Add anti hook-camp perk

I feel like there should be a perk that slows down when a survivor is on a hook and a killer is within a 10m radius. It doesn't have to entirely stop the hook from hurting the survivor, but maybe just slow it down slightly. I think this would be wonderful because some killers tend to camp the hook. I understand that hook camping is a strategy, and that's why it would be added as a perk instead of me suggesting it removed all together. I also think this should only be in affect during the first hook the survivor has received. It can also be called something like "Worms on a Hook" or something like that.

Comments

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100

Doubt this would actually help much, if a killer commits to the camp it's usually because they have full hunter Blood points and are annoyed just trying to get a few more for a sacrifice or trying to make sure the survivors are as annoyed as they are, so time isn't really the issue, it will just make those end of match standoffs even worse,

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

You already have Borrowed Time as a anti-camping measure. As for this request, you already have it in the form of Camaraderie.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954
    edited December 2020

Use Camaraderie. Its a Steve Harrington perk.

It was in the Shrine 13.05.2020.

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

Honestly, I think just try playing SWF with one other person you and that person can have each other's backs.

Also, I think people want to use that for other stuff instead of having to take up a perk slot for a potential camper all things aside there not much you can do anyway. It's a strategy that lots of killers use. Maybe just get to higher ranks those killers tend not to camp since they know how to play properly.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179

Devs already tested something like that once. It was HEAVILY abused by survivors so they removed it.

• Avenue
    Avenue Member Posts: 5

Borrowed Time is an anti tunnel perk not an anti camp perk. If they were to add something it would have to be like Monstrous Shrine, where if the killer was within 10 m of a hooked survivor then the entity sacrifice rate is slowed by 3% 6% 9%, OR instead of that give the survivor an extra 3% 4% 5% chance to unhook themselves while within 10 or 15 m of the killer. Red rank killers know how to play and not be campy which is where i reside in the red ranks, but it is a problem when i play SWF with higher ranking survivors (green ranking) where i get face camped and it sucks so having a perk like this would be good. Another thing they could do if they didnt want to add a new perk would be to punish killers bloodpoints for distance to hook more. if the survivor gets unhooked within 10 m then they should get moderately less bloodpoints than if they were outside that 10 m range.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

The answer is no.

The developers already tried this and it got abused. Camaraderie is your best shot.