Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Playing on multiple platforms w/ cross progression.

IanOromis
IanOromis Member Posts: 8
edited November 2020 in Ask the Community

I have been playing this game for a month or so on PS4, and I just recently realised that I also have this game on Steam as well (got it free from somewhere ages ago, most likely).

When I opened it up on Steam for the first time it mention linking accounts. If I do this, can I play this game on my PS4 and PC at the same time? I play with a friend, and this would let us play together if he comes over instead of online chat only kind of thing. If you can't do it, I'll just leave them un-linked. But it would be nice to know for sure if I can.

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You can’t link your PS4 account at all.

Currently only steam and Stadia accounts can be linked, with Switch following soon.

they are still negotiating with Sony and Microsoft but can’t say if crossplay will ever come for those platforms.

that said, I would be still interested in the answer, if anyone knows??

• IanOromis
    IanOromis Member Posts: 8

Yeah, if somebody who has stadia/steam DBD try using both at once? I assume you'll get booted from one or get an "aleady logged in" type error.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I'm assuming Microsoft here applies to the Xbox AND the Windows Store/Xbox Game Pass?

I'm playing this on Xbox Game Pass (on the PC) at the moment, but its literally the only game I play on the pass, so I'm considering cancelling and just buying on Steam.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Yeah the Windows Store version is currently also not included in the cross progression, no transfer from it to steam possible..

Hopefully they will eventually get it for all platforms..

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

OK thanks Mooks.

Already got a few rare achievements so considering keeping this game on Xbox for now, I guess I could just cancel the game pass and buy it through the store anyway