The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Concept (Beast)

Psylent
Psylent Member Posts: 38
  • I'm thinking a werewolf would be a good fit but thats up for discussion. How about a killer whose power is basically a seek and destroy enrage mode. That may sound overpowered at first, so there will have to be some counters. When activated the Beast sniffs the air and howls which alerts everyone to his position and tells them he is on the hunt. After howling, his vision is blurred at the edges (for the entire duration of Hunt mode) like Nurse when she is fatigued and a "scent trail" shows up which leads him to the nearest survivor. Maybe something like a small cloud trail similar in design to Clown's gas balls or a faint red fog trail. Only the Beast can see this trail. In this mode the Beast is on all fours and running (actual speed up for debate, I'm thinking 5.04 m/s like cloaked Wraith). He has a normal terror radius, which doesn't change without perks or addons. This Hunt mode would only last long enough for him to travel about 40-50 meters to be balanced I believe. I don't know how long that calculates to but maybe around 10-15 seconds.
  • If the Hunt ends before he finds a survivor then he gets fatigued like the Nurse does, stands back up on two feet, and his vision clears as does the scent trail. If he finds a survivor while on all fours then he can pounce on them and attempt to injure them. The survivor thats pinned can only struggle to delay the injury. They could be mashing spacebar or hitting skill checks but if they mess up then they get injured sooner. A fellow survivor can rescue them if they make it in time. We'll say the mauling lasts 6 seconds without addons. As to how the survivor rescues the other is up for debate. Maybe they just shove the Beast away or maybe they swat it with a map. Gotta make that map useful somehow lol. Either way, the Beast would be stunned for 4 seconds (affected by Enduring?) and the survivor that was being mauled gets away unscathed.
  • This power would only be allowed to be used outside of a chase and have a cooldown (base time: 30 seconds after Hunt ends?). I was also thinking that while running on all four feet then the Beast can jump through windows as fast as a survivor vaults them (a fast vault). This might be too powerful though. Pallets would not be jumpable. The Beast can choose to ignore the scent trail and run off somewhere else but keep in mind that his vision is somewhat limited during this time.
  • Ideas for addons: Some that increase Hunt Duration, maybe they make the Beast a little slower but still fast to balance it out. Some that decrease the Mauling duration, perhaps at the cost of increased stun time when the survivor is rescued? A Very Rare could decrease the Maul time by 2 seconds with no stun time increase. Whereas an uncommon version might decrease Maul time by 1 second while adding 1 second to the stun time. Rare could be Maul time -2 and stun time +1. These are just suggestions though. With these addons in the game I don't think Enduring should affect his stun from rescues. There could be addons that increase the frequency of scent clouds or visibility of a fog trail, whatever you decide on. Perhaps an addon that gives him clear vision while hunting but removes the scent trail entirely? How about an addon that makes him more enraged as in darkened vision while hunting on top of the blurred edges, but the Beast moves slightly faster? Maybe a version of this that moderately increases speed but has the added penalty of shortened Hunt time? Of course there would be addons that decrease the cooldown time between Hunts. Addons that decrease fatigue time after failed hunts. An Ultra Rare addon could make it so he can kill survivors after mauling them for 15 seconds. Maybe longer or shorter? Should be thoroughly tested to make sure it is balanced. Too long means easily countered. Too short means too easy for Beast. Another Ultra Rare addon could be unlimited Hunt time at the cost of slightly decreased Hunt speed and no scent trail. Hunt mode could become toggled perhaps? Feel free to mix and match these effects for different addon ideas.
  • Possible Perks: Feral- Considerably/Moderately/Slightly darkens vision and removes the killers Red Stain.
    Instinct- Survivors that vault or enter a locker, even quietly, have their auras revealed to you for 1/2/3 seconds.
    Enraged- Increased speed (+0.4 m/s) after being stunned (by pallet or survivor). This effect lasts 3/4/5 seconds.

***This is an old post, my first one. I now realize how poorly designed this killer is and how absurd the perks are. Personally I think if this killer was reworked and properly balanced, it would be too much like the new Legion. So this suggestion is obsolete really. ***

Post edited by Psylent on