We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Sprint Burst nerf

Options
sorrowen
sorrowen Member Posts: 742
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I honestly would play other killers if sprint burst didn't just destroy them. Its a op perk as much as DS is but its even worse in some ways because it can be used again and again. It even nerfs the clown to a degree but it really screws over stealth killers like Myers,Freddy and Pig. Unless you are playing the top three killers they can literally just jet away from you even if you get close. Actually come to think of it sprint burst plays a big part in the rapid gen times because they can just zoom away if you get close and even as a nurse main it happens its less annoying but still happens. It has no effective counter besides add one's for clown,huntress and doctor.

Comments

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    SquirtleSurgeon1 Member Posts: 70
    Options

And that's why scratch marks exist :D, also I haven't had that much of a problem when playing killer against sprint burst and I have played a lot of my time in DBD on killer.

• sorrowen
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:
    And that's why scratch marks exist :D, also I haven't had that much of a problem when playing killer against sprint burst and I have played a lot of my time in DBD on killer.

Scratch marks aren't a sprint burst counter its the strongest perk in the game on either side.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    edited June 2018
    Options

Scratch marks were made to counter sprinting in general, if you can't catch a survivor after they have sprint bursted you either made a stupid mistake or they juked you out.

And I would say that there is no strongest perk on the game, depends on how you use it or how good or bad the killer is at a specific thing.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I mean, you killers keep asking for so many nerfs to the point where survivor won't even be viable anymore.

Just saying.

• sorrowen
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:
    Scratch marks were made to counter sprinting in general, if you can't catch a survivor after they have sprint bursted you either made a stupid mistake or they juked you out.

And I would say that there is no strongest perk on the game, depends on how you use it or how good or bad the killer is at a specific thing.

It counters most of the other killers its a op perk at its current state. Plus it does away with areas that aren't supposed to be safe because they just jet to another pallet rich area.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@Brady said:
    I mean, you killers keep asking for so many nerfs to the point where survivor won't even be viable anymore.

Just saying.

You ain't wrong... Killers keep asking for nerfs on literally every thing a survivor can do, and it's already hard enough to escape as a solo queuing survivor.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

It counters most of the other killers its a op perk at its current state. Plus it does away with areas that aren't supposed to be safe because they just jet to another pallet rich area.

And that's why we have killers than counter pallet looping, actually a good amount of them can counter pallet looping if they just play it right.

• sorrowen
    Options

I don't wanna make it useless :) but I do wanna have it to where it doesn't punish stealth killers and it even affects hillybilly's chainsaw.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@sorrowen said:
    I don't wanna make it useless :) but I do wanna have it to where it doesn't punish stealth killers and it even affects hillybilly's chainsaw.

It doesn't punish stealth killers, if they can get countered by sprint burst, they they are being bad at being a stealth character.

• sorrowen
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

And that's why we have killers than counter pallet looping, actually a good amount of them can counter pallet looping if they just play it right.

.......I main nurse because she is the only one that counters looping and I did main Myers until I just got bored of looping.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

I can name many killers that can counter looping

Hag: place a trap, Trapper: place a trap, Hill Billy: Use his chainsaw Leather Face: Use his chainsaw Nurse: Blinks Huntress: Just throw a hatchet

• sorrowen
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

It doesn't punish stealth killers, if they can get countered by sprint burst, they they are being bad at being a stealth character.

Yes it does it punishes Pig,Myers and Freddy and it even punishes Leatherface. Pig can charge her ambush and the survivor often just sprint bursts away.

• RepliCant
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:
    You ain't wrong... Killers keep asking for nerfs on literally every thing a survivor can do, and it's already hard enough to escape as a solo queuing survivor.

Yeah, I agree with nerfs on Decisive and the hatch, but now it's getting a bit too far with the amount of Self Care and Sprint Burst nerf request. Killers have really strong perks themselves like ones that apply Exposed and Ruin if the hex isn't cleansed right away. Can't have every perk be weak.

Remember that this game is based around solo players.

But yeah, it does counter The Wraith, sometimes Billy, and The Pig, but like... I find I'm still chased after a fast run for 3 seconds anyway. It just gives you time to get away, why remove that? :P Not EVERY TIME are you seen as a stealth killer.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    edited June 2018
    Options

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

Yes it does it punishes Pig,Myers and Freddy and it even punishes Leatherface. Pig can charge her ambush and the survivor often just sprint bursts away.

Then again, that is the killer being bad or playing it wrong it doesn't counter them if you play it right.

Also there are 12 killers in the game, soon to be 13 I think having it counter 3-4 is ok

• sorrowen
    Options

They are balancing around SWF i believe

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@sorrowen said:

they were made for Solo and balanced around SWF

• sorrowen
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

Then again, that is the killer being bad or playing it wrong it doesn't counter them if you play it right.

A killers skill can play a factor but ive seen pigs and others killers repeatedly punished by SB.

