Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found?

After the most recent update (4.3.2), my PC won’t run Dead by Daylight because they say the file mentioned in the title is missing. So far, I’ve tried:

1.) Re-Downloading the game 3 times

2.) Verified the files

3.) Checking the Steam files for the missing file

Etc., etc. Name it, I’ve tried it.

Making a post here and sending a support ticket to the devs is currently my last hope. I’ve been playing this game perfectly fine on my PC for years now. Not only that, other games, both on Steam and third party, open and play normally. Suffice to say, this has never happened before.

If it helps, this is what the error looks like:

“DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”

If any of you can recommend a solution to this problem, that would be amazing. Thanks so much!

0 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Please check the pinned information in this sub section (Master Fixes) which has the information required with regards to your issue: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

Comments

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

You could try to download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for 2015 (64Bit). But normally that should be installed together with the game, so it's sgtrange that you are missing it somehow.

This discussion has been closed.