Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hook struggling needs to change

JasonS
JasonS Member Posts: 100
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally died on hook while struggling, maybe because I lagged or my game dropped some frames or maybe I was shifting in my seat slightly and it messed up my mashing for a split second.

Why should a connection hiccup or one missed input cause instant death? It makes absolutely no sense.

And on top of that the mashing serves absolutely no gameplay purpose.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

definitely. They had a survey that inquired about that mechanic some time ago. I think it's not high priority RN. In the meantime you can bind that to your scroll wheel and suffer less.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

My issue is it bothers my arthritis. Even mouse wheel rapidly, and frequently if I am having a bad day, does a number on me. I really would like it if they changed it like other games to holding the button down at least. Hell it's a big reason why I prefer killer, no mashing.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Agreed it's kind of annoying lol

Wiggling too, especially when most of the times you get it to 99 and the killer still hooks you when I'm like 100% sure it should have been a breakout feels bad

What I really hope we'll get some day is a new survivor perk that somehow gives us a 4th hook phase chance. I'm thinking it could have a special prerequisite like Deliverance but it would save you from a death hook and give you another struggle phase

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I just want survivors to not be able to hook suicide, at least PH cages takes a bit of time due to the skill checks.

• Father_Dark
    Father_Dark Member Posts: 84

Why not change the "struggle" phase of being hooked to a series of skill checks like the cages. Then you aren't mashing the button.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

The button mash needs to go. It is so unnecessary. 2nd phase should be just like first phase but there's no escape attempt.

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139

That's the best idea I've seen. There's a precedent so there's no reason to not change it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Fps drops from one of the multiple triggers on console has killed me so many times during struggle. Skill checks wouldn't help, same fps drops cause skill checks to be missed - it's one thing to miss a skill check repairing a gen or healing, you can keep going, but missing it on hook would just end the game early. If they could put a "press x to stop struggle" that would be good. Stop the deaths during struggle that could be avoided from fps drops due to lack of optimization.