Guys, what is this game of 2 mins and 26 seconds?

Options
124»

Comments

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,133
    Options

It was a fast game b/c he wasn't aware. Its not like he went into this game blind.

Sees 4 toolboxes in lobby, thinks no big deal or doesn't realize its a SWF gen rush squad.

1st gen 0:25 - Yea still no big deal.

2nd gen 0:51 - Yea def no big deal or anything.

3rd gen 1:03 - Still joking around, still tunneling Claudette. As unaware as a killer can be.

He had an opportunity to change lobbies, didn't take it. He only teleported after he had hooked Claudette. He might be a good killer majority of the matches he plays, but this one is on him.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Killers can't switch anymore. So his only option would be to dodge.

In the past, survivors asked for penalties for lobby dodging killers.

Killer didn't tunnel. He was having the normal first chase.

Breaking the chase earlier wouldn't have changed the outcome.

There was literally nothing the killer could have done.

• Volcz
    Options

You misinterpreted my question; I wasnt asking in terms of switching, but what would you rather play as against that situation. Freddy right?

If you chase a certain survivor for 3 gens, I would say thats tunneling. This wasn't a 'normal' game and this wasn't a 'normal' chase (b/c he did not realize they were gen-rushing). He was having a blast focusing on Claudette, laughing and talking to his chat. How does a gen going off in 25 seconds not ring alarms in your head? Then another at 51 seconds, and still chasing the 1 dude. It may have and may have not changed the outcome, however it would have definitely made the game longer and given him a better chance. He did make mistakes. Just b/c he has 4400+ hours doesn't mean much when he plays like this vs a sweaty SWF gen rush squad, failing to notice every sign of whats was going to happen in lobby/what went on during the game.

I personally look down upon SWF but I am not going to blame them here, especially after seeing that video and how the killer reacted (he didn't even try b/c he didn't realize the situation he was in). 0 Awareness. Then comes here to complain b/c of course he did nothing wrong, right.

• Tsulan
    Options

You probably don't speak Spanish. But it rang a bell in his head. He mentioned that several times.

So no, he wasn't tunneling when a normal chase takes more than 80 seconds.

• Volcz
    Options

You're right, I don't. I wish I learned it but I learned French instead.

If he did notice what was going on, why did he stay on 1 survivor for 3 gens? Being aware and still playing like that? Yikes.

Again this wasn't a 'normal' match, if he was aware, he probably had a good idea from the lobby going into the match. And he still played like he had no idea what was going on. I don't know man, that video isn't hard evidence is all I'm saying. He didn't even try to rotate and pressure. He stuck on 1 person for 90% of the match and then got annoyed when he got to scoreboard and saw everything they had brought. If he had at least tried to rotate and pressure, I would be more inclined to agree vs the narrative of 'it wouldnt have made a difference'.

• Tsulan
    Options

What would have changed? He´d break the chase at 2 gens done. 3rd gets done while he tries to find out where to go (wild guess, since he didn´t know where the survivors were) and the survivor who he was chasing would have gone back to the gen to use his BNP.

• Volcz
    Options

I'm not disagreeing on the outcome. I think 3 out of 4 would have gotten out. But he left the 1 secured kill he could've gotten get off hook (I mean you focused on her for 3 gens, you should probably chalk it up to a loss already at that point, right? Might as well get that 1 kill). I think what gets me is that the dude was laughing all the while gens were being done and didn't even bother to try to rotate. No effort. Just stuck on the Claudette for most of the game, then got mad that the game ended in 2m 26. I know damn well, if he at least tried to rotate, esp as Freddy, he would have prolonged the match.

And he shoulda broke the chase IMO as soon as he injured her at the 0:35 mark. Again the first gen was done at 0:25. She had 10 seconds additionally to waste killer's time. He got the hit and stayed on her. Why?

At least if he rotated, the one thing he couldn't complain about is that the game finished in 2m 26 seconds.

I don't know man, I don't think this is the best evidence is all. Considering how the killer played.

• Tsulan
    Options

Watch the video again. The first chase was the Bait. Only survivor with DS. Even if he would have camped her, the others would get her out.

• Volcz
    edited January 2021
    Options

So it just came down to rng of which survivor you ran into, since it was a 3 to 1 odds. He got hella unlucky, and focused the only DS survivor. For 3 gens. I don't know man, after the first gen done at 0:25, that'd be my first red flag/alarm. Esp after I got the 1st hit on her at 0:35, thats when I'd decide to rotate & pressure. Yes she would have most likely gotten back on the gen and continued injured, but its better than leaving 3 other survivors to work gens w/o any pressure. I think it could have been handled a lot better. It wasn't, killer felt like it was unfair and posted the thread. I know damn well if he rotated, he wouldn't be using the 'it lasted 2m 26seconds' reasoning. I just dislike the fact the dude didn't even try. Its not like Freddy doesn't have map control or mobility.

• Tsulan
    Options

He used that mobility once he knew where survivors are. But the first gen is just 3 people working on it. Hell, when I equip Prove Thyself, gens fly pretty fast when I work with others on the same gen.

Since the ruin nerf, killers really don't have anything that's useful against survivors that want to complete gens.