Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Game Crashes After Intro Scene

butter
butter Member Posts: 2

I have 700hrs in DBD and I haven't experienced anything like this...The game keeps crashing on me after the intro scene even if I let it play...

Here are the things I've tried so far...

1. Reinstalling the game now about 5 times including deleting everything in AppData
  2. Verifying the files 6 - 8 times
  3. Updating Drivers
  4. Rolling Back Drivers
  5. Setting Launch Options to -novid
  6. Running as Administrator
  7. Running in Compatibility Mode
  8. Turning off Overlays for Nvidia, Discord, Steam and anything else I can think of
  9. Relaunching Steam / Reinstalling Steam (this shouldn't matter)

I'm starting to run out of ideas... Anyone or can any devs help me with this matter?

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Red_Dwarf
    Red_Dwarf Member Posts: 54

I've been experiencing something similar. Finally discovered closing Discord solves it. Not sure why

• Schultzy1988
    Schultzy1988 Member Posts: 3

Same issue. Discord isn’t installed but friend everything. I have a really good PC and have 300+ hours on the game and it crashes after the cutscene of the new DLC. I give up and this was one of my favorite games. It is a shame...

• butter
    butter Member Posts: 2

Sad that I reported this back in November and still no solution, I've reached out to the devs and they made me run a benchmark test, LOL. Which my computer is actually pretty decent. Then asked me to get files that did not exist on my computer. They still have not gotten back to me and it's been about 2 weeks now. This is really sad as they have multiple people who have supported paid for a ton of DLC yet they cannot find a solution or even have the courtesy to get back to their players.

• amphetavin
    amphetavin Member Posts: 15

did any of y'all ever find a fix