What’s Everyone’s Dream Change For DbD?

title, what would everyone like changed?

for me it would have to be

-Struggling on stage 2 to be removed, it’s so annoying mashing buttons (worse feeling when you die to a mini lag spike or minor miss click too)

-Pig to get buffed, she’s just everyone’s favourite piggy

-Spirit to get counterplay, obviously when your in chase with her your kinda just dead lmao. no counterplay or nothing

-Wraith to be buffed. he needs some love >:(

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Does the addition of an Alien chapter count as a change?

but the second stage struggle is also a good one. I had high hopes to see it gone fast after the introduction of PH..

Quentin face rework.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,721
    edited December 2020

Quite a few things but of the ones that come to mind at the moment.

-2nd stage struggling to be replaced with the Pyramid Head cage mechanic.

-Bots for custom match/single player custom match so you can practice killers or just look at the new maps.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2020

FOV sliders

Old Billy animations

Simplified bloodweb items (including removing the ######### stupid perk tiers that shouldn't be in the game anymore. It's inexcusable.)

Deathslinger and Hag to be removed from the game

Post edited by ALostPuppy on
  • Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

-That everytime I open DbD I get a faded welcome back banner the says 'Welcome Back Elk!' with deflated balloons

-Trash Can charm

-Mrs. Piggy outfit for Piggy

-Hospital Cosmetic for Laurie

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

A list of all things i want.

• The "trail start up" idea to be a thing, basically gen speed is reduced to half until 2 minutes pass or a survivor gets downed. Would help a lot of killers along with the 3-2 gens getting done situation where nothing you could have done would have stopped it.
    • DS being deactivated when working on a gen, heavily prevents it's MAIN abuse of doing gens off hook. This would force survivors to at least recover first or do other things besides the main objective.
    • A key rework that follows something similar to my rework as it NEEDS killer interaction to be balanced(as in the hatch can be prevented from being opened if you stop it) https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208357/my-full-key-rework-idea-what-do-you-guys-think-of-it#latest
    • OoO to be reworked in a way that makes it less abusive and allows solo's to use it, what it needs is a range restriction and a HEAVY danger that is greater than the info it provides. in other words good info for high risk.
    • More small buff's/changes to killers who could use them instead of waiting a whole year for a rework. i get it's effective to look at a killer all the way through and adjust everything but giving them a small buff or nerf to a addon that is problematic isn't a bad idea.

Just want to say removing perk tiers is a horrible decision as it removes heavy grind which increases meta usage. A better solution is a perk upgrade system you could use for perks you get in the blood web for a high price like this. Something does need to be done about the grinding but making meta available to everyone early is not a good call. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206778/a-perk-upgrade-system-would-help-with-the-amount-of-grinding-in-this-game-and-better-prestiging#latest.

• KrazyKatFTW
    KrazyKatFTW Member Posts: 203

Bug free patch's, at least that being the goal

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Multi Killer mode. I know, logistically it would be a nightmare to pull off given how things break every 5 minutes, but I think it would ease the stress of killer somewhat to work with someone else, or at least more fun, and it is something that fits a 'dream change'

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

Something new gameplay wise, I don't really care what but everyone shoots down new ideas here. It's all about nerfs and buffs

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited December 2020

Accessibility options like good colourblind modes, toggles for hold/mash-a-button-to-do-an-action stuff like doing gens, struggling and so on. And yes I am aware you can do the "M1 -> Bring up menu -> let go of M1 -> close menu" thing for the former, but they should be official options and not something you have to rely on a weird "tech" like that to do.

I don't care if people with regular vision can get some sort of "advantage" from it, when people can use stuff like Nvidia filters and monitor firmware crosshairs that's a pretty silly thing to worry about in my opinion. I'd much rather have that and give more people the "advantage" of actually being able to see stuff that's important better.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited December 2020

Wow, your personal experience with crashes determines everyone else's.

For example my internet provider had problems and my internet went down multiple times last Sunday, which ended up with me stacking twice a 15 minutes penalty. Another crash and it would've been what, 30?

