What killer did you use to main, but then dropped?

QwQw
QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

For me it would be Blight. One word... console.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,382

Huntress

She was the first killer I played, because she was the one that looked the most interesting when I got the game and was a free killer. But then I picked up dlc killers and starting playing other killers. Now I'm just too out of practice with her hatchets that I play other killers more.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

Deathslinger. Console. RIP. However when they made the change to Bubba he became my new main and I have a lot of fun playing as him now.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

Old Doc. I miss him.

New Doc is so much easier and thus, boring to play. So I returned to main Trapper.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Billy was my first co-main to Myers, way back in 2018. In hindsight, I acknowledge how OP he was since a total noob like me got Rank 1 within the first month of playing.

I miss his old FOV and stable camera. Can´t enjoy him anymore due to all the changes to him.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Same i hate them so much for not adding M&K when crossplay came.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I mained GF up until I went against good survivors

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2021

Doctor. I mained Doctor for a bit of a while, then I switched to Pig when my gf bought me all the licensed chapters that were available at the time.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I used to main Hag during the old-ruin days, i switched to Demo on a whim and after holding a 3 gen and landing some amazing shreds he's been my main ever since

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Pig, but then I got good with Doc, Hag, Spirit... essentially Killers that performed better :/ I still play Pig from time to time though

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Trapper idk I used to like his play style until Oni came out.

Then he become my main until now, that's becoming a bit boring, so I may get back to Trapper or Demo idk

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Same thought with Freddy. I used to main Freddy. He definitely had his weaknesses, but was unique and fun to play as. Now, too easy.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    edited January 2021

i mained legion, stopped quickly then i mained hag, but since agaisn't sfw it's super hard and agaisn't solo it's too easy i dropped her. so now i switch killer a lot, if it's sfw i loose no big deal if it's solo i get 2-4 kill depending on their skill

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284

I have a couple.

Freddy. I was a pre-rework Freddy main, he was one of the reasons I got into the game. After the rework, I dropped him, while I was all for a buff he became too easy for me to use in comparison. I wanted a killer with a higher skill floor at that point.

Nurse. I mained Nurse for about 6 months on console after her rework, and was getting ok with her, but the amount of bugs every game got too frustrating to deal with. Animation bugs, loosing 2nd Blink, clipping into the edges of hitboxes in the environment and getting stuck, blink deadzones, m1 not coming out after blink, etc...

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I dropped huntress a while ago and replaced her with nurse.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

Huntress when I started

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

I used to main old doc. Got pretty good with him too.

I turned to blight when he came out. Mostly because I love the themes associated with the hallowed blight ( if you couldn't tell by my post history )

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Huntress, until I got too good at understanding hitboxes.

Myers as well, but because I played too much of him.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

Trapper.

I still love him but gens go by too fast and by the time I finish collecting traps and setting them up, two or three can pop. If the Devs make his bag add-ons base-kit and allow him to start with all his traps (once he sets 6 traps he wouldn't be able to carry more than 4) while increasing his setting speed, I'll go back to him.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Doctor, dropped for spirit and then dropped for hag. Spirit is still my favorite killer, but she's too powerful, I can 4k most of the games.

I dropped doc cuz the fps drop was unbearable

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

Nurse. I surprisingly mained her on console, but after her change, she was really buggy (still is) and didn’t feel the same. I always liked using her add on less.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited January 2021

Hillbilly. He was always my go to killer... he's the first killer I prestiged and got to P3 before prestiging any other killer in 2016. I found him very fun to play, powerful AND you can do neat tricks with him and bounce around around the place. Like this:

I've maybe played him once since his nerf. Don't like his addons, don't like the 'AGHHHHH' when he uses the chainsaw. (I hate it).

To be fair, I haven't really given the new billy a chance. But I feel like all that needed to change was his charge addons... so kind of salty.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Wraith. This was right when I started DBD in very late 2017 early 2018, so before he was a tiny bit above garbage or clown tier. I immediately stopped playing him until he got a few buffs (I play him occasionally now) ever since I found out how bad he actually is.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Hag and Preworked Freddy were my first mains. I loved the movies and just had to play as Freddy. Hag was a big help when I first started playing, finding survivors.

