Killer Aim Assist

Look, I agree that the killers should get a little bit of an aim assist, but right now, it is pretty overpowered.
For example:
If the killer swings a full 360 circle when a survivor is within lunge range, it is an almost guaranteed hit EVERY TIME, and the only time the hit registers, is AFTER the entire 360, meaning the swing will be over THEN the survivor gets hit.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

How many times devs must explain to you, survivors, that killers DOES NOT have an aim assist? It is just an animation fit AFTER detecting a SUCCESFUL hit?

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    SquirtleSurgeon1 Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2018

are you stupid? have you played killer? Killers HAVE AN AIM ASSIST

ALSO I can prove that the aim assist is a thing on UNSUCCESFUL HITS

• SquirtleSurgeon1

I can prove it to you in KYF in under a minute

• RSB

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

Call "stupid" someone from your family, or friends, okay? I haven't insulted you, and I demand the same. Thank you.

I will quote it for you - "hat killers DOES NOT have an aim assist? It is just an animation fit AFTER detecting a SUCCESFUL hit".

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

Call "stupid" someone from your family, or friends, okay? I haven't insulted you, and I demand the same. Thank you.

I will quote it for you - "hat killers DOES NOT have an aim assist? It is just an animation fit AFTER detecting a SUCCESFUL hit".

I call everyone stupid first of all and second killers do have an aim assist

• RSB

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

"I call everyone stupid so it does not count" - seriously, how old are you? 14? 16?
    So if killers are so OP, and have aim, then go on and play Nurse, see how "Aim" looks like.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

I can prove to you that Killer "aim assist" hurts them by auto aiming onto walls in under a minute in kyf.
    You would still say it is bull ######### though, so it is not even worth following this discussion to read your response to this -_-

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@RagingCalm said:
    I can prove to you that Killer "aim assist" hurts them by auto aiming onto walls in under a minute in kyf.
    You would still say it is bull ######### though, so it is not even worth following this discussion to read your response to this -_-

I do agree that it can be messed up for killer as the aim assist doesn't even work all the time I know, but it still is broken with characters like Clown and Pig who have a different lunge / swing than other characters

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

"I call everyone stupid so it does not count" - seriously, how old are you? 14? 16?
    So if killers are so OP, and have aim, then go on and play Nurse, see how "Aim" looks like.

I never said killers were OP I said specifically the aim assist can be OP and it isn't in every situation

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    edited June 2018

Look I will make a video and upload in this thread to show you that aim assist does exist, and that yes it doesn't always work

• RSB

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RagingCalm said:

I do agree that it can be messed up for killer as the aim assist doesn't even work all the time I know, but it still is broken with characters like Clown and Pig who have a different lunge / swing than other characters

Hitting with Clown is way more difficult, because of his lunge.

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RagingCalm said:

That is the biggest straight up LIE I have ever heard, I played clown on the PTB and missed MAYBE 2-3 lunges he has the easiest lunge in the game right now by far play against him for once and realize that you can't do anything against his lunge, if you 360 he can hit 99% of the time.

• RSB

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RagingCalm said:

That is the biggest straight up LIE I have ever heard, I played clown on the PTB and missed MAYBE 2-3 lunges he has the easiest lunge in the game right now by far play against him for once and realize that you can't do anything against his lunge, if you 360 he can hit 99% of the time.

So welcome in the "Overpowered Killers Club" I think. We like to terrorize poor, underpowered survivors, tbag them and hold their games hostage, while waiting at the gate.

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RSB said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@RagingCalm said:

So welcome in the "Overpowered Killers Club" I think. We like to terrorize poor, underpowered survivors, tbag them and hold their games hostage, while waiting at the gate.

That wasn't even a response to my point and once again I DON'T THINK KILLERS ARE OVER POWERED, JUST THE AIM ASSIST CAN BE OP

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Ok so from what I understand it’s not auto aim it’s a camera snap. Killer have a box in front of them and when a survivor is in that box if the game registers a hit the camera snaps to you so it looks cleaner than it would without the camera snap. I believe they removed this from nurse
  • SquirtleSurgeon1

@ThePloopz said:
    Ok so from what I understand it’s not auto aim it’s a camera snap. Killer have a box in front of them and when a survivor is in that box if the game registers a hit the camera snaps to you so it looks cleaner than it would without the camera snap. I believe they removed this from nurse

Yes BUT, with Hillbilly you can MISS THE SURVIVOR and still have the camera snap to the survivor with chainsaw AND with normal lunge. Meaning that there is some sort of aim assist.

