The Nightmare Should Be Used As A Reference For Changing Other Killers

Options
TheButcher
TheButcher Member Posts: 871
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

The only reason why Freddy does so well is because he is balanaced. Good survivors have no issue against him. Bad survivors complain the game is boring because they refuse to do gens, and get distracted by his power.

This should be a base reference for all Killers. All Killers should have the ability to traverse the map quickly, to create an additional objective for survivors to distract them from their objective, an ability to scout survivors, and have the ability to make looping more difficult.

The only reason Freddy does so well, is because he has all of this, and the Killer playerbase finally has a balanced killer that can reflect all of their skill.

People say he's an easy mode killer, but on the contrary new freddy's suck till they learn the basics of the game. People say he is boring to face, because they can't bully a Killer that can actually act as the power role in a match. People say he is easy to go against, because he actually is - as everything he can do comes with sound/visual notifications, can be avoided, and countered. Playing against him is easy, when you learn how to actually play survivor.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280
    Options

Alternatively there is the doctor, who was tuned even less than Bubba was.

• Cerebral_Harlot
    Cerebral_Harlot Member Posts: 280
    Options

At the same time, I can see the benefit to having a killer that is both easier to play and still quite powerful.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

How is Bubba " very strong"? You use a few windows against him and he's a regular m1 killer

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,156
    Options

Freddy rework is what I want all Killers to be.

Not op at anything, but basekit has full of tools to pick and use. (able to see highlight, slow Gen down, passively put to sleep, ignore BT arent ok though)

I love to see Killers have more tools in basekit like Fred, PH, or at least Doctor. Hope Clown & Trapper, Hag get a similar rework.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 606
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yeah sure his weakness is you staying awake, but your missing something very crucial, and that is that all the options to wake up work in his favor. Blow up a gen? You just revealed your location and lost process. go to the other side of the map to wake up? You wasted a ton of time going there. Get a teammate to wake you up? Now it takes even more time to wake up, and plus if he hits you you go to sleep and from there your incredibly vulnerable.

Even though Freddy isn't the strongest killer, he has one of if not the 2nd most powerful base kit in the game. He has really good anti loop, he can teleport to gens, he has natural slowdown (Sleep mechanic), he counters BT, and one other thing I forgot. Freddy is literally just Demogorgon on steroids', and speaking of Demogorgon, lets look at his base kit since its sort of similar to Freddy's. Demo has anti loop but it can be baited and will leave you with a short stun, he can teleport from anywhere from the map but he has to take some time to place it down and then when he teleports to it he has a global audio queue. You can also remove his portals, although it takes a bit of time. Even despite all of this, most players will say that Demo is quite balanced, although most (including me) do agree that he needs a bit of buffs, but then he'll be truly balanced. How is it fair that Freddy just gets Demos base kit on steroids without a single drawback?

Edit: Also forgot to mention that how is it fair that Freddy is one of the easiest killers to play despite having one of the most powerful base kits in the game? Imagine if nurse or Hillbilly were as easy to play as Freddy is. It would be the equivalent of giving nurse 4 blinks base kit and giving Hillbilly instasaw and Doom engravings base kit.

• TheButcher
    Options
  • TheButcher
    Options

If you would actually read it - typical Survivor mindset. Games too easy for them, so they refuse to learn how to actually play the game to get good.

• TheButcher
    Options

When you know his counters - he's just an m1 killer with audio/visual notifications for everything he does.

Don't worry when you actually get good at Survivor the only Killers you're going to have a problem with is Nurse and Spirit (and Nurse isn't even much of a problem anymore).

• TheButcher
    Options

I am reading just fine, but if you think he's not easy to beat. Then you just gotta get better at the game. I literally have a harder time against most Clowns than I do Freddy. Some Clown got bottles coming from no where, while Freddy gotta spit blood for a good dance before he ever shows his face.

• FrostySeal
    Options

Don't waste time going across the map? Ok, well one of his options to wake up isn't viable. Also, STRAWMAN. I NEVER said I wanted all killers to just be M1 killers who can be looped indefinitely. I just don't want killers like Freddy who not only have a massive base kit but are braindead easy to play. If a killer is going to have as much stuff as Freddy, make them difficult to play. What if I can't save someone? If someone else saves then going over there to be waken up is a waste of time. Also you didn't mention this but if you get woken up by a teammate once, the next time you get waken up by them it will take MUCH longer to do, all the way to 16 seconds which is a ginormous waste of time. Even if Freddy is chasing someone, if you blow up a gen that's still a lot of time your wasting and your alerting the Freddy which gen is being worked on so if the person whos chasing him is giving him a rough time he will teleport to your gen, screwing you over. Waste of time. For each survivor that is asleep, his power tele regenerates even faster and that's without including addons, so even if he teleports to you the positives beat out the negatives. He can also cancel out his teleport which will prevent it from being used, and since the global audio queue doesn't tell you if he's faked it or not, you can still be teleported too if you guess wrongly. You still fall asleep passively so even if you loop Freddy for a bit you'll go to sleep soon, and from there your incredibly vulnerable.

