Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

(STEAM) Huntress stuck in wind-up animation

Bwsted
Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
  • See the linked video for visual reference of what I describe below.
  • This bug occurred while winding up a hatchet near a pallet as a survivor dropped it.
  • A stun didn't happen on my screen. I couldn't to determine if a stun happened for the survivor, because they were on console and couldn't provide any feedback after the match.
  • From that point on, I was stuck in a pose with left arm up as if holding a hatchet, but without one in hand, moving at reduced speed and unable to give any mouse input, either directional or clicks.
  • Only the WASD keys worked. Q and E didn't turn the camera.
  • It was impossible to interact with any object. Approaching a pallet, generator, or hatch didn't provide the prompt to kick/close.
  • Getting pallet stunned didn't resolve the issue and no visible stun even occurred on my end.
  • Flashlight blinds didn't solve the problem either.
  • Unplugging and re-plugging mouse and keyboard didn't have any effect.
  • According to the survivors (see end of the linked video) my character had no animation and no collision.

POSSIBLE STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Step 1 : Play the Huntress with the specified load-out and map.

Step 2 : Wind up a hatchet near a pallet as a survivor drops it.

Step 3 : Pretty good job so far.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Character played: Huntress
  • Perks played: I'm All Ears, BBQ, Monitor & Abuse, Corrupt Intervention
  • Add-ons: Berus Toxin and Bandaged Haft
  • Map: Dead Dawg Saloon
  • Frequency of the issue: unknown, only this once so far.

DOCUMENTS

NOTE: names are not censored because there's no name & shaming in the footage. The survivors actually tried to help and they were good sports and we also had a good laugh post match. Props to them if anything.

The bug occurring is shown at the very beginning. The remainder shows everything I tried to resolve, plus the tally screen and the chat with the survivors describing their POV of the issue.

• Logs