Pigs bear traps

Options
Toxic530
Toxic530 Member Posts: 39
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

They need to go back to how they were IMO because it's bs that a survivor can have one on and still escape if it's not activated. It just cost me a 4k lmfao I sacrificed the 3rd survivor shut the hatch and in that time he healed and right after I left one of the gates he opened it and ran through with the trap still on. Note that he had it on for a min and it still didn't activate so he was able to just leave. I feel like that's bs like I should've had my 4k off that. I think it was way better when they just simply couldn't leave with it on regardless of whether it was activated or not.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

It should be changed but not reverted, if a survivor can't escape because the killer is chasing them off the boxes and they can't leave through the gates, it would be seen as "unfair" and be reverted, or the pig's kill average would become inflated by the cheeky trap kills and she'd be nerfed to the ######### ground.

It should probably be changed so they have some power during the endgame, but not changed in such a way that it's essentially securing a kill if you put a helmet on someone after the gens are done.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521
    Options

This is my dream rework for the RBT:

When a generator is completed, or if the RBT was attached after the exit gates have been powered, the RBT will activate, starting its 3 minute timer. Survivors searching Jigsaw boxes slowly become injured as they interact with the box. Every time an additional generator is completed, the timer for the RBT is reduced by 45 seconds. Any survivor can search a Jigsaw box at any time. There are 6 boxes around the map.

Jigsaw boxes are no longer RNG, but rather they require you to interact with it for a set duration. After the interaction is complete, the survivor gets a Jigsaw key and are afflicted with the Broken status effect for a time. Survivors with a key can remove a RBT from themselves or another survivor. Removing a RBT takes 10 seconds, and includes 2 mildly difficult skill checks if removing a RBT from yourself (about 1.5x the size of DS skill checks). Failing a skill check will shatter the key.

Empty boxes do not reveal their auras

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    edited December 2020
    Options

Look, if a Pig wasn’t able to get four or five downs (therefore trapping the caught survivors) before the fifth generator activates, the killer was probably going to lose anyways.

• Toxic530
    Options

I mean they didn't finished the gens. They had 3 left. I downed and hooked the first 2 survivors 3 times and the third was on their first hook. The guy that escaped wouldve been on his 3rd hook had he been caught. The only reason the EGC started was because I closed the hatch.

• Toxic530
    Options

I get what you're saying and agree on some things. Yeah it would be ######### up for ppl to put them on after all gens are done but I feel like the simple solution would be if the trap is put on before the 5th gen is done or before EGC is triggered or hatch is open it should kill if they try to escape. If it's attached after then have the set timer for when it activates start so they're forced to leave or take it off almost immediately because once it does activate they can't leave unless it is removed.

• Toxic530
    Options

I'm not sure this would work but idk it sounds interesting though.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I always thought it would be cool to activate them on gen completion OR hook. At least the hook could be used in the endgame.