Then they released Spirit and I saved my shards and bought her. I just loved her from the start. I thought, this killer has potential. Guess I was on to something.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

Huntress/Nurse before dedicated and the Nurse nerf, now they both feel clunky and unrewarding to play.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2021

I wouldn't say I dropped him, but I play wayyy less Hill Billy than I used to.

I don't care about his nerf, never really used addons, insisted the basekit remain the same, but we all know these DEVs. They just gotta change something.

I actually despise the sound he makes when he charges... Every... Single... Time...

It's sooo annoying and it sounds bad!

And I feel like his music could've been better.

BUT AGAIN THE DEVS DON'T LISTEN. They just want to do something to hush people up whether or not it's actually a good final product. But hey what's new?

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Myers. I used to love Mikey and his playstyle, but eventually I realized I just liked Wraith more. Then Ghosty, and finally Oni who imo is just superior to Mikey in every shape and form. Michael is still fun, but I don't play him nearly as much as I used too.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Doctor, stopped playing him because of Billy. But right now I feel like Ghostface is slowly taking his place.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I dropped Wraith for Legion, then I dropped Legion for Nurse and Spirit.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Freddy

Old Freddy was honestly fun, having to pinball around to the different Survivors applying pressure. Sure Survivors could wake up, but thats why you used perks like Overcharge and Unnerving Presence, use add ons to insta sleep people. He was by no means easy but that made him fun to me.

New Freddy is just to easy. Survivors fall asleep on their own, I can teleport to any gen essentially whenever I want, I can either place traps OR fake pallets. It's no fun, he has virtually no weaknesses. To use thw terminology that got him changed in the first place.

He's boring to play and play against.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

Nurse was my first. Figures I'd pick one of the harder Killers to manage during my first time playing but ultimately I dropped her once I got the tier 3 perks I liked to use because it had become too easy to 3 and 4k trials. It honestly wasn't that fun anymore, and since then I've been bouncing around to a handful of different Killers (and Survivors), mixing it up frequently.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

Began to Freddy. but after rework drop him because now Freddy not from movie,now Freddy its a hag in other shell :DYes he is strong but its not classical Freddy ................now play Legion :D

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Doctor, used to play him a lot but the rework came and made him generic, its stronger true, but it feels more generic and boring.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited January 2021

Hag was always my primary until dedicated servers. There is too much delay between teleporting and being able to get a hit now.. I teleport as soon as the notification allows and I'm slowed down and can't move.. so they are the equivalent of a sprint burst away already. Completely ruined her for me. Shameful as she has the most unique add ons.

yes this is console

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

drop nurse to play spirit and huntress

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

It was main Myers, but after taking out the expert on October 19, 2020, I put it aside because I wanted to make the most of killers that I have never played as Trapper, Deathslinger, Blight, etc.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Plague

Was alright for a little while then players figured out her weaknesses and I was doomed.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Legion.

Concept was fun in the trailer but he is the most boring and unfun Killer I have ever played.

Getting power punished for basic attacking as a Killer is comical.

"But Legion is fine"- Legion's concept Creator.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

Hillbilly. I fell in love with him even when I was a noobie player, but the changes they've made recently to him just make him awkward to play. Used to love his gameplay but he just feels clunky now.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited January 2021

Trapper.

at some point i got tired of asking and waiting for buffs, so i stopped playing him.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Wraith at beginning but then got all the killers and have been using them all. Trapper is my favorite and my main now. I don't have to run massive slowdown, or special chase perks. I can play what I want with him and still perform optimally. I feel he has devastating add-ons if used in certain combos especially the 30 sec trap reset if used with honing stone or the purple bag add-on. You can lock down almost every pallet and vault location on some maps and even if they disarm it resets in 30 secs and they get caught coming back. Find myself wishing there were more traps/carry more on normal games though. I find Trapper very rewarding when it all comes together.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Have not played much Billy anymore either. used to like him alot. i played one game with him over the weekend had lots of fun with tinker and dark devotion. Nothing like a silent chainsaw to the face from across the map. I understand what you mean about the feel though I thought it was just console.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Pre rework Freddy...I enjoy putting people to sleep watching people get butthurt they could not bodyblock me..And watching teams flee in terror when they get taken to dreamland.

