The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does the report function actually do anything?

I'm a PS4 player, and if I go against super toxic killers, or I'm paired with super toxic survivors, even with the report function, I'll play with them again in the future. They do the same thing, and look at that, another report made, nothing happening. It feels like the report function is only good on PC, or doesn't do anything besides be a way to pacify us. When I say toxic, I don't mean "oh they used NOED" or "they left after the doors were open". I mean killers who slug everyone, and then go AFK until we all bleed out and die. Or survivors who work with the killer so everyone get killed, and they don't. So they spend the game bullying survivors with the killer (like repeated tapping survivors on hooks, but not taking them off), and ruin the whole game for the other 3 people just trying to enjoy a game. These things ruin the fun for the majority of people. No wonder other large parts of the community have survivors and killers who turn to methods like facecamping, or leaving hooked survivors to die first time up. It's not worth it to lose your rank you worked hard for, or to be bullied all game. I'm usually a person who doesn't get tilted by things like camping, or people who tunnel, I don't even care what perks people use because if it's in the game, use it, but this security theater to make people think they have power is pissing me off. I'm upset for other people like new players, or people who haven't played in a while. This is going to scare them off. Devs for the love of all that is holy, listen to your community when we say something is wrong. If you can't guarantee that we're being heard unless it's a bug or exploit, how in the world can we look to trust you to want to have us here. First thing I ever heard about DbD is how toxic it is. Does that not rub you the wrong way? That your community is considered so awful that it's known before someone even tries to purchase the game? It would bother me. Rant over, I would love to hear similar stories, and maybe we can be heard.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Full disclosure, I didn't read your whole OP because you need to use some paragraphs.

The function does work, but some of the things you mentioned are just not against the rules.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

The in-game report function does not block users from playing with you. The game offers no avoid player feature. The report function does what it does: Report the person you click report on and fill it out for. That gets checked by people called ACMs and they deal with those reports.

Please do not falsely report users for not rule breaking things. This still gets logged and is another report the ACMs have to check. Read the game rules please: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

This discussion has been closed.