OhTofu's New Hex Rework Video - My personal Ideas

Options
MissRememberMe
MissRememberMe Member Posts: 37
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Tofu said he was building on an idea where killers can only equip 1 hex perk. The hex is tied to all totems instead of just one, and it starts out very strong and gets weaker as more totems are cleansed.

Pros - Build diversity, 2nd objective, Early-game pressure, reduce the risk-reward paradox.

Cons - Hard totem spots/ map RNG, snowball effect

My idea for each Hex Perk:

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

The changed undying looks interesting, could become part of a really strong slugging build or make you get more value out of your slugs in general.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Some are interesting, some have lost flavor (retribution), and some are just OP (haunted ground)

It is an interesting twist on hex perks though! Would the perk still have tiers?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

A number of these seem fairly OP for something you get right out of the gate, even factoring in that you can only use one at a time.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

I actually like this.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

Another Post complaining about NOED insta-downs, Add it to the pile.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,154
    Options

I love the idea. I thought about this idea 1 year ago and I thought about posting on forums back when Hex:Ruin got changed but I couldn't really grasp good ideas for how to modify existing hex perks in way that scales them down in strength. This idea would be far superior idea than artificial end game collapse if implemented. If these perks are limit 1 slot and you can only choose one, Wouldn't survivor need to get something like passive abilities to compensate fact that the killer is getting 5th perk slot. Maybe survivors could get their old version of MoM back if killers became significantly harder to face.

Looking at the perks, I feel like most players would just choose Thrill of the hunt to get old machine gun build or Lullaby to get a old version of old Hex:ruin from listed perks.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,154
    edited November 2020
    Options

delete post

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

These are all really cool ideas. Not sure about Haunted Grounds. As long as it's not useable literally instantly, and you would have to wait 60s at the start of the trial I think it'd be pretty balanced. Retribution seems....overpowered as hell. Any amount of permanent aura-reading is ludicrously strong and negates any and all mindgames for free. You should keep retribution as is, but everytime any totem is cleansed you see survivor auras for a few seconds.

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114
    Options

That concept would make hex perks actually have consistency and survivors would start to feel that cleasing dull totems are worth their time. Also imagine a full totem build, oh god that would be awesome to try with this concept.

But some of your ideas for the hex are kinda of OP like Retribution and Haunted Grounds and NOED just feel like a bad Play With Your Food, maybe some percentage increase would be nice?

Idk, the concept is great but need to be worked on with balacing the perks and making some actually usable on practice.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

ehhh...

not really a fan of something that strong being active from the start of the match and having no downside if the match goes quickly.

It's precisely why Ruin was changed, according to the devs, and they're unlikely to go back to that.

I'm much more of a fan for what I advocate:

--

Kind_Lemon 

An advocate of place-able totems, an "untethering from obstacles" pallet interaction (required before pallet usage), and the removal of Exposed from tier 1 Devour Hope.

Also supports changes to how many survivors need to be present to start repairs on a generator.

#revertNurseaddons #reverttieroneDevour #reverttiertwoBL #nofreechaseresources #placeabletotems #revertBillysounds #workwiththemusicyouhave

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options