Now,he is too easy to play..You slap pallets/blood everywhere..Can tp and the survivors just go to sleep themselves. Don't get me wrong, It is fun to set up traps for when people finally nod off and watch them scream in terror when their pallets does nothing. But,I feel me not having to put them to sleep and teleporting is a bit much.

That and those "Upgrades" kind of remove the thing where f survivors are asleep and out of the radius you can see them..Which made surviors panic and mess up just so they did not have to been seen and being able to be bodyblocked again is err...

I don't feel as much as Freddy now as much as If Hag/Doc and Nurse had a baby. I don't feel like they are panicking now as much as getting annoyed to be asleep. Because, Freddy can't see your outline If you are alseep,but you can see him fully..The only downside to being asleep depends on the build and most are gonna run pallet freddy so mainly It is gonna be only during chases that he is gonna be your problem.

Otherwise,It will be forever genny freddy who I am sure got nerfed.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

When I first started playing killer I use to main Hillbilly.

Then I dropped Hillbilly for Myers because I liked Myers gameplay better and it was more fun sneaking up on survivors.

Later down the line I kinda also dropped Myers for Clown because I find Clown really fun to play. (Can't wait for his rework)

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Old Nurse, before the nerf. She was the killer that actually got me into DbD. Was finally landing blinks after weeks of hammering out muscle memory, then boom. Change. Threw everything off.

Moved from killer to killer after that until I found Plague, somebody I hadn't thought I'd enjoy. Now I love her to bits, mained her this last year.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

How did you main blight on console but dropped him because of console?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,766

Years ago I really really tried Nurse on my old Xbox1 but no go, even though I put in months and it was before her rework & bug infestation.

There's like 4 expert Xbox1 Nurses out there and I think 3 retired. I get it the frames and turning just won't allow it, and it is why I imagine there's so few Blights and Hags and such.

Shame really.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I used to be a billy boi, but after they reworked his add one I switched to have leggy boi, Bing bong boi, or Doc as my mains

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited January 2021

The Trapper - Too many perks and items counter him, there are just so many better choices now and he takes too long to set up and be useful. I get he's one of those he'll either be too weak or too strong characters but still. Plenty of quality of life suggested have been made for him.

• Make his Trapper Bag (Common) basekit.
    • Have the entity occasionally relocate his unset traps nearby Trapper's proximity so he doesn't have to walk the corner of the map to pick up a single trap wasting 30 seconds just to enable his power essentially.
    • Make Honing Stone basekit

Before that it was The Shape - Too many stealth killers currently overshadow him and too many snowball killers overshadow him. He's not amazing at either unless you have a very gimmicky niche build on him specifically for certain maps. He needs a lot of quality of life changes and buffs. Could start with the obvious ones.

• No longer a permanent limit on draining a survivor and instead when a survivor is topped off they go through a one minute period where it resets to 100% available
    • Evil Within 3 no longer automatically activates but instead requires a button press to activate similar to The Oni.
    • Enable multi stalk
  • Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Hag. She was the first DLC I picked up and the first killer I mained for a long time. Then, Legion came out and I played the hell out of them. Tried coming back to Hag and realized that I forgot how to play her, among others. I mained her for a bit longer, but I eventually went back to the now reworked Legion, then I started playing PWYF + Nemesis Bubba a ton, and now I've been playing a ton of Bubba and Wraith.

I still play her every now and then, but most of the games against solo queuers are so easy with her, it's just not fun. I need a challenge to enjoy this game. Spreadsheet Hag is just way too good against uncoordinated teams, and that is sadly what I've gotten the past few times I played Hag. With other killers, I at least feel I'm doing well. With Hag, though, I just feel like the game plays itself most of the time.

Now I'm a Bubba and Wraith main, and I'm having a very good time.