Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Only for the worthy, hatch/key idea.

So this is just off the top of my head...

When the hatch appears there is some bars or something covering it. Instead of opening for the last suvivor the bars are gone you may attempt to open it. The attempt awards 500 points in survival regardless of the outcome.

The game then compares your current emblem score against the killers at that point in the match. If your score is equal or greater, the hatch deems you worthy and opens. If it is not, the entity kills you, counting as a sacrifice for the killer.

Keys would lower the threshold needed for the hatch to open. Just spit-balling here but perhaps

• Broken keys make it so that the hatch opens if you have up to 2 lower emblem score
  • Dull keys 3
  • Skeleton keys 5

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

why not just make a more fair mechanic for opening the hatch itself instead of a system you may have had no chance to get a high score in for various reasons. what if you got tunneled or slugged for the majority of the game? what if your team died too fast? what if you just didn't do enough compared to the killer?

that would also be weird to even put in this game imo, people would rather have flat numbers or a clear view on if they can do something. having an invisible scoring system decide your fate would be frustrating and also goes against what the hatch stands for as a way for the last survivor to stand a chance of escaping.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

I think the hatch is not a good mechanic in the game personally and would rather see changes aimed at getting the game to a point where it can be removed. If your team lost your team lost.

• Weeb_H_Toast
    Weeb_H_Toast Member Posts: 195

As of right now, the hatch rewards pour play on the survivor side, it doesn't matter if you let your whole team die, did no objectives, and get a free escape. A better idea would be to evaluate the survivor attempting to escape based on their own current match ranking. Having all scoring categories highly rated would allow safe passage. Say at least more than a collective 18k bloodpoints, this allow the survivor to evaluate their chances of escape from the in-game hud score feedback. A survivor only needs slightly above average in all categories for a match or 2 at max (which is fairly easy for Boldness and Altruism) with minor amounts in another category or category's.

• AChaoticKiller

im just saying that literally nothing else in the game is affected by the emblems but rank, it doesn't make sense to do it with the hatch when what it really needs is just interaction with the killer by making it take time to open along with a few other changes.

i get that people don't like someone who did nothing escaping by hatch but this just doesn't seem likely to even be considered by the devs simply because it is using a score system to decide if you escape when the devs don't support that kind of mechanic anywhere in the game. I'm pretty sure both the devs and the community would rather have a different rework of the hatch that is well... more thought out and mechanically interactive.

• Weeb_H_Toast
    Weeb_H_Toast Member Posts: 195

I didn't say emblems, I said earned bloodpoints in Objectives, Survival, Altruism, and Boldness. This allows the survivor in question to know whether or not it's suicide. Based on how full that little circle was. If not, they wait at an exit gate, and start opening it when the killer closes the hatch.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I have had matches where I don't even want to associate with my teammates. We can't choose who we play with all the time, and I have lost pips to people griefing and just being a general jerk. If I find the hatch and my team is dead, my fat cake is going down the hatch and thats final

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited November 2020

Yeah I get that, but you're also potentially robbing the killer of a kill they deserve for a match they won just because of luck. I'd rather have the players on the team that lost be penalized a bit rather than another player on the other team.

That's also a reason why I say we should get the game to a point where hatch isn't needed, like fixing matchmaking first for example so you don't get those bad teammates nearly as often. They'll be exceptions yeah like boosted players and bad games, but if we can overall have equal teams I think hatch could be safely removed.

Alternatively we could equal the playing field and give the killer something similar to hatch to possibly kill 1 survivor if they have no kills by the end of the game with some objective or something. Maybe something with a blood warden effect. They also can't pick who they play with and might get people way above their level. That would be fair, but not healthy. I think hatch is also unhealthy so unfortunately anything fair would also be so I believe.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited November 2020

you can replace emblem with bloodpoints in my reply and the it would be same point, people would rather have a more thought out rework that is more balanced which is very possible and easy to do unlike mori's.

edit: the problem with hatch isn't how you escape with it, it's how unfair it's implementation is. What it needs is a rework of how it is opened that allows the killer to stop it. If hatch gets reworked you have to also look at how keys work with it and currently keys are OP as hell because when it is used the killer practically loses even if they close hatch because the gates get powered. simply adding interaction between the killer and survivors when it regards opening the hatch is what hatch needs not how survivors escape using it because hatch is honestly fine, its when it is opened with a key that needs looking into.