Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Character stops running (ps4)

neocore
neocore Member Posts: 26

As title says: this is mostly noticeable on survivors, while sprinting, the survivor intermittently stops sprinting and begins walking despite not taking my finger off the run button. Have tested this out on multiple survivors and maps, and while in a call with my friends to test it happening, the killer saw me visibly suddenly stop running, and another survivor player also had the same thing happen as well. I've also had issues when playing killer and they just suddenly stop moving for a second altogether.

This has only been an issue since I picked the game up again since Halloween- never had it happen before, and have played with this group of friends frequently in the past. I am in the UK, so is another friend, the other who was playing the killer at rhe time is in America, if that makes any difference, although I don't see how it would since as I said, I've played with this group before a lot, and it also happens when I am playing alone.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Photocleric
    Photocleric Member Posts: 11

I'm having this problem too. It's kinda annoying losing distance in a chase.

Sometimes the problem resolvs altogether,but it's completely random.

I still don't know what causes it, but you are not alone having this issue.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

You're not alone. I had this problem on PS4 as both sides. This also isn't the first time that this bug has happened. It can completely change the outcome of a match. I managed to get a PS5 so hopefully it doesn't happen there (considering it managed to fix the PS4's optimization problems). If it does then at least we know it's not an optimization problem.

• Big_Papa904
    Big_Papa904 Member Posts: 2

Having the same exact issue and being a higher rank survivor is extremely hard when your survivor doesn't run

• Big_Papa904
    Big_Papa904 Member Posts: 2

If anyone finds a fix to this please update. At first it happened to me once in awhile and now my survivor barley runs its normally just a fast walk and then stops every few seconds.

• josepadgui
    josepadgui Member Posts: 3

I have the same issue on ps4.

• BlakeK
    BlakeK Member Posts: 4

I am also having this issue on PC when I use a PS4 controller.

Since everyone playing on Playstation seems to have this problem I'm wondering if its a software bug on the controller itself.