• RepliCant
    Options

@sorrowen said:

Right now, the games based on of solo queues. Which is why SWF skill cap is so high, most killers get destroyed by them. The survival rate Solo Survivors VS. SWF is like... a tremendous difference. Tampering with SC and SB may be devastating to the solo players. The main root is SWF, not really the perks itself. They just increase the skill cap for SWF way more than it should, because it obviously exploits that.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    edited June 2018
    Options

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

A killers skill can play a factor but ive seen pigs and others killers repeatedly punished by SB.

once again, then they played it wrong, one of my friend literally only plays Pig and that's it and he is able to deal with SB almost every time, and hes only had the game for 2 weeks, it's the killers problem if they can't find somebody after SB.

And that's what the survivor perks are supposed to do, PUNISH THE KILLER AND HELP THE SURVIVOR OTHERWISE THEY ARE POINTLESS DECORATION.

• sorrowen
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@sorrowen said:

once again, then they played it wrong, one of my friend literally only plays Pig and that's it and he is able to deal with SB almost every time, and hes only had the game for 2 weeks, it's the killers problem if they can't find somebody after SB.

And that's what the survivor perks are supposed to do, PUNISH THE KILLER AND HELP THE SURVIVOR OTHERWISE THEY ARE POINTLESS DECORATION.

Here is how it goes pig crouches for ambush and then jumps then survivor sprint bursts away....playing it wrong no.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Options

I can name many killers that can counter looping

Hag: place a trap, Trapper: place a trap, Hill Billy: Use his chainsaw Leather Face: Use his chainsaw Nurse: Blinks Huntress: Just throw a hatchet

Nurse is the only one who can counter it well. Trapper and hag need to get lucky that someone goes to where they trapped. Or Hag can stop a loop once it has started but she needs to waste time putting a trap down.Trapper 100% does not counter it his traps are way too easy to disarm and aren’t gonna be at nearly enough pallets for him to be considered as a counter. Imo only killers that can consistently stop it from happening are the ones who can be considered as counters. On to LF and Billy they don’t counter it at all either they can make it end faster yes but that’s about it. Huntress I also thought countered it but I had it explained to me why she doesn’t and it’s because most loops you can hide behind things or break los so she can’t hit you with a hatchet. 
    Post edited by ThePloopz on
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

Lmao what. I use Sprint Burst literally all the time, but I sure as hell don't Sprint Burst away and go 'wow I just juked that killer out so hard'.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

I think you are a bit confused. Nobody said Sprint Burst makes finding survivors harder. On the contrary, survivors with SB don't even care about being found. Because if you hide and get found, you get a hit and are at a disadvantage, if you just stay on a gen and sprint away as soon as the killer attacks you you gain so much ground and can go in a safe area.
    It doesn't make the survivor stronger, but it makes the killer waste a lot more time. Especially stealth killers, that will waste time trying to make a surprise attack easily dodged thanks to a perk.

• Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    Options

@sorrowen said:
    I honestly would play other killers if sprint burst didn't just destroy them. Its a op perk as much as DS is but its even worse in some ways because it can be used again and again. It even nerfs the clown to a degree but it really screws over stealth killers like Myers,Freddy and Pig. Unless you are playing the top three killers they can literally just jet away from you even if you get close. Actually come to think of it sprint burst plays a big part in the rapid gen times because they can just zoom away if you get close and even as a nurse main it happens its less annoying but still happens. It has no effective counter besides add one's for clown,huntress and doctor.

Don't listen to the survivor mains telling you you're wrong, I play survivor and I agree, Sprint Burst is ######### op. If anyone has a difficulty when playing survivor then I'm sorry but I don't and I play Killer more than Survivor.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Just give it a 3 second sprint momentum requirement. Stealth solved, problem solved.

Pretty much this. Devs considered 2s, I would consider 5s considering the downsides of other sprinting perks, since even with a 5s startup it would still be one of the top choice compared to the 3 other exhaustion perks.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver
    Ehem, upvote me daddy Runiver

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver
    Ehem, upvote me daddy Runiver

You are bound by your very soul to do so

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:
    Just give it a 3 second sprint momentum requirement. Stealth solved, problem solved.

Pretty much this. Devs considered 2s, I would consider 5s considering the downsides of other sprinting perks, since even with a 5s startup it would still be one of the top choice compared to the 3 other exhaustion perks.

A 5 second start up? I think that's a little much, but you're right a ton of people will still use it.

Post edited by SquirtleSurgeon1 on
  • Jack11803
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

A 5 second start up? That's just ridiculous.

Yeah, 3 seconds would be best. Prevents avoiding stealth ambush, except wraith, who can just stop uncloaking, and run at them again then uncloaking. As cloak movement speed is much faster

• MyFreddyIsBae
    MyFreddyIsBae Member Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree with @Jack11803 :/
  • Jack11803
    Options

@MyFreddyIsBae said:
    I agree with @Jack11803 :/

Well guess what!? Freddy ain’t my bae, Dwight is! Take that hun!

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@ASpazNamedSteve said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

Lmao what. I use Sprint Burst literally all the time, but I sure as hell don't Sprint Burst away and go 'wow I just juked that killer out so hard'.

Exactly what I'm saying either the killer just gave up on you or they stayed on you like a good killer, and if they lost you from a simple sprint burst then that's just sad.

