If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Are Pallets too Rewarding?

Options
Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Killers and Survivors alike accept and understand that gameplay around looping pallets is primarily encouraged by stunning the killer with pallets as a successfull pallet stun rewards the player with 1000 Bloodpoints. However I must ask, why is that pallet stun so point rewarding? Stunning a killer for a handful of seconds rewards the Survivor with 2x the value of a Hook Sabotage, 4x the value of a Flashlight Blind, 20% of an escape 80% of a generator, and roughly 60% of a hook rescue. Compared to most survivor actions this seems just a bit odd as a pallet stun is far from a difficult thing to do. I'm just curious as to why such a skillless task is so rewarding. If it was up to me I'd lower the reward by 50% from 1000 bloodpoints to 500 bloodpoints. It just seems to me that 1000 points for a such a small stun doesn't make sense. I'm each to hear everyone's thoughts on this matter.

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

I agree. The thing I absolutely hated most about the old way survivors pipped by just gaining bloodpoints was that just 1 decent length chase with about 2 or 3 stuns would give 5k bloodpoints in boldness, and that is already half way to a pip, and guaranteed safety pip.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    In the same vein, why are dull totems 600 points for 14s? Toward the boldness category of all things?

Meanwhile gens are around 1400 for 80 seconds, while being the main objective in the game.

There's no point in lowering pallet BP if you're not going to increase generator BP. As if the survivor grind wasn't bad enough.
  • Peasant
    Options
    I find that the point value of totems is fine as there's only 5 of them in an entire trial and sometimes totems go undiscovered. However pallets have well known locations and are greater in number which is the primary reason why I question their value.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I don't think stuns are too rewarding.
    I don't think dull totems are too rewarding either.
    I think that generators and escapes aren't rewarding enough, tho.

I don't feel like survivor do need BP nerf. The BP gain isn't that great already, overall, especially compared to killers.
    Tho, I feel like something like more points for gens would be a nice thing, along with a survival mecanic such as BP depending on the outcome of the match such as bonus/malus %BP on sacrifice/escape.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Killers and Survivors alike accept and understand that gameplay around looping pallets is primarily encouraged by stunning the killer with pallets as a successfull pallet stun rewards the player with 1000 Bloodpoints. However I must ask, why is that pallet stun so point rewarding? Stunning a killer for a handful of seconds rewards the Survivor with 2x the value of a Hook Sabotage, 4x the value of a Flashlight Blind, 20% of an escape 80% of a generator, and roughly 60% of a hook rescue. Compared to most survivor actions this seems just a bit odd as a pallet stun is far from a difficult thing to do. I'm just curious as to why such a skillless task is so rewarding. If it was up to me I'd lower the reward by 50% from 1000 bloodpoints to 500 bloodpoints. It just seems to me that 1000 points for a such a small stun doesn't make sense. I'm each to hear everyone's thoughts on this matter.

It's not guaranteed to get that stun, so getting 1k points is not a problem. Getting a pallet stun is the most life threatening thing on the list of actions you made in your post since the survivor is in full attention of the killer and they are 'dancing' with them trying not to get hit. Those other actions are not so life threatening so therefore, they grant less points.

• Peasant
    Options
    You know, that's actually a good point. Besides pallets are getting a rework so honestly those points will be well earned. Runiver's idea of more points for objectives is also a very good idea as a larger reward might encourage more "teamwork" in the trials when it comes to repairs.