• SquirtleSurgeon1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9u43VkkCo
    Here is the video I just put together.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010

@ThePloopz said:

Yes BUT, with Hillbilly you can MISS THE SURVIVOR and still have the camera snap to the survivor with chainsaw AND with normal lunge. Meaning that there is some sort of aim assist.

I thought we were just talking about regular swings with the chainsaw idk how that’s done lol
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018

As stated above, there is no aim assist.
    There is a hit detection system, that turns your camera if it detects a target in your hitbox as you start to hit (which is a very large cone on M1 attacks) to give a better feeling to the player. Just imagine if the camera wasn't turning. It would lead to an HIT animation not directed toward the survivor, and it would look dumb.
    Afterwards, there's a hit animation, hitting 0,3s later.

That difference can make the animation to miss completely, leading to indesired effects. (example : miss with chainsaw during Sprint Bursts and such)

In any case : there is no auto-aim/aim assists in this game. If a killer did hit you, he did legit aim properly as you were in his hitbox.

You can try to deny that fact as much as you want and give your own explaination, devs explained it on streams, several times.

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@Runiver said:
    There is a hit detection system, that turns your camera if it detects a target in your hitbox as you start to hit (which is a very large cone on M1 attacks) to give a better feeling to the player. Just imagine if the camera wasn't turning. It would lead to an HIT animation not directed toward the survivor, and it would look dumb.

That difference can make the animation to miss completely, leading to indesired effects. (example : miss with chainsaw during Sprint Bursts and such)

In any case : there is no auto-aim/aim assists in this game. If a killer did hit you, he did legit aim properly as you were in his hitbox.

You can try to deny that fact as much as you want and give your own explaination, devs explained it on streams, several times.

So what your saying is, is that if a killer swings in a 360 degree angle, it will hit the survivor 100% of the time

• RSB

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@Runiver said:

So what your saying is, is that if a killer swings in a 360 degree angle, it will hit the survivor 100% of the time

I think we should not bother discussing with you, a you are closed in your little, survivor world full of cheating killers with "aim".

• Runiver

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@Runiver said:

Not, what I am saying is : if you do a random 360° and swing randomly, it will pick a random 180° cone and try to detect a survivor in that cone. If it does, it will hit, if it doesn't it will not.

As I said, there is no "auto-aim", just a huge cone.
    You're free to have your own beliefs tho, since beliefs aren't forbidden even if they're not the reality.

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@Runiver said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@Runiver said:

Not, what I am saying is : if you do a random 360° and swing randomly, it will pick a random 180° cone and try to detect a survivor in that cone. If it does, it will hit, if it doesn't it will not.

You're free to have your own beliefs tho, since beliefs aren't forbidden even if they're not the reality.

But this just makes 360ing impossible still, the thing that I am trying to fix, so there is an aim assist just to a 180 degree extent

• SquirtleSurgeon1

@TrumpJunior said:
    SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

Here is the video I just put together.

Tbh, to me there looks actually nothing wrong with that. You aimed directly to her and your hit got registered. The animations are a bit odd indeed, but this is nothing new in DbD. 

But the fact that I swung all the way through, so my swing should have ended way to left but instead it snaps back to the survivor, even when I miss...

• Runiver

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@Runiver said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@Runiver said:

But this just makes 360ing impossible still, the thing that I am trying to fix, so there is an aim assist just to a 180 degree extent

360 isn't even supposed to be a thing anyway since it's a way to use latency to make your character to look like it's teleporting.
    You're not actually supposed to dodge hits consistently at melee range, hence the huge cone for killers.
    You're supposed to STAY AWAY from the killer in a chase.

• BarpleBapkins
    BarpleBapkins Member Posts: 36

I can strongly disagree with that even when the killer spins in a circle they hit 100% of the time, even if they have auto-aim.
    I can safely say that there is a slight auto-aim on the killers, but it has failed several times for me, making it look as if I should have hit the survivor, but this has been proven to be a bug where the last frame of the swing wouldn't count has a hit, and has been fixed in the PTB. However, just because a killer does a 360 while swinging doesn't mean he's guaranteed a hit, it just increases the odds if the survivor runs around them. If you managed to get hit while trying to 360 the killer, then the killer knows how to counter 360s. Saying the killer being able to hit survivors is op is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.