Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ideas for a DS rework

bowo
bowo Member Posts: 121
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

DS has gone through many iterations and yet remains an extremely controversial perk, and the most infamous among killer mains. None of my individual ideas to rework this perk are particularly original, but I'd like to hear feedback to see if there's any issues I've missed. The intent of this rework is to make DS more effective as a genuine anti-tunneling perk, while making overly bold plays within the safety of the 60 second timer less effective.

First, DS should deactivate when a survivor starts to complete any major objectives. This includes the following: repairing a generator, cleansing a totem, or opening an exit gate. Stopping a survivor from completing objectives is NEVER tunneling - it's an essentially part of the game. IF these changes go into place, I would actually support a buff to the duration of DS and possibly even an increase to the stun duration.

Obviously, part of what makes DS so strong (as well as other perks like unbreakable and borrowed time) is that the mere possibility of survivors having any of the perks can drastically alter a killer's playstyle. For the most part, this is healthy for the game, as it discourages tunneling and excessive slugging. However, sometimes neither DS or any other obsession perks are in a given match, giving the killer free reign to tunnel off hook. A simple change would fix this issue - there should always be an obsession, even if there are no obsession perks or add-ons.

There is one large potential issue I would love to hear some ideas on how to fix. It's very possible that in an endgame scenario, there may be a single, downed survivor remaining with DS active. If the hatch is open and its location is unknown, the best play for the Killer is to wait for DS to expire. Increasing the duration would make this already dull situation even more boring.

Please let me know if you see any other potential issues, and let me know of any potential solutions you think of. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Post edited by bowo on