Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Not taking this game seriously, will it help me or hurt me?

So I am notorious for playing almost no game in a 'meta' or 'serious' way. I mean obviously I try to win, and if one perk is good and another is #########, I'm gonna use the good perk but like... I don't really care if I don't. I don't feel any more 'rage' at the end of a no-sacrifice match than I did at the start of the game.

Now because of this mind set I'm actually really scared of playing survivor. I'm gonna pick the perks and Items I wanna pick and that I think will do well and be fun. I panic more that I'm ruining my team's fun than my own. Killer I don't have to worry about that. I miss a kill, oh well XD

So overall you think this is a boon or a hindrance? Like Maybe I don't lean much from a no-hook match but to me DCing would be less fun than loosing. I'm gonna sit there and eat the L like a man! I see other people get angry as killer but imo killer is so kill and exciting even if you kinda do poorly.

So to condince this rant into a question: Is the fact that I barely take this or almost any game seriously a boon or a hindrance to my improvement?

Best Answers

Answers

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

honestly mate don't be afraid of dragging down your teammates as survivor with any of the quirky perks you wanna use. In soloq your perks matter less then if you can run around a loop for more than 10 seconds. If you can you are already better than 90% and if not, nobody expects much from their soloq teammates anyway.

• Delcat
    Delcat Member Posts: 32

Nah, it means you'll get better but in a different way than other people because you'll learn your own way to handle mistakes. Also, you'll be having fun!