What killer did you use to main, but then dropped?

2ยป

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Well I mained him on console for a week or two, but I got sick of losing almost every game so I dropped him. Blight is just awful to play on console.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,721

Hag.

She was the first killer I played and the one I enjoyed the most out of the roster at the time. As I played more though I just didn't enjoy the trap style lockdown play and I switched over to Oni instead.

I don't really main any killer per se as I play multiple of them but he's my favorite to play at this time.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Killer.

Moved on to survivor. Much more relaxing.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Billy, the rework is not the same. Overheat was a huge turn off for my playstyle

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Freddy.

I find him boring, and the fact I'm forced to use the 2010 version sucks.

• JohnShark
    JohnShark Member Posts: 88

Legion for 6-7 months, I wanted them to give legion buffs so bad but once ghostface came out I mained him. And now I main deathslinger

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Plague.

I was religiously devoted to her upon release, despite her always being buggy.

But then there was an incredible spike in difficulty using her after the implementation of dedicated servers. Far too many misses with her Purge despite visually see it connect to a survivor.

And the continued bugs just never ends. One thing gets fixed, something new pops up.

Plague become just WAY too much hard work.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Billy was my boy from when I first started playing Killer.

Then came the nerf & addon "fixes".

I tried playing him again recently and he's still too janky.

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100

Hillbilly

His reworked kinda removed what I loved about him. He didn't desrve the nerf he got and now his add ons all suck and he isn't fun to play anymore.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Billy, Nurse, PH. Would enjoy playing any of them in their pre-rework formats but they're just not as fun as they used to be

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Hillbilly. All they had to do was remove the charge time add-ons. :(

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Old Freddy. I still miss him so much ๐Ÿ˜”โœŠ

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Billy, you know why I dropped maining him everyone knows why.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Plague.

She's not worth playing at all currently and I don't think behavior has any plans to change her. If they do then they're keeping if hush hush.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    edited January 2021

Hillbilly after his nerf. His add-ons are all useless now.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,160

First it was Leatherface because he was the only killer with BBQ. Then it was Wraith. Then it was Spirit.

I tried to start learning Nurse, but I'm on console and she got updated, so for a long while now I've mained no one.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Plague

I got tired of her slow ass puke velocity taking 5 minutes to reach the target, and I realized how much I hate playing against her so it made me kinda not want to play her. I still play her sometimes but when I'm breathing down someone's neck and still can't hit them because they're going around a corner it makes me wonder why I came back or even started liking her in the first place

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Myers. I bought the game because of him and played him for a year and then Ghostface came out who I've been maining since then on his release. Myers is too outdated in my opinion. I don't see myself changing my main again, Ghostface is my boi but I do also play a lot of Blight.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Plague. I had to drop her thanks to dedicated servers. Would still be maining her now if not for robbed hits.

Deathslinger. Was a slinger main til Blight's release, played a solid month of Blight and just lost my Slinger skill and couldn't get it back.

Hag. Too simple, too easy. It's like playing chess, sure, but against someone that's only ever played checkers. So few survivors ever do well, and even then I can usually do better.

Ghostface. Busted reveal mechanic, add-on dependency and meta shift. Plus I kinda got bored.

Spirit. First killer I ever played, still have a soft spot for her. I like her playstyle of going invisible and hunting down survivors based on environmental ques and guesswork, but I don't like her playstyle of taking away all info and just 50/50ing loops.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Hillbilly. The overheat mechanic really broke the camel's back, but before that I realized that only bad survivors or outpositioned survivors will ever let you chainsaw them.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I don't main any killer anymore because I'm trying to get everyone up to P3 Lv50 so I guess both my mains Huntress and then Pig.

For survivor it was Adam and then David but same reason as killer, I'm trying to get everyone up to P3 Lv50.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited January 2021

So from what I've seen, it appears that the most dropped killer is Billy. Perhaps Behavior will realize that the overheat mechanic is complete bs. Billy's add-on's needed to be nerfed, but not his base kit. Also why are his animations still so wonky?

