If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

DECEPTION PERK Not Working As Intended!

Options
ReviloDBD
ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582

Hello,

I'm writing because I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this, I have tested it in multiple games now to be sure and this has happened to me in every match for 5 matches or so now testing the new Survivor Perk: Deception!

I have noticed that the perk only "works" about 50% of the time for me, for example, half of the time I have the Perk Available while Sprinting to a locker, my character not only makes the loud noise notification but also *Jumps into the Locker*

This has gotten me caught and hooked multiple times, even though I wasn't supposed to enter the Locker.. I was just trying to trigger Deception and run passed it to get into a different locker.

The reason I am to believe that this is a Bug is because I have managed to successfully use Deception as well, where I run by a Locker Sprinting and trigger the noise notification without jumping into the locker..

But definitely, for me personally, at least HALF the time, I jump in the locker, and before anyone asks if I am sure that the Perk is not on Cooldown, the answer is Yes I am certain that the Perk is not on Cooldown I see it lit up.

The other thing I noticed is during these times where the Perk: Deception does not function as intended, and I do jump into the locker, even if I had Quick & Quiet and Head On available before going into the Locker, both become Unavailable once I enter the locker.. meaning that they are no longer lit up/active and are dark, and Head On for example doesn't load up at all.. I am unable to Head On whatsoever when Deception fails and I jump in a Locker.

Similarly I also lose the capability to use Quick & Quiet to leave the Locker if I want to. So Deception literally messes up my entire Locker gameplay 100% in these situations..

Sure it has worked successfully as well a few times, but it is very inconsistent and I am quite certain this is a bug that needs to be looked at please! The way that Deception is Supposed to work, as I have been able to pull it off a few times, is that you Trigger Deception on a Locker - then run passed into a second nearby locker, and wait for Killer to open the Wrong Locker first, then either lose your trail or walk by you and give you a chance to Head On the Killer and start running away again. However, when your character dives in to the locker that you are trying to Deception, it ruins the whole play completely, and not only are you caught, but because you lose the ability to Head On - you actually can't do anything except eat a hit or take the hook.

Please look into this, Deception sounds like a really fun perk and I just spent 1 million bloodpoints getting it on my main. Thank you very much for your time & assistance, have a nice day!

14 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

This should be fixed with today's 4.4.2 update

Comments

• ReviloDBD
    Options

I noticed another person had an issue with Deception causing "Exhaustion" - and I wonder if that has anything similar to do with why the Perk isn't working as I mentioned in my above post?

Also, has anyone else experienced this same issue as me using the Perk: Deception yet?

I must not be the only one that it fails and actually has my character jump into a Locker when they are not supposed to..

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    Options

I just came here to post about this. I also have it only work about half the time. I stopped using it because I can't get it to work right consistently.

• DBD_Asteria
    DBD_Asteria Member Posts: 36
    Options

maybe you doublepress it? first press triggers deception, second makes you jump into the locker

• ReviloDBD
    Options

Hmm, I don't believe that this is the case, also wouldn't explain why Head On doesn't activate if I'm already in the Locker this way either, but I'll try to pay attention and make sure that's not what is going on! Ty

Strange thing though as one other person has now also mentioned, I tested it today and played another 20 matches probably, it worked correctly about 60% of the time now, but still 40% of the time it failed.

• ReviloDBD
    Options

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone at least.. means they will probably look into it! Fingers Crossed!

• cannonballB
    edited December 2020
    Options

I just remembered something about this. When it happens, it acts normal when you go in but when you come out, you start to clip out before the doors open. It's the only time I've seen that animation where the person was coming out of the locker before it opened.

I'm going to throw it on today when I play and I'll report back.

• Porky_123
    Porky_123 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I have been using this perk and it would be such a great perk to be able to use, but I've had the same problem were it puts you into the locker and when exiting you can see a bit of the character sticking out of the locker door. It was very annoying because it has got me killed so many times. I also found when it didn't work and the game would put me in the locker the perk cool down would start; saying that the perk had been used, just like sprint burst or any perks with a cool down. (Goes from being lit up to have the red timer thing go around the perk icon.)

I hope the devs can fix it soon so I can have some fun with it in the game, and bug free. All I'm hoping for is that it does get fixed :).

• Porky_123
    Options

Also I am very new to the DBD forum but I am happy to be apart of it now :).

• cannonballB
    edited December 2020
    Options

Literally in a game right now on the hook. happened again. Another note: it also trips the actual perk so it goes on cooldown. back to game - out of 3 times this game it worked once. One thing that I noted but don't know if it matters - there were two lockers together both times.

Edit - 3 more games, what it seems like to me is if you're facing the locker as if you're going to enter it, you jump in. If I'm running alongside it and slightly apart from it, it seems to work right. If you're sprinting with that perk, it should disable entering lockers I'd think? But I dont know. And definitely if you go into the locker, the perk shouldn't go on cooldown definitely.

Post edited by cannonballB on
  • cannonballB
    Options

Sorry for the double post but welcome :) I'm glad it's not just us two that are seeing it!

• Porky_123
    Options

Yeah for sure. I’m really hoping it gets fixed soon because I think it will be a really fun perk to use and pretty funny as well 😂

• Luzbeliten
    Luzbeliten Member Posts: 15
    Options

Just commenting to say this happens to me too. I can't believe this bug made it to the live game. Upvoted

• Porky_123
    Options

I mean I think it has something to do with covid and not very many people in the studio and it already a relatively small dev studio

• Porky_123
    Options

I am really hoping this perk gets fixed soon because I want to use it and Elodie.

• cannonballB
    Options

Happened today twice out of 3 times total in the match. ARGH

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Sounds like Deception is working... pretty deceptively.

• cannonballB
    Options

I haven't seen anything, but is this a known bug or are we screaming into the dark here? Happened 3 out of 4 times today. The text says you can no longer jump into lockers while sprinting so I... guess that does'nt turn off XD

This discussion has been closed.