We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Leatherface buff ideas

Options
IronWolf115
IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I know that there are other killers in more desperate need of buffs than Leatherface, however I still feel he needs some love. I think his main issue is that his chainsaw is far too unreliable especially compared against a killer like Hillbilly. What I mean by that is that up close, Hillbillys chainsaw is still better to use than Leatherface' because of less of the risk of hitting a wall and being stuck in a tantrum, or having to follow the survivor as they move around dodging the chainsaw.

With all this in mind I have thought of a couple of possible buffs for him:

1. The most obvious one is an increase in his charge speed for the chainsaw, this would make him more formiddable at close range and make survivors panic more when they know the chainsaw is being revved.

2. He moves faster when in the chainsaw sprint. If a charge speed increase is not in the cards then perhaps him moving faster when he is using the chainsaw would make the payoff more rewarding

3. Moves at normal speed when revving up the chainsaw. This would also help him out because he wouldnt lose any distance on the survivors when he is charging his chainsaw thus making the chainsaw a bit more reliable in its ability to hit.

These are a few ideas I have had for him just to give him a bit more uniqueness over The Hillbilly. My aim with this is to keep Hillbilly really good at covering long distance, but make Leatherface more formiddable than him at close range. Other things I have heard are to give him an Ultra Rare add-on which would be nice, or to give him a unique status effect when he is revving the chainsaw near survivors, like a panic effect to make them function worse ( similar to The Doctors madness ).

Overall though I just want Leatherface to be less reliant on add-ons, and that add-ons just make him even more formiddable rather than them being the way to make him viable. I hope the devs see this, thank you for reading through it all and please let me know what you think!

Post edited by IronWolf115 on

Comments

• Karimizo
    Karimizo Member Posts: 4
    Options

I agree Leatherface should be buffed a bit and I think your second point is a good idea. Leatherface should be one of the best killer close range, but he isn't. He is too slow and it's too easy to loop him right now. Some of his add-ons are really aweful too, wich makes it harder to get good add-ons from the bloodweb.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

Just give him pretty women cosmetic. Everyone would be awe-struck just gazing at her beautiful RADIANCE

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
    Options
    1. Rework Sprint Burst because it hard counters his power (as well as Freddy/Pig/Wraith)
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Him moving at normal speed while revving the chainsaw, or at least at 100% speed, would be super nice to have tbh. It would give him more mindgames at pallets where he could rev the chainsaw to make the survivor not to want to drop the pallet, and then commit in with the rush to try to get the one shot.

It would be similar to Billy in that matter, doing this kind of stuff :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhlVUtcWwY

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Can I veto any buffs whatsoever to this guy just purely on the basis he brought such troll ass perks into the game :D

• Runiver
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:
    Can I veto any buffs whatsoever to this guy just purely on the basis he brought such troll ass perks into the game :D

Which one exactly ?
    BBQ and chili that allowed people to play killer again since people were dropping it to play survivor with WGLF ?
    Franklin's that is one of the only effective way to play against full geared survivors ?
    Or knock out that is largely countered by voice com ?

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Runiver said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Which one exactly ?
    BBQ and chili that allowed people to play killer again since people were dropping it to play survivor with WGLF ?
    Franklin's that is one of the only effective way to play against full geared survivors ?

I'm joking buddy :) - just hate it when I get clubbed and drop my goddamn key xD

• Runiver
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:

@Runiver said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Which one exactly ?

I'm joking buddy :) - just hate it when I get clubbed and drop my goddamn key xD

kek
    I'll drop that here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qsOgF0jnk

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Runiver said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Runiver said:

@TeambossFloze said:

Which one exactly ?

kek
    I'll drop that here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qsOgF0jnk

It is annoying as hell when someone keeps ramming that flash light down your face :( - - great vid btw

• IronWolf115
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hey, thanks for your positive feedback! Another idea that I actually thought of yesterday is perhaps make it so that when Leatherface breaks a pallet with his chainsaw, instead of stopping his sprint, he actually carries on his sprint through the pallet. What do you guys think?

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Karimizo said:
    I agree Leatherface should be buffed a bit and I think your second point is a good idea. Leatherface should be one of the best killer close range, but he isn't. He is too slow and it's too easy to loop him right now. Some of his add-ons are really aweful too, wich makes it harder to get good add-ons from the bloodweb.

Thats exactly it, I feel Billy should have better long range capabilities, but Leatherface should be far more deadly up close. Especially because he has no tools to close the distance, you just have to kind of run at survivors.

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Him moving at normal speed while revving the chainsaw, or at least at 100% speed, would be super nice to have tbh. It would give him more mindgames at pallets where he could rev the chainsaw to make the survivor not to want to drop the pallet, and then commit in with the rush to try to get the one shot.

Yes that would be real nice, and I hadnt actually though of it like that with mindgames so you make a very good point. I hope the devs come here to see some of the feedback from you guys!

• Runiver
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

Yes that would be real nice, and I hadnt actually though of it like that with mindgames so you make a very good point. I hope the devs come here to see some of the feedback from you guys!

It could be actually even deadlier on LF, since he could simply commit under the pallet after doing this and start to swing to eventually catch up on big loops, making him an actual threat in this kind of situation since you wouldn't only risk a M1 like you would with Billy.

It would give him a REAL possibility and some interesting mecanics to match up with Billy.

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Just give him pretty women cosmetic. Everyone would be awe-struck just gazing at her beautiful RADIANCE

Lol, I think all that cosmetic would do right now is make him feel more violated when he gets pallet looped and then tea-bagged. I would love that cosmetic though I have to say

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

It could be actually even deadlier on LF, since he could simply commit under the pallet after doing this and start to swing to eventually catch up on big loops, making him an actual threat in this kind of situation since you wouldn't only risk a M1 like you would with Billy.

It would give him a REAL possibility and some interesting mecanics to match up with Billy.

Yes, exactly. My ultimate aim with Leatherface is not about making him the new nurse where he is a huge counter to a lot of things, my aim really is to make it so that there are areas where Hillbilly is better than LF, and areas where LF is better than Billy. Whereas right now, it feels like that balance really isnt there. I know the devs said that they are focused on buffing Freddy and Wraith right now which is great, I just hope after that they may give Leatherface some love as well.

• IronWolf115
    Options

Also if I am being a bit more harsh, it is kind of dumb that you essentially counter LF chainsaw by looping a tree.

• Runiver
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

Yes, exactly. My ultimate aim with Leatherface is not about making him the new nurse where he is a huge counter to a lot of things, my aim really is to make it so that there are areas where Hillbilly is better than LF, and areas where LF is better than Billy. Whereas right now, it feels like that balance really isnt there. I know the devs said that they are focused on buffing Freddy and Wraith right now which is great, I just hope after that they may give Leatherface some love as well.

Ye, at the moment he only shines against ######### rescuers that have hard time to estimate when it's safe to rescue and when it's not. It's also obviously up to Leatherface to create these kind of situations, but still, it's usually very situational and rareful.

He definitely needs a few more tricks in the book in order for me to play it at least.

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Runiver said:

Ye, at the moment he only shines against ######### rescuers that have hard time to estimate when it's safe to rescue and when it's not. It's also obviously up to Leatherface to create these kind of situations, but still, it's usually very situational and rareful.

He definitely needs a few more tricks in the book in order for me to play it at least.

Yep, exactly. I hve to admit im losing some hope for the devs to see this because it seems they havent replied to anyone in the forums in a while. But still this discussion will be here at least and maybe they will come across it.