Freddy also looks to be a commonly dropped killer. The biggest reason that I see for this is because he's boring to play as. I don't get this personally, but I understand it. Freddy could definitely use some things to spice his kit up.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I feel you. No matter how much I and other people talk about their unwarranted Billy changes on here they will never fix them and it really sucks. Couldn't care less about the overheat anymore and his FOV and animations I don't mind too much with stretched res or shadowborn, but Jesus Christ there was absolutely no reason to make him so annoying and have all his sounds pierce your ears (Not just his stupid roar, but the chainsaw is also annoyingly loud and screechy, and when using engravings it literally doesn't even make a sound when you're chainsawing)

• ALostPuppy
  • bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2021

Nurse and Billy both and both got ruined... just look at the addons, they alone reveal the entire mess...

Billy is now somewhere between clown and trapper... Nobody plays him anymore so people still think he is viable because of his former past. He was once the most popular killer, now you even forget he exists. People that are rating him atm just dont play him enough. They tested him, think "well, it still works" and move on.

-He cant use his chainsaw in chases anymore which makes him a M1 Killer with good mobility for long distances...

-He sucks indoors... He is basically a Trapper without traps indoors.

-Its fun to cruise around on open maps. But his playground, wide open maps make him overheat now. When you found a survivor you cant use your chainsaw anymore with any strategic value. Its not like they dont loop you very tight anyway.

-He had very clean addons... bumper billy, stealth billy, cooldown billy etc...

now we have...

..."when you look into a flashlight for 5 seconds after you got stunned by a pallet, your movement speed sligtly decreases by 5%, while your terroradius increases by 4.2%, in case a generator got repaired in the last 12 seconds"

kind of addons...

Nurse is no fun to play. I think its probably easier for someone that never played her before to find the fun in playing her. When you played her before they messed her up you very likely simply dislike the entire killer now.

-She has an addon that gives her normal movement speed for trading her power completely. Nothing more to add here.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

I wouldn't say I mained them but any killer that requires precision I've basically stopped using. I play on console and there is a special kind of frustration when you have the right idea in your head but then you miss.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I use to main Freddy (pre-rework) and then switched to Spirit after the rework then I guess I switched to Oni/Slinger, I can't really pick one or the other I play both of them all the time.

• ALostPuppy

I don't like new Billy much either but man you're completely wrong. He's weaker that's for sure, but he is absolutely nowhere close to Trapper or Clown tier. I've been playing him and doing fine. Maveros and Battleguy still 4K almost every game. If you wanna say he's not top 5 anymore I'd agree, he was only top 5 because of crack and instasaw. Double engravings still makes him really strong, but is really punishing unless you're good at it (I never was, I suck so much with double engravings). Addonless now he's meh though, but with the brown addon that adds 20 extra overheat charges and the yellow add-on that increases the cooldown rate, he's not bad at all. The rest of his add-ons are either bad or gimmicky. Why are there so many add-ons that turn him into a really bad stealth killer? Makes no sense.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

Hag was the first killer who really clicked for me, and I mained her for a while before switching to Pig. Part of it was just that it started to feel like a chore to have to lay down traps over and over again every match -- I like it better when there's no set-up and I can just start playing.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Trapper. But then I got better, climbed the ranks, and now I simply can't play trapper and have a good time.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

First killer I mained was Huntress back in 2017.

Started maining Leatherface when he was released and have rarely touched other killers since (although I've tested pretty much all killers at some point throughout the years).

Even when the community considered Bubba trash-tier I saw his potential as he's the only killer that can mindgame with complete movement control whilst using an area-of-effect instadown. I've always loved that concept.

I'm still maining him despite his rework which made him more "mainstream". Will probably main him forever to be honest.

All the other killers quickly become boring to me.

The only other killers that somewhat interest me are Oni and Pyramid Head.

Pyramid Head because I have been a Silent Hill fan since my childhood but his power feels clunky and unreliable. Also since he is a 2 hit killer people tend to hold W every single time forcing me to walk after them in a straight line for hours or switch targets. That becomes boring as hell after a while. You hit them through the wall and then see them sprint across the map. Very fun.

Oni because he too has an area-of-effect instadown with "some" movement control, "some" tracking via blood orbs and insane mobility. Also his overall design and chase music is just awesome but if people don't greed pallets and loop flawlessly he won't get his power early on making him an ordinary M1 killer. That too becomes boring after a while.