Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Pallet not working

DxDen1004
DxDen1004 Member Posts: 19

Sometimes, during a game, it is impossible to use the pallet by pressing the SPACE key.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Boot the game

2) Begin a match as survivor

3) Engage the chase with the killer

4) Try to drop a pallet

5) Die

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 236
    edited December 2020

It's not just Coldwin maps, it's everywhere, but it's hard to get a clear footage like yours. It feels like the characters try to start the animation but get interrupted cause they detect collision or the charachter animation alignement starts before the pallet drop. This is very hard to reproduce and it usually happens in crucial moments during chase. I've noticed that this issue started going on since patch 4.2.0. when they did the first graphical update to Badham Preschool and Yamaoka Estate. They did change the graphical look of the pallets and I feel they changed the coding behind it as well and the issue might be there. Like you can drop a pallet before the killer reaches it, but once the killer enters the pallet about 1/3 of it, the issue that is shown on the video happens. And also if the characher is not directly facing the pallet the animation starts with the alignement of the character towards the pallet and then it starts the pallet drop which is also another issue. I remember that characters just did sort of a 180° and threw it down, but now they align first and then drop it, which is why the "press space" keeps getting interrupted. During the alignement process it loses the "press space" button, turns the character around and you have to first get the "press space" button and you have to press it again. And I feel like again people start mashing it out of frustration and the command starts the animation, but stops it cause you didn't press the button long enough and the animation stutters.

• trick
    trick Member Posts: 159

ye this bug needs urgent fix, i played as killer this same map twice in a row and i got like 6 hooks from this 1 pallet xD

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

This pallet is true suicide and it was reported here like 2000 times. It's funny how nobody gives a fxck.