None of the options to wake up is good, the only good one is if you go to a teammate who is awake and get them to wake you up ONCE, anything after that will waste your time even more and slow down the game. Because he already has natural slowdown, if you combine his power with Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer he becomes 2x more powerful and will more often then not, win, or at the very least get 2 kills. Also I'm assuming that the survivors are playing decently optimal, and more often then not they aren't going to be playing that optimal, thus leading to a loss.

• TheButcher
    Options

Read my responses again. What did I say about being asleep while working on a gen, compared to being in chase. When does it actually matter? Can you ignore being asleep? The only braindead thing I am seeing so far, is attempts at gaslighting people into thinking Freddy is.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Maybe, I feel like having a chase ability and map traversal ability could get a bit stale in terms of diversity. Maybe for some killers there should be just one base ability that helps them in a chase and get around like Oni or hillbilly. But not a bad idea, having a power for map pressure and chasing potential sounds nice, just remember that a mix of both can be interesting and keep things (ideas or abilities of killers) much more fresh and unique.

• TheButcher
    Options

Same Rank. I have over 7000 hours in the game though. I deffiently find it easier to win as Spirit. I have an easier time with Nurse than Spirit. It also surprises me that players still don't understand that Rank, and game time doesn't matter. The idea that you guys are not facing good survivors back to back to back is showing you clearly are not good enough at the game yet.

Hopefully when the MMR system get's properly implemented it will be an eye opener for you, but I doubt that based on your so far close mindedness.

• TheButcher
    edited December 2020
    Options

I told you how to counter that too. Maybe because Freddy does take time to learn as well, which is obvious with how weak he is against the best.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 306
    Options

His power is too easy to use, has too many bells and whistles, and his power affects survivors NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. This is a perfect case of OVER tuning a character.

• FrostySeal
    Options

I brought up way more points then he's a braindead killer, don't ignore them. I brought up reasons on why playing survivor normally doesn't "counter" him. Your refusing to acknowledge any of my points and are instead just spewing out nothing of substance. I'm fine with Deathslinger, I'm fine with Nurse, I'm fine with almost every killer in the game except for a select few, Freddy included.

• FrostySeal
    Options

Amazing! I brought up many points on how all of Freddy's "counters" aren't actually counters and instead of responding on how I'm wrong you redirect me to your previous statement which was what I was responding to!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,801
    Options

The devs said Freddy's kill rate is too high so they're going to rework him. Whatever any of us think, the devs have decided he's too strong, and that being the case they're definitely not going to use how he currently is as a reference for future killer reworks.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

The Nightmare is boring af to vs and to play as. He isn't even fun to play he is just strong for how stupidly easy he is to play. I'm a killer main and I strongly believe killers should be the power role but Freddy is way to strong for how PISS EASY he is to play. It's not that I think Freddy is OP, he is mid tier at best, not even top 5 in terms of raw power; but he is a pug stomper, a good SWF will make short work of Freddy but solo ques get run over by him more than any other killer.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

The only problem Freddy has is his slowdown add-ons, take that away and he is balanced.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I think people are caught up on the fact that he's easy to play as that's irrelevant to how strong he is.

The game would and probably still will die if we had no easy to learn but good killers just look at the (Nearly dead)Arena shooter genre for what happens when you have no easy to learn characters.

For his balance:The main thing I'd hope they would test first on freddy is just removing his passive generator slowdown add-ons as they are simply 2 extra slowdown perks in his build letting him overcap the normal slowdown perk cap of 4.

If that isn't enough I'd double his initial sleep timer and if needed increase the clock's sleep timer to two minutes to try to force freddy to get hits if he wants to use his dream projection a lot early into the game.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I've won against good survivors dude.

Literally played a 4 stack of my friends, some of the best survivors on Xbox, a few weeks ago. I got a 2k on Haddonfield (I offered it BTW), and because I was trying to meme and they were playing really sweaty (they didn't know it was me). After 2 gens popped I decided to just play normal, and I had 1 dead and my friend dead to rights but I dropped him on hatch. Had I played a normal build and played serious from the beginning of the game (and offered a map that favors killer, IDK Midwich) I could have definitely got a 3k, possibly 4k against some of the best survivors on the platform IN A 4 STACK.

So yea I've played against many good survivors.

Oh and before you say anything about me being on Xbox, I was forced into crossplay when I got my Series X and I honestly find it easier than playing on Xbox no crossplay because literally 90% of games on Xbox no crossplay are 4 stacks. It's almost not even a challenge most of the time with crossplay on.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,997
    Options

I know this sounds weird, but I don’t want dbd to have a Meta Knight