I casually drank 2 beers in the time it took for me to get a Survivor game

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65
    Options

A beer a day is good for you, don't just go getting plastered three times a day you'll be fine lol

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

I know everyone makes this claim at some point but I wouldn't say my ability suffers all that much. I still hit my skill checks, I still make perfectly timed/distanced lunges and slash people's feet as they vault through windows. Just last night I got 3 kills with Ghost Face, only my 2nd game with him and no perks, add-ons, etc. A drink or two between games on the survivor side makes the wait a little more bearable at least haha (lol @ "shaky mummy red wine time," love that show)

• Hyd
    Options

It can be tough. I've been playing just over a month myself and felt pretty overwhelmed with the choices in survivors, killers, the perks, add-ons and offerings... It's a lot to be presented with and have absolutely no idea about.

What killer did you start with? Not all of them are the same at low level when you're lacking perks and add-ons, so you may have chosen one that's just hard by default at low level.

I tried Hag first, immediately hated it. Then I went to Wraith and did a little better but hated the delay he has going from invisible to visible. Then I went to Nurse and started dominating pretty quickly. People here say Nurse is the hardest Killer to master, but she's also the A+ tier Killer because her Power, once you get the hang of it, essentially nullifies Survivor's biggest defense/escape strategy - looping, doors, windows, pallets, etc - she can just teleport passed it all. It does take a few games to get used to but imo, not nearly as difficult as people here make it sound. I leveled her up quite quickly, got all purple perks of the perks I care to use, and actually got bored because winning was too easy. I then moved on to other Killers.

Give Nurse a shot if you haven't already! She's strong from the start without any perks but obviously only gets better the more you unlock for her. Freddy (The Nightmare) is also a great starting Killer that doesn't really need any help and is super forgiving - easier to play than Nurse and almost just as effective.

• Hyd
    Options
  • siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    Options

The queues got slower for me when console players came in. How bvhr managed that, I'll never know.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

Lol, what? You know games are for fun, right? Popping open a wine cooler & playing survivor with friends on Discord is like the only thing that makes this game fun sometimes.

• Hyd
    Options

I think they just meant that if I'd come in here drunk and complained that, as Survivor, the Killer completely owned me, and I tried blaming it on that particular Killer being OP, or Survivors not having enough good perks or something, then my complaint shouldn't be taken seriously because obviously, being drunk probably would have had more to do with my loss than anything else.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

And look forward to even longer cue times after this Mori nerf

• mintchapstick
    Options

I mean, sure, but no one even complained about anything other than the queue time & I've seen him in other threads. He thinks DBD is some kind of competitive E-Sport.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020
    Options

oh yeah, then you would see more rank 15 and 14 killers having rainbow matches or facing purple/red twf and would lose more of those killers that used to not care or know better until all that would be left would be the sweat factories making those 20+ minute queues really worth the wait ha ha ha. That is what I can't to read about happening. People are gonna be doing overtime at the salt mines this weekend. It's gonna be ten times more fun reading all of the talk over the game than actually playing it any more lol. This might be the big one boys... I should have gotten predator while it was on sale but at least Cyberpunk unlocks tomorrow night.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited December 2020
    Options

I had the wait times hit 11 to 14 and a half minutes on the long queue one night last week as survivor purple on ps5 (with crossplay enabled) but noticed the past day or two they had gone down to about the times you mentioned roughly. You may not notice the true effects of this until the weekend warriors hit and already dealt with a couple bad swf games. And even if you manage to 4k them, it can still have been a very bad game. That is only fun for the swf if they're the 'annoy and/or obstruct and save as much as possible' type of twf. Even when it gets them killed, while it may feel like a satisfying outcome, getting there is often not very fun. Especially when it feels like they are doing it to deliberately screw with you. After a couple of those games, a killer might bring up a mori, and be like "#########" and then "oh hell na" and if they also play survivor would then clog up survivor queues or at the least deprive the game of yet another killer for a while and on the weekend while more killers seem to play more survivors also play and that's when it might be first felt.

If the queue times shoot up over the weekend, it'll wind up being more fun standing back and watching the disaster unfold than actually playing the game so I'm really looking forward to late saturday/sunday steam discussions and forums here lol. I'm getting giddy anticipating all the salt from both sides this weekend. And in the aftermath of this patch, both sides are gonna have many who's sole goal while playing will be to make the other side as miserable as possible so the streams are gonna be good too. Every other game is gonna be pure hell for one side or the other after the weekend I bet, with no reprieve. It is gonna be great. Merry Christmas dbd. Even double bloodpoints won't make me wanna sit through next week's queues, but if things get bad enough you'll probably get double bloodpoints.

• zeddymac26
    zeddymac26 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Weird I have the complete opposite issue. I usually main survivor and get matches super quick no problems. I swear as soon I decide to play killer I'm waiting like 30+ minutes to get a game started and I use ethernet connection with 450 mbps. Eventually I give up and just go back to playing survivor. Super annoying.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Look forward to longer ones in the future.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,586
    Options

Then I hope you're playing in a 4-man group that is comfortable with that, because I'd hate to have a drinker or dope smoker on my team who has no interest in winning because they're too busy having 'fun'.

• mintchapstick
    Options

A DRINKER OR DOPE SMOKER. Holy cow, you're cracking me up, my guy.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

So many people triggered by the mention of beers. Lots of kids on here I think

• SocialDistomancy
    Options

those are the swf that are totally fine, drunk or stoned or not from the killer side of the game. It sounds like the kind you would be in yourself are the kind that ruin the game for killers and solo survivors when you're in a 3 man and think of them as disposable. Most people just trying to have fun on the game themselves probably won't have a problem with the drinker as long as he's not so drunk he's falling asleep or running in circles.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I've had nights like that. I stopped playing the game about two weeks ago because that's how long it was taking. The challenges make things miserable for survivor mains when queue times are that long. If you're lucky, you're only spending half the time you're "playing" DBD sitting in the lobby.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

It feels like every four survivors I cut down, four more pop up in their place.

How many of them are you!?

• Opeth32
    Opeth32 Member Posts: 9
    Options

I get almost instant survivor games but when I play killer its almost always 15 to 20 minute wait

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,586
    Options

Well I just hope they stay the heck out of my survivor lobbies. It's one of the reasons why usually with my SWF, it's either 3 or 4 of us on together or none at all. Randoms' skill level is too unpredictable and usually it's quite low. If people want to have fun instead of win, they should stay in green ranks instead of dragging us red ranks down and making us depip.