Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nurse blink charge bug? Not really that good even if intentional

PhishBaby
PhishBaby Member Posts: 6
edited December 2020 in Bug Reporting

A blink by the Nurse does not always consume 1 charge exactly.

Let's say the Nurse's charges are at exactly 1, and she blinks. It works fine and she is reset to 0 charges.

However, if the Nurse has more than 1 charge but less than 2 and blinks, it will always be reset to 1 charges. So, in a worst-case scenario, your charges could be at 1.999999999 but you would be reset to 0 blinks afterwards, and not 0.999999999, which seems unintentional and/or stupid to me.

EDIT: It would be better imo if a blink used exactly 1 charge and the Nurse's base blink recharge time was slightly increased to compensate.

OLD TITLE: Nurse blink charge bug? Might be intentional but not sure

Post edited by PhishBaby on
0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• DBD_Asteria
    DBD_Asteria Member Posts: 36

it always was like that

• PhishBaby

Maybe, but it's definitely never been obvious if it's intentional or not. It's a really ass mechanic even if it is, in my opinion.

• DBD_Asteria
    DBD_Asteria Member Posts: 36

nurse is op even with that "ass mechanic"

but if that was actually a bug

it wouldnt stay here for like? a year?

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Intentional

• desadia
    desadia Member Posts: 6

I've noticed this while playing nurse. Don't think it's a bug, it definitely is annoying though since I believe everything else that uses charges works the way that you described it should work instead of the way it currently works for Nurse. I barely don't wait long enough and there goes my blinks and I have to wait twice as long for the recharge.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited December 2020

its been like that for a year

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

This is intentional. It consumes a Blink charge, and resets any progress made towards your next blink.

• PhishBaby
    edited December 2020

I'm well aware it's been like this for a while, it's just really not explained on the Nurse's official description, hence why I thought I'd put it here. I also know the Nurse is one of the strongest killers in the game, so if I had the choice I would make a blink consume exactly 1 charge but increase the recharge slightly to compensate. It is much simpler and better this way to me.

You might argue it's a balanced change, but as everyone knows the developers like to balance things even if they are unfun to play with (read what desadia has said here). Yes, you can circumvent it if you know what you are doing by just waiting until you have 2 charges, but even so if you blink at ~~1 charge you will lose a fraction of a charge due to your reaction time.

I think that increasing the recharge time while doing what I have suggested will be great because the Nurse will not become OP, AND it becomes simpler for new Nurse players to understand.

Elaborating on what desadia said: There will be many people who would argue "oh but good nurses will just wait until they reach 2 blinks and not 1.9999". This is fair, however if you do blink at 1.99999 instead of 2 it's very punishing for being a fraction of a second off, because you effectively lose your second blink if you wanted to blink again and are succumbed to fatuge, and even if you didn't, you've wasted 0.99999 of a charge. Any other time you waste time, such as from fatigue, the punish is justified because you missed your blink, and the punish of being a fraction of a second off with your charge doesn't feel justified to me.