The system is trash because it's unable to differentiate, and in any case, in a game like dbd a DC for not wanting to be in a specific match should not be punished

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

your personal situation with bad internet is on you and doesn't even represent half of the player base

if it's something you can fix then the game doesn't have to cater to you, if your in a really bad area then too bad that isn't common enough to be considered.

edit: also wow 15 minutes yeah no the first is a 5 minute, then 15, then 30, then it goes into hours. It's not a problem if you crash or something like once or twice a day just take a break go grab a snack and browse the forums or something.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Yes, this!

They stated the next year will focus a bit on options/settings and colorblind could be included. I would rather see them focus completely on accessibility options, also the implementations of the mobile version regarding accessibility/sounds (visible heartbeat) should find their way into the main game.

• nursewannabe

No, internet problems caused by external situations are NOT on me

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502
    edited December 2020

I miss the honor system. Alittle backstory back in 2016 the servers were only in select areas and you couldnt connect to everyone around the world and the game was less populated so youd often face the same people over and over. And people had a blast and the overpowered stuff existed back then but people barely used them for fun and when they did it was just for fun and not to be toxic. Then when the game became very populated and the servers global then started all this hell. Gotta remember your facing other people.

• AChaoticKiller

Not common enough to be considered so idc, what should the devs do to prevent that they can't.

if it's out of anyone's control they don't have to cater to it.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

The only thing I want from DBD is to go back to its horror hide and seek roots.

The game already got big from catering to influencers who love putting on a ragtime run and gun show for their fans. It's time to stop catering to the loop and chase crowd and go back to making this game atmospheric, dark, and you afraid to sneak around in the dark.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

-FOV Slider

-Frame rate optimization. There is no excuse for a game like this to run at anything lower than 60 fps on any map.

-A rework to survivor objective. It's too easy, too safe and too quick. I'd prefer something a bit more demanding that puts them in a bit more danger.

-Accessibility options for people who need it.

-For sounds to be fixed. I don't want to see a slug silent on the floor ever again.

-For scratch marks to be reliable again...it's been like what a year or so? since scratch marks started becoming super unreliable, they spawn with gaps, and spread out in ways that make it seem like a survivor ran one way when in fact they went the other way...

• nursewannabe

I'll stand by my position that if a system is unable to differentiate between a rage quit and external problems its implementation should not be even remotely considered.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Yeah this. Don't DC. DCing is for wimps.

Crashes? I have never crashed in this game. And I play 10 hours straight a day sometimes. Or more. I have also never been disconnected. My internet is pretty stable and it's just crappy third world developing country internet. You literally have no excuse to DC. If your internet connection is bad use a wire to connect your computer to your router. Don't game on WiFi. If it's still bad get a new ISP. Don't play online games with crap internet.

Let's be real. People who DC lost their temper after getting owned and just rage quitted. The penalties should get harsher, if anything.

• AChaoticKiller

you are aware that in today's technology it is easy as hell to install or figure out a way to make it seem like you crashed, lost connection, or something else?

it's why most games take that approach to forms of leaving matches it's because they can't detect all the ways around the system. If your mad at dbd for having such a basic and needed feature like dc penalties then surely you hate all others too since they take similar or even the same approaches.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Hag getting deleted

• AChaoticKiller
    edited December 2020

Exactly unless it is completely out of your control you can't blame internet or software and because it's very rare for that to be the case it is not worth catering the system to those people since the extremely large majority don't have those problems. the only out of control thing the devs have to worry about is what goes on with their game or the handling of it like how console has to validate updates between sony, microsoft, ect.

If there is something you can do don't be lazy and complain, do it. If it's out of your control oh well why should the devs do something when your situation most likely isn't even permanent and if it is then too bad there isn't much anyone can do.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Buffs to Trapper. I love playing him but it’s a bit painful. Between his traps being countered by rainbow maps (which are way more common now thanks to Undying), several perks, SWF and Dead Hard, the ######### plastic grass on the new maps making them way more visible, painful RNG and an extremely weak base kit making him super add on dependent, playing Trapper is more frustrating than fun a lot of the time. And the annoying thing is a few small changes could make him feel way better to play without buffing him too much.

