Bloodlust compensation

Options
DADDYMYERS1978
DADDYMYERS1978 Member Posts: 43
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

In compensation i believe killers should get SOMETHING in return for survivors being able to basically be more toxic against us. (You can quote me on this)

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

What? Bloodlust is an outdated mechanic and killers already get more points than survivors because they get to interact with the other side all game.

If you consider looping you well enough that you need a booster from bloodlust, then I think you should try to learn to improve at mindgames.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,738
    Options

So you've never benefited from bloodlust? All your chases are 30 seconds or less? I'm pretty sure it takes 15 seconds to gain bloodlust 1 so if you don't need bloodlust then I guess you must have short chases.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Can confirm, tier 1 is 15 seconds. When I play any killer other than Nurse, if a Survivor refuses to drop a pallet I will get to tier 1 bloodlust most chases. If experienced killers say they don't need it and new killers say they do, then what's the point of touching it? If it doesn't affect these people then why fight to get it out of the game?

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,738
    Options

I feel like it's probably mostly survivors saying it so that they can have stronger loops because certain loops unless you're a god mindgamer you can't easily catch survivors at without bloodlust.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

compen-what? we don't do that here.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

If you think you should have bloodlust...it's probably time to drop that particular chase. Once you snap the pallet the entire area is weaker, so if they come back you can bap them much, much easier.

There's no shame in dropping a chase. Don't let survivors control where you're going. You'll find the game much easier.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    Options

With so many nerfs I am liking less and less DbD

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    edited November 2020
    Options

Unsure what to think of this, but in some maps such as the farm ones where multiple loops with little to no mindgames are connected to each other (Long wall Jungle Gym, Shack, Cow Tree, one or two safe hay loops you can see the killer through) bloodlust certainly helps some killers. You can drop chase, sure, but good survivors will easily find their way there. Many purposely take a hit to get to that absurd safety. Bloodlust isn't a solution to it but allows one to punish greed in these scenarios.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Those that mean i should drop a chase after 10 sec because i dont know if you know that but bl tier is at 15 sec

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,059
    Options

It's only temporary to get data. Can we at least wait to see what the results of the test are before we start demanding things in exchange for bloodlust.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

You kinda have to feel it out. Bloodlust was added to help killers deal with infinites, but now that those have been heavily crippled their main use has been kinda meh for a long time.

You're generally trying to catch a survivor out of position or in a dead zone. A lot of generators only have like, one pallet before the area becomes really dangerous. If you injure them, they have to go heal or risk being one shot, but generally what you want to do is control areas around generators. Injure the survivor, snap the pallet they dropped, then go check other generators to make sure survivors aren't using your chase time to repair gens. Rinse repeat and survivors will start to feel the pressure.

...then you get one, two other survivors are injured, one's on the hook and you're free to patrol. Slug one of the injured ones you find and now the other two survivors have to get up and save the other half of their team. It gets nasty real quick.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Bloodlust was the compensation for the old maps and setups.

No longer needed.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334
    Options

There is no need for "compensation" and constantly demanding that things be equal and imagining things as "sides" instead of just "What's healthy for DBD" is paralyzing and counterproductive.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Just because the game gives you bloodlust at 15 seconds doesn’t mean you need bloodlust. It’s an outdated mechanic that was designed to counter infinites.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

'get to' and 'need to' are two different things. I will often end chases before BL1, however often I will end the chase the same moment I get it, too. And the times where the chase is a bit longer, I usually don't need it because it would have been one more loop or a few more seconds and I get a hit, anyway.