I just lost an entire game because of DS's bullcrap.

I had three gens left and everyone in the same area of the stairs in Hawkens. The difficult gen was out of the way and every survivor was being way too altruistic. Then this happened, I hooked a nea, she got unhooked, I downed and hooked three survivors, then caught and downed her, then was promptly DS'd and lost every drop of pressure I had on the map. I then promptly lost with one kill. How is this goddamn acceptable? Why was pop nerfed before this goddamn perk?? With pop you have to hook, walk to a gen, kick it, then go and find a survivor. But with DS if you've been unhooked under 60 seconds ago you're invincible and can't be touched.

Comments

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

You admit to being a nurse main, correct? That's hardly even playing DBD. I bet you would have different opinions if you were down on earth playing an M1 killer like most other people.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I've been hit by DS 3 times within about 20-30 seconds so I feel ya.

What killer were you playing? People talk about DS a lot but rarely account for how much stronger it is against weaker killers. If you play nurse or spirit etc you prob won't give a shot bc they'll be back on the floor 10 seconds after but getting hit as wraith or trapper might cost you the game.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

That's unfortunate.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Then you play the game on easy mode. Huntress is super easy as well because of the busted hatchet hitboxes. I can't say I have any respect for you. I played nurse when I was new to the game.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

Off topic but quick question DS is automatically activated so you could tunnel off first hook to get them to use it up correct?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

you should have waited an extra 20 seconds, you had the power to stop it's activation simply by waiting for a short duration but you were hasty.

Don't get me wrong DS does need a nerf/restrictions but not to it's activation of timer length. The main problem with DS is the what you can do as it is active and the biggest thing is simply doing a gen. It is literally common sense to finish a gen your near once your unhooked and have DS. If DS deactivated when you worked on a gen it would save it's biggest strength which is having free progress on gens.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Poor thing, probably the only game you lost. Stop being entitled.

• Aneurysm

They've sadly confused them never escaping with a massive balance issue in favour of killers, although often the simpler answer is the right one

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

It activates, but if they choose to not attempt the skill check it won't be used up and they can use it again later. So saving it basically. In my experience while playing both killer and survivor it's rare to see people do this however, but it is possible and it can be very powerful if saving it lets them get it to activate at endgame instead of almost-endgame or something.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I should never be faulted for not struggling in an unwinnable match.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Always assume DS and keep track of who has it up. If you're in doubt, slug. Even in that case you can't stop the unbreakable.

You're the killer. Yeah, survivors get a ton of second chances to abuse. Complaining about it won't stop it - working around it will. With all the second chance perks you're going to end up trying to turn a 12 hook game that is actually a 16 down game into something like an 8 hook. Find a way.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Because it's a survivor perk

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

I was playing solo today and I got out of a match against a wraith who had NOED, how? because I was hooked after the doors opened and was rescued, downed right next to the door started to make my way there, was picked up, hit him with DS and was out the door. and I was on death hook.

I don't consider that a bad use of DS but I can understand the frustration. If I get hit with it as a killer, you just have to take it and let it go.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Because to make the game much more unexpected in outcome, they made "Perks" mechanic, while the core game is so poor.

I mean, image if a new chapter, each side gets a single new ability (example: DS on survivor, while Killer able to instant Mori obsession in EGC /// or Killer able to M1 drop survivor item (not charge) as basekit, survivor can see item aura in 6m radius ect...) That would make the core game much more rich.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

U just have to stop playing killer. Just play survivor.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

There is no indicator of DS, there is an obsession but that doesnt indicate DS. Ontop of that, no other perk has anywhere close to the game-breaking potential DS has.

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Yeah, I sometimes lose track of which is which in my many things I already have to keep track of. Like man I lost to a DS as well because all the survivors are using the same character and I picked up the a survivor I previously hooked..

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

This is why I ditch lobbies with multiples of the same character. When I play killer, queues are instant, so I can go by whatever criteria I want, and I'm not dealing with survivors who I'm gonna have trouble telling apart.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

While kinda ridiculous that 1 perk has so much power. This was avoidable by slugging a bit.

It's annoying for both survivor and killer but that's how we have to deal with it for now

• trick
    trick Member Posts: 159

So, 0 gens repaired, we were all pressing m1 loving life you kno getting that first gen, and then suddenly a no terror leather just downs everyone and the games over!? how is this godamn possible wow. tinkerer my god

• Aneurysm

You're missing out on the divine experience of going against four blendettes who then accuse you of tunnelling.

• trick

disagree with the entire point , d/s is not a game changing perk at all xD anyone using d/s when im playing killer stays on the floor or doesnt get attacked. The only reason d/s was put in the game is because of unfair tunnelling and camping. SO the day when all tunnellers stop is the day i will agree that we dont need d/s. But is it actually a good perk ? not really, if your a clever killer it will never activate

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

How do you know who has DS to be able to let them stay on the floor, 4 blendettes are a fairly common sight, sometimes with the same name even which usually causes issues with the HUD , like hook timer showing on a healthy survivor, and what about the ways survivors can avoid that situation like lockers. DS is definitely a game changing perk, your mention of perk strength doesn't make much sense considering Bloodwarden is a game changing perk yet it's not a powerful perk. Also DS should be more effective against tunneling by activating off both hooks and having no timer but should deactivate if you progress the game state by doing gens,unhooking,etc. that way its even better at its use while removing the annoying side for the killer.

• trick

u always kno dude xD , they make it obvious , u dont have to pick them up ever , if they go on locker in chase, go to the gen man wow . they are winning not because he has d/s they are winning because everyone else is doing stuff while u tunnel him xD

• trick

best thing vs d/.s toxic flash guys, slug, even if they have unbreak slug them , and go to gen rush players. If u do this , d/s had 0 effect on that match

• trick

in my opinion, d/s should be built in for second or first hook for all players. And thats coming from someone that never ever uses d/s xD

• misterdaytona
    misterdaytona Member Posts: 6

Don't tunnel then?

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

How dare he not slug someone the most boring way to play the game for both sides!!!!!! You are the problem!! Not the perk that lasts way too long!

Okay mate..

• DaFireSquirtle

That's like saying okay the game if fundamentally flawed but you shouldn't tell the devs that because it's your job to find a way around it. The game isn't ever gonna be balanced if you don't call out the bs.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

They explicated said Moris were fine. And Billy. And Ruin. And Noed.

Nothing has happened with Noed but i BET you the nerf will come before keys because the devs want to flex how ######### they can make the game and still retain a playerbase.

• DaFireSquirtle

How dare you complain about the lack of good game balance!! Your so entitled for wanting the game to work well for everyone!

If your honestly defending the reason ds is okay in this scenario I have no respect for you as a person. It's. Not.

If a killer downs a 3 survivors in under a minute those survivors are playing really poorly and don't deserved to be carried by the abundance of second chance perks. If you can't play without these perks then your not good at the game my friend. Don't cry when they eventually nerf these perks after like another two years of complaining about them.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I think I just played a game with you. We were on Autohaven against Spirit and you killed yourself after you got hooked for the second time... Why? We managed to finish all gens after you killed yourself. That wasn't an unwinnable game. I was the Nea with the black skirt and blue top. If that wasn't you, then I'm sorry. They had the exact same name.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

This is absolutely the perk's fault. The timer on it is insanely long, far longer than it deserves to be for an anti-tunneling perk.

It should be nerfed using Scott Jund's suggestion:

Drop the timer considerably, but pause the timer if the victim is in an active chase.

Boom, done. Survivors no longer get a full minute of invincibility but the intended function still works.