• MyFreddyIsBae
    MyFreddyIsBae Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

Well guess what!? Freddy ain’t my bae, Dwight is! Take that hun!

Your Opinion :3 
  • SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

I think you are a bit confused. Nobody said Sprint Burst makes finding survivors harder. On the contrary, survivors with SB don't even care about being found. Because if you hide and get found, you get a hit and are at a disadvantage, if you just stay on a gen and sprint away as soon as the killer attacks you you gain so much ground and can go in a safe area.
    It doesn't make the survivor stronger, but it makes the killer waste a lot more time. Especially stealth killers, that will waste time trying to make a surprise attack easily dodged thanks to a perk.

But that's the purpose of the perk... to dodge the killer, and once again he still deal with it and if they're really gonna waste that much time you just don't go for them and chase a different survivor first. Then go to them when they are in a bad position, and you can get survivors in their "safe areas" by just juking them pretty easily.

• sorrowen
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

But that's the purpose of the perk... to dodge the killer, and once again he still deal with it and if they're really gonna waste that much time you just don't go for them and chase a different survivor first. Then go to them when they are in a bad position, and you can get survivors in their "safe areas" by just juking them pretty easily.

There is a difference between dodging and sprinting accross the map to a safe zone...
  • Enigma
    Enigma Member Posts: 42
    Options

Personally the only issue I have is the cooldown. Although I can see were you guys are coming from.> @Brady said:

Just saying.

Viable? I mean its a 4v1, in that sense 4 survivors are supposed to be equal to 1 killer in terms of power, yet just 1 survivor can loop, infinitely heal and sprint burst away and that is enough to ward off the killer.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

Dead Hard was made to dodge hits (it has invicibility frames), Sprint Burst should serve to gain ground but thanks to how the hit detection works, it allows to dodge attacks more easily than Dead Hard itself.
    Btw there's no need to teach me how to play, especially since the advice of "chase someone else" is good only on low ranks, where the chances of 4 SB are lower.
    I don't say Sprint Burst is OP, but it's undeniable that it's the strongest of all the exhaustion perks and it makes the survivor's life way easier.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    White_Owl said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

There's no need to teach me how to play, especially since the advice of "chase someone else" is good only on low ranks, where the chances of 4 SB are lower.
    I don't say Sprint Burst is OP, but it's undeniable that it's the strongest of all the exhaustion perks and it makes the survivor's life way easier.

Btw Dead Hard was made to dodge hits (it has invicibility frames), Sprint Burst should serve to gain ground but thanks to how the hit detection works, it allows to dodge attacks more easily than Dead Hard itself.

The strongest AND the easiest lol
  • Jack11803
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    White_Owl said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

There's no need to teach me how to play, especially since the advice of "chase someone else" is good only on low ranks, where the chances of 4 SB are lower.

Btw Dead Hard was made to dodge hits (it has invicibility frames), Sprint Burst should serve to gain ground but thanks to how the hit detection works, it allows to dodge attacks more easily than Dead Hard itself.

The strongest AND the easiest lol

AS IT SHOULD BE!

HUUUUURRRRR

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@Enigma said:
    Personally the only issue I have is the cooldown. Although I can see were you guys are coming from.> @Brady said:

Just saying.

Viable? I mean its a 4v1, in that sense 4 survivors are supposed to be equal to 1 killer in terms of power, yet just 1 survivor can loop, infinitely heal and sprint burst away and that is enough to ward off the killer.

You do realize there is a limit to pallets right? Like it's really easy to get a survivor to mess up a pallet loop or simply throw down all of the pallets...

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    Options

@sorrowen said:
    SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@White_Owl said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

There is a difference between dodging and sprinting accross the map to a safe zone...

"Across the map" Nurse can blink 2 times and catch up to a sprint burst survivor

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

remove the invul frames from SB and i'd be happy. The speed boost itself isn't much of an issue.

• sorrowen
    Options

@sorrowen said:
    SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

@White_Owl said:

@SquirtleSurgeon1 said:

"Across the map" Nurse can blink 2 times and catch up to a sprint burst survivor

If the nurse has range add on’s it’s not much of a issue. But I don’t wanna run add on’s every game....
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    Even with the 2-5 second delay in Sprint Burst, you can now save the perk which was something you couldn't do before if this change makes it to the live severs. You could just quickly release the shift key then quickly hold it again before the required momentum time expires so that you don't waste the perk.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Even with the 2-5 second delay in Sprint Burst, you can now save the perk which was something you couldn't do before if this change makes it to the live severs. You could just quickly release the shift key then quickly hold it again before the required momentum time expires so that you don't waste the perk.

That's still better than nullifying Myers and pig.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    @Jack11803 I just wanted to point that out just in case they forgot what this Nerf would do. In fact I really want this nerf to happen so I can save my Sprint Burst, no more walking to save someone from a hook or walk back to a generator =P
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Nickenzie said:

This could still be a decent addition. And you could actually make it so the Sprint Burst momentum doesn't decrease immediatly to 0, but slowly reduces instead, which would fix most issues and not allow excessive uses of sprints if you wanna keep sprint burst active for crucial moments.