Aside from that, more in game options. Let PC players play at 120 FPS without having to uncap frames in the game files. Let console players play on low settings. Let everyone have the option to make scratch marks and auras a different colour so colourblind players can play.

• AChaoticKiller

why do you hate hag so much i see you constantly comment about her XD

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Not necessarily change but I want a casual mode where there's open mic for everyone lmao.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I wish mori could work only on last hook.

More servers around the world to make less ping.

Remove hook suicides.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

For Charlotte to have a Mrs Clause outfit

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

New gamemodes, all I want is the bugs to be ironed out and new gamemodes to spice up the admittedly repetitive gameplay loop.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

When I started reading I thought it's another sarcastic reply, but actually it's an interesting idea.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Killer's vision is much brighter than a survivors, allowing survivors to have more of a dark horror experience without hurting killer's gameplay.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,293
    edited December 2020

Proper support for Kill Your Friends and Steam Workshop Support for custom maps.

They claimed not enough people use Kill Your Friends but the reason is no one uses it because it's garbage and a poorly maintained feature. Why can't we load into a map solo to test things out? Why can't we tweak certain rules? Why can't we at least earn reduced bloodpoints in the gamemode? I'm not even questioning why there aren't bots I get that one is a bit more difficult but really. Overall poorly maintained gamemode. The spectator feature is even neglected.

Custom maps is always something I've wanted for DBD and it goes hand in hand with proper KYF support. At this point anyone can learn Unreal Engine 4 so I don't see this as being a feature a minority of the community will use.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

The first is probably the most sadistic comment I have ever read tbh.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Dead Hard working consistently.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I do agree with your answers, but I wanna include something more

Rework moris, keys and OoO

Nerf Freddy, boring to play and verse

Have a slight change on the gen times....maybe? Not sure yet.

Add a shirtless myers skin

• Elena
  • BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

the game being bought up by a big professional dedicated company, I know it sounds harsh but I do mean it, 4 years or so now and no fix or even attempted fix for so many glarring issues and shortcommings.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I'd like a new chase mechanic. Not sure what.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Delete all the blueprints and make it work entirely by c++

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

A dragon killer gets added to the game

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited December 2020

Just do tbh lol she's everything I hate about this game.

I would feel weird not commenting on her when I'm given the opportunity lol

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Ds basekit once per match use, freeze timer in chase, delete timer on objectives. #nomorenoobsession

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
  • Elena

Here are my tips, even though you didn't ask and I'm not a good killer lol but I feel like being helpful

Use corrupt on killers with low mobility or killers who need time to setup, like Hag and Trapper for example.

Surge and Ruin have some alright synergy in my opinion, although others can and will disagree, I actually love this combo.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

making hook suicides reportable / reworking hooks so people can no longer actively suicide on them / reworking BP score events so that at least the killer wont be scammed off of BP (least favourite option, as it wouldnt help fighting the actual issue)

there is nothing that ruins my fun as a survivor more than seeing a random teammate immediately kill themselves on hook for no good reason other than "BuT I DoNt LiKe DoCtOr", resulting in basically an instant loss for us other survivors - all because one guys ego couldnt take going down.

and for the killer its annoying because it means you cant have a normal game and also get scammed off of many potential BP you should have gotten, had that guy not suicided early on.

(please note that i am not complaining about scenarios where two survivors are dead and the 3rd guy kills himself on hook to allow his mate to get hatch or anything like that - i am complaining about these players that will end up suiciding on their first hook at 4 or 5 gens for no reason at all other than that they dislike X)

if you queue up for a game, play it.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH

I don't have a huge issue with the gen times in my games, I just find that it's mandatory to have at least 2 slowdown perks, which is kinda unbalanced imo. You shouldn't rely on perks from dlcs (those you mentioned, plague dlc, hag dlc and stranger things dlc). A player shouldn't rely on buying dlcs or being forced to use their shards to get a killer that they dislike cuz they have good perks (plague for me, in this situation)

But that's my opinion

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

A more balanced game which I hope decreases toxicity