for the event. I know many people would agree this was the start of what made the event very bad.

I believe after the battle pass released, the devs created the twitch charms that we had to get from twitch streamers, with two just being entering codes. The pumpkin one was not bad in my opinion; the candy bucket one was not so cool, but for a uncommon charm its whatever. The real issue that people had was the dwightcrow charm that seemed impossible to get on console with PC players at least having a chance to get it. I do not understand what the devs were thinking when they thought ten was a good enough number for each code. This charm I felt was extremely unfair and not fun and the charm was not even that cool iether (also it was a killer only charm which is also ridiculous). I was lucky to get it because Scorpionz made it fair for console players to get by making it into a riddle like game that only console players would be able to do. So as someone who plays on PS4 thank you Scorpionz. The last charm which was a trapper charm for survivor only charm which was fine but I dont see myself using this charm.

Around this time the devs announced that we would be receiving daily log ins for bloodpoints and iridescent shards for a total of 10,000 iridescent. They also reduced the amount of iredescent it took to buy any of the new halloween skins to 9,000 each. They also did there Halloween sale on the skins from 20 to 75 percent off on select skins. For example, the trapper skin from the first hallowed blight event was 300 auric cells. I have a lot of mix feelings about this one at one hand the devs could have done nothing about it, but on the other hand it feels like they did this for crowd control and tried to have some excuse as to why putrid serums were not added to the event. I do feel bad for the people that bought some of the skins at full price before they started this, but honesty I hope next time people will learn to wait until there is a sale of some kind.

On the topic of the actual game, the new add ons are fine, but I do not understand why the killer add on only last until the event is over. Why? It is not that good of an addon on some killers and it is only a gimmick for the blight rush. Most killers can not even use there ability until they activate it. I am not saying it needs to be good, I think it was fine because like I said its a halloween event it si supposed to be a gimmick, but survivors keep there addons?Their addons are not even that good either making the flashlight blink or making survivors move 5% faster for 20 seconds. In addiiton, as a console player on PS4 it was very annoying to try and play this event with the exterme lag that I had as both survibor and killer it made the event really unfun to play as, I even went to go play overwatch and fortnite because the lag was so bad. They were able to fix it however befroe the weekend of halloween.

Finally with last weekend we had twitch rivals and double bloodpoints and I believe mobile had triple bloodpoints so good for them hahaha. I was not not really watching the twitch event because I was out of town for a class project but when I got home I was able to watch the stranger things event from YouTube. From what I could see from the comment sections it seems like people want new skins for stranger things? It sounds cool but I feel like we would have been given bigger hints if this was true but I do not know. The actor Gaten was very cool and chill and I loved the Q and A he did towards the end of the stream about the show. I just wish that Ninja was not so loud and people would just relax and not be so competitive in the stream. I think other community streamers like Otz, Hexy, Jaee, Tru3, or even puppers would have been a better pick for Gaten to play with. I would like him to comeback and I think it would be cool to see him main as demo, I think the community would really love for him to be apart of DBD.

Finally, my overall experience for this I feel like was really bad. How can behavior mess up an event that should be their main event. Honestly Halloween in DBD is more exciting than the anniversary event for me and they treated it as if it was nothing too special about it. They added some challenges like the flowers that only stay activate for those like really? The flowers are a major role in the event I dont really care for pumpkin gens or yellow hooks. but having an objective for the serums made this an "event". Making people buy skins, trying to get a charm, loging in daily, and double blood points does not make it and event it just makes it underwhleming especially compred to last year.

This was my opinon on the whole event. I am sorry if this was very long to read and I really appreciate it if someone took the time to read it all ( I really do). I wanted to write this because for me this event is like Christmas to me and it really broke my heart how this event was real mess and cash grab, I would always tell people to try dbd during Halloween because I thought the forest event was really really cool to be a part of. And I remember being so happy getting that wraith skin I worked hard to get. Anyways I hope you guys got something out of reading this and I would really love to hear your guys point of view from this event either good or bad its fine. If there is one thing I love is the dbd community I hope yo all had a Happy Halloween.

Please let me know if I missed anything from this event thank you :)