Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Idea for a Legion change to reward you by lowering the stun

TwinnedHawks8772
TwinnedHawks8772 Member Posts: 50
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I had an idea to lower the stun after a Feral Frenzy by .5 seconds (could be changed for balance) for each survivor you hit while in that FF. For example, you activate FF, hit 3 survivors, cancel the power, and the stun lasts 2.5 seconds instead of 4. This could have some sort of cap so that you didn't hit every survivor multiple times then instadown one by canceling your power instantly, maybe a cap of 2 seconds at the lowest, unaffected by add-ons? this could reduce the need for cold dirt, and reward players for attacking an already injured survivor.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• TwinnedHawks8772

it's the biggest problem with playing legion right now, being punished for playing well.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

@TwinnedHawks8772 You know, I've recommended that exact same thing. In fact, many have. It's so basic yet it'd help Legion so much.

• TwinnedHawks8772

oh, I hadn't actually seen that idea yet. I guess its such a common thing that a lot of people think of it.

• TwinnedHawks8772
    edited November 2020

many of these do not fit or are too strong/unneeded like pausing FF duration while regressing a generator, taking away the miss penalty (which would just lower the amount of counterplay survivors have against Legion and make him more like old Legion), and the 24 meter terror radius would be horrible for balance and it would even mess up his power, making his information ability weaker.

I do agree with some, like not having to have full FF to use it, lowering vault distance or at least giving him a hitbox during vault so he can't be cheesed with a window, and increasing the duration slightly.

also, the idea of every survivor being easily incapacitated literally just stops the match for at least 30 seconds is a really bad idea for a move you're supposed to use at least 10 times a match.

• UnDead_PoLo
    UnDead_PoLo Member Posts: 7

Legion is already pretty OP and the benefit survivors have against him is his stun he gets from missing. Lowering that would be devastating. Increasing his speed shouldn't be an issue but he should be faster than other killers. Not sure why clown is so fast lol.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,086

Legion OP? They are a basic m1 Killer after they injure you with Feral Frenzy, the huge stun gives Survivors so much time to run away that they could probably do a coffee while he's stunned.

What do you mean Clown is so fast? He's the same speed as any other Killer, of course if you don't count when he throws his bottles at you and slows you down.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

This could suck for the last survivor. Just reduce stun by 2s if you didn't hit anyone so you can actually use your ability for mobility

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Why not make the last hit an instant down? I mean that's what you're going for with this change.

Also don't mind the string of injured people. They can heal pretty quickly. What matters is getting an instant down after spamming my power.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Maybe if Legion’s power required some mechanical skill to use, but let’s be honest - it’s extremely easy to hit and the only real “counter” to it is big maps.

I don’t think that such an easy to use power should have a short cooldown. You can injure the entire team with one use of your power if they all spawned together and there’s nothing they can really do about it, and that’s the strength of Legion’s power.

I think @landromat’s suggestion is better - give a shorter cooldown if you don’t injure anyone, so you can more effectively use your power for mobility.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I agree. Legion, currently, you have to hit a survivor, follow in frenzy, fatigue, catch back up, and then M1. To actually down someone, you end up essentially having to being in striking distance thrice, one of those being the fatigue, such that the survivor ALWAYS is able to get to a good loop before you can finish them

1v1, this is fine because we don't want people using FF to tunnel one person down, but it doesn't make sense that Legion essentialy turns into an M1 Killer as long as everyone is injured, like a worse Plague EVEN IF he uses his power to its fullest. Rewarding him for using the power well would be great.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I would rather see a buff to his frenzy duration and speed allowing him to more consistently frenzy everyone than this. The point of legion is to injure everyone quickly, not frenzy into m1 super fast. I feel that would kinda ruin his whole theme and idea, and mean nothing when often you can't even frenzy everyone because of the limited duration.

• TwinnedHawks8772

I think the miss penalty removal is a bad idea because this means 360s don't work on his power at all anymore, which means there's even less counterplay for him than there already is. Legion not being able to do anything about splitting up is the entire point of his counter, just like counters for plague to not use fountains or other counters for other killers. making his terror radius smaller would also just hinder him, reducing the range of his information.

Someone else complained about having little counterplay in this thread, so we don't want to remove even more of that. He is in a perfectly fine place right now, but the most annoying part of playing him is being punished for doing well.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

Ive already suggested something like this but most people were against having both this and cooldown addons

I would suggest it along side